Proven ability in managing and leading projects with heavy focus in driving, planning, design, analysis and implementation of Health and Welfare programs for large organizations including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, disability programs (personal disability and Workers' Compensation), qualified and non-qualified retirement plans (Defined Benefit/Pension and Defined Contribution/401k), and various other voluntary benefits.
- Recommended Stop Loss policy on the organization self-funded plans, which saved the organization over 500,000 in potential claims loss.
- Designed and/or implemented process which minimized duplication of benefit payments.
- Restructured the organization Short-Term Disability program, which resulted in the recovery of over 100,000.
- Renegotiated the organization's Worker's Compensation program which saved the organization over 50,000.
Confidential2008 - Present Project Manager - Employee Benefit Outsourcing, (30,000 Active/Retiree Employees)
- Key function is to ensure the delivery of viable Benefit Plan Administration solutions and services.
- Partners with Operations Team in managing ongoing benefit administration issues and escalate appropriate resolution, including root-cause analysis, which is critical in implementing long term fixes.
- Oversee weekly feed process, set safe guards to ensure data integrity of benefit enrollments and deductions between the carriers, third party administrator and the organization's HRIS system.
- Investigate, resolve and document problems or issues between employees and vendors; research and resolve discrepancies in plan administration
- Collaborates with cross-functional groups and communicates project status across the organization.
- Work with internal/external client in gathering and/or compiling business requirements and assist Team in the coordination and/or completion of project plans.
Confidential- Clearwater, FL 2007 - 2008 Sr. Benefits Analyst, (8,000 US/International Employees)
- Responsible for the overall strategic planning and design of all health and welfare plans as well as assisted with the day to day processing of the retirement plans.
- Worked with Benefits Director and/or VP of Human Resources in reviewing and negotiating of contracts with insurance carriers, administrators and service providers.
- Monitored and analyzed utilization of benefit plans and made recommendations for enhancements/changes to existing programs.
- Participated in the writing and editing of plan documents and enrollment materials.
- Audited, analyzed and verification of monthly billing for all health and welfare plans (including self-funded medical as well as voluntary plans).
- Daily interaction between the employee/participant, carrier and/or record-keeper in trouble shooting and resolving moderate to complex benefit administration issues.
- Coordinated required activities, including benefit file loads and testing with internal IT personnel as well as carriers/vendors.
- Oversaw audits, non-discrimination testing activities, IRS Form 5500 tax filings and interacted with the Legal Dept to ensure benefit plans were in compliance with ERISA, Section 125, HIPAA, local, state and federal laws.
- Coordinate annual projects, such as Section 125 non-discrimination testing, open enrollment (Active, COBRA and wellness) initiatives.
Confidential- Dallas, TX 2006 - 2007 Human Resource Representative
- Partnered with assigned field groups to strategically and tactically address recruiting, supervisory, management and employee needs, managed the day to day administration of all areas of Employee Relations.
- Management and maintenance of Human Resources Information Systems functions for the facility.
- Worked closely with Hiring Manager in reviewing candidates for non-exempt positions.
- Advised managers on employee relation issues and counseled employees in the area of career/personal development.
- Recruited applicants and provided career counseling, testing and quality matching to job.
- Investigated and made recommendations for corrective action of EEO, Wage and Hour claims.
- Assisted in the annual compensation and performance review process.
- Conducted exit interviews and completed appropriate paperwork on voluntary terminations.
Confidential- Dallas, TX 1998 - 2002 Sr. Benefits Specialists, (20,000 US Active/Retiree Employees)
- Oversaw and managed the planning, design, support and implementation of the organization's benefits programs.
- Implemented and managed the strategic course and the design, financing, vendor selection, rate negotiations for the organization's health and welfare plans, including Pension and 401k.
- Supported officer requests for retirement benefits information (such as QDRO's) and counseled employees regarding retirement benefits.
- Monitored retirement benefit trends and applicable benefits legislation.
- Analyzed, evaluated and administered qualified/non-qualified defined benefit plans (401k, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Ensured compliance with all government regulations, requirements and audits relative to benefit plan administration.
- Participated in due diligence related Employee Benefit as a result of mergers and/or acquisitions.
Confidential- Frisco, TX 1994 - 1998 Human Resources Administrator/HR Project Management, (4,000 US/International Employees)
- Project Manager/Program Management role with responsibility to evaluate Human Resources processes and/or tasks indentify opportunities for improvement and recommend, implement viable, cost effective solutions to streamline processes, ensure compliance with federal and/or state guidelines.
- Designed, analyzed, and the execution of timely and accurate benefits administration processes, including ongoing enrollments as well as annual enrollment.
- Processed all COBRA disclosure requirements and collaborated/educated employees regarding the benefit.
- Coordinated employee leave of absence requests including STD, LTD, Worker's Compensation and FMLA as well as State leave of absences requests.
- Assisted in facilitating effective design/administration of compensation and equity programs including performance management, salary and incentive programs.
- Partner closely with the business units, HR Business Partners and leadership to pro-actively respond compensation issues.
- Conducted and participated in surveys and evaluated positions utilizing established evaluation systems.
Confidential Call Center Repr. - Employee Benefits (30,000 US Employees) 06/2005 - 09/2005 Confidential Implementation Specialist 10/2004 - 01/2005 Confidential Sr. Retirement Analyst (Pension/40K) (10,000 US Employees) 06/2004 - 09/2004 Confidential Licensed Life and Health Agent 10/2002 - 06/2004
Education & Certifications Bachelor - Business Management
Technical Skills Working knowledge of SOX, FAS 87, 88 and 106 accounting practices. Extremely computer literate, working knowledge of relational database (SQL), file transfers, configuration and file automation tools, experience working with SAP, PeopleSoft, Siebel and Lawson database systems. Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project.