Victor Fuentes is an energetic senior manager with many years experience in progressively responsible roles in the information technology, consulting, and general management fields. Extensive experience on engagement and delivery management, large - scale systems implementation, training and systems engineering, in both corporate and government environments. Critical thinker with superior leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills. Superior written and verbal communications. Expert knowledge of PMI project management disciplines. Victor brings broad industry and functional knowledge of ID Systems, IT, Telecommunications, Billing and Customer Care, HR, Finance, Manufacturing and Supply & Chain. Victor is fluent in English, French and Spanish, with conversational Portuguese.
Confidential - Albany NY
- Provides systems and computer support and troubleshooting to local communities. Keep abreast of technology methodologies as ITIL and Agile while expanding knowledge on areas such as Linux and Android.
- Earlier this year associated with SBGA, - a membership organization offering back-office solutions, from internet marketing, search engine optimization, electronic payments to payroll and accounting services to Small and Medium size business, - to provide consulting services to local merchants in the New York Capital Region Area.
Project/Account Manager - Albany NY
- Successfully managed the Confidential ’s largest Identity System outside London, a US $8,000,000.00 a year business ensuring the seamless manufacturing of a yearly 5 million driver licenses, enhanced driver licenses and various state ID cards for the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Managed the implementation of a security critical NY Drivers Image & Signature capture system deployed in over 130 DMV offices thought-out the state, ensuring a tight integration with the NY State Security Governance and Risk management practices. The system operates on a windows environment with real time interface to the mainframe holding the central images database.
- Victor’s responsibilities included client’s relationship management, contract management, vendor management, supply-chain management, project management, and supervision of local staff.
Director IT Business Support - Reston, VA
Confidential a Fortune 1000 company based in Reston, VA, is a leading provider of mobile communications for business customers in Latin America. Confidential . has operations in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Peru and Chile offering a fully integrated wireless communications tool with digital cellular voice service, data services, wireless Internet access and Nextel Direct Connect® and International Direct Connect(TM), a digital two-way radio feature.
- Victor led the corporate oversight group guiding the overhaul of the OSS infrastructure in the countries served by the company. The oversight group provided funding, industry expertise, risk management, project management and major systems implementation support to individual country projects.
- Provided leadership to the deployment of a multi-million billing system across four countries, (Mexico, Peru, Brazil and Argentina) chairing the OSS projects Steering Committee Meetings with participation of countries, vendor and NII corporate personnel. He managed four direct reports. Responsible for planning, deploying and supporting a yearly budget of over $10,000,000.00 global systems implementations across NII five operating countries.
- Managed the final vendor selection process and successfully negotiated a multimillion multi-country billing conversion project. Managed two countries joint Requirement Gap analysis that served as basis for the development and deployment of the new target system. Recruited and deployed senior project management resources to staff local country project.
A $1 billion international business and information technology consulting firm headquartered in Fairfax, VA with 49 offices worldwide. Customers have included 43 state and provincial governments, most federal agencies, and hundreds of Fortune 500 companies.
Confidential, Engagement Manager, Atlanta, GA
- Built trusted C-level relationships leading to the closing of a US $5,000,000.00 large international technology project in Brazil. Lead negotiation of the contract.
- Provided management oversight to a group of 15 professionals from the US, Europe and Brazil, directed the successful implementation of an integrated collection system for Embratel, Brazil's largest long distance carrier. The system, an AMS proprietary standalone collection solution, was customized in Rio de Janeiro with modifications and enhancements developed in Denver, CO.
Senior Principal & Senior Project Manager, Confidential, Mexico City
- Directing a group of over 60 professionals in two sites, Denver, Colorado, and Mexico City, successfully managed the analysis, customization and implementation of an Integrated Customer Contact and Billing System for Telcel, the largest cellular communications providers in Mexico. The system had a value of over US $20,000,000.00 over four years. The mainframe based system operating in English and Spanish, provided automatic account activation, flexible price plans and flexible rating and discounting to Telcel's customer base.
- Victor responsibilities included both client relationships and the day-to-day project work.
Principal and Senior Project Manager - Confidential, Montreal, Canada
- Directed the successful implementation of a tax and general revenue systems (OASIS) for the City of Montreal. OASIS maintained a comprehensive taxpayer database, which is linked through an automated interface with the Montreal Urban Community (MUC) appraisal system. OASIS implemented on an IBM MVS IDMS mainframe, processes property, business, permits and miscellaneous tax revenue. It provides the city with tax roll, billing, cash receipts, and collection processing for $1.7 billion in annual revenue.
- Directing a group of 10 to 17 professionals, managed the analysis of requirements, general design, development of software modifications to the Tax Accounting software, and supervised the phased implementation of the system over a period of 18 months.