Accreditations PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) ITIL Version 3 Six Sigma Green Belt EMC Information Storage & Management (ISM) Proven Professional
- + 15 years as Senior Project Manager, Engagement Manager, Program Management Manager, and Business Analyst with unique blend of leadership, business, financial, and hands-on field delivery skills.
- + 30 years of experience in external, client facing Information Technology, Infrastructure, and Service Delivery Management.
- + 20 years of first and second level management, totaling nearly 900 people years in customer service, personnel management (performance appraisal and salary administration), with proven ability to develop and implement cohesive strategies to meet multi-national, business objectives and attain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Directly managed onshore and offshore resources to perform data center provisioning, application and storage migrations, geographically diverse moves, architectural design, and risk management for over 1,000 Windows, Unix and VMWare server hosts.
- Conducted multiple Enterprise IT gap analysis services to access clients’ Infrastructure readiness to meet Service Level Agreements.
- Contributed to Six Sigma (Green Belt) improvements to improve product delivery, site readiness, and installation processes, which reduced costs, leadtimes, and implementation timelines.
- Established mission critical service delivery procedures for key Enterprise client resulting in recurring, long term service support, maintenance contracts.
- Managed geographically and markets’ diverse service delivery organization, achieving nationally, lowest costs and highest, 100% customer satisfaction.
- Implemented automotive warehouse enterprise system resulting in significant improvements to cash flow, asset management, and D&B credit rating.
Management of Small and Large Projects Infrastructure Project Management Customer Relationship Management Customer Help Desk Solution Development and Delivery Service Launch and Delivery Management Process Development Quality Assurance Process Improvement Team Building Product Commercialization
Project Management Tools: Microsoft Project; MS Office 2010/2007 including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint; Visio; SharePoint; Remedy, Clarity, PMBOK, PRINCE2. Server/Storage/Network/Database Provisioning: Windows; Solaris; HPUX; Linux; VMWare; Citrix; SQL; Oracle; NetBackup; Tivoli; Anti-Virus; HA/Clustering; CS Load Balancing; MS Exchange; DNS.
Education Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
Responsibilities & Accomplishments- Confidential- January 2011 to May 2011 Senior Project Manager, Dallas, Texas
- Planned and coordinated storage implementation services totaling $370K in quarterly revenue.
- Concurrently responsible for +30 projects from inception to closure, conducting customer project kickoff meetings, monitoring and controlling timelines, budgets, deliverables, ensuring revenue recognition, and exceeding billable utilization goals.
- Recognized for rapid assimilation of storage products and delivery processes by professional services and sales account management teams.
- Achieved Information Storage and Management certification.
Confidential- June 2006 to January 2011 Senior Infrastructure Project Manager and Business Analyst, Dallas, Texas.
- Successfully planned and delivered, server host construction, multiple data center moves and migrations between Kansas City, Chicago, New York City, Dallas, and Manassas, Va. for Astellas Pharma, Farmland Foods, Armour Eckrich, The Princeton Review, and Lucent Government Solutions.
- Successfully facilitated Infrastructure architectural design, developed pricing, planned, and delivered mission and business critical, Infrastructure solutions for several hundred Energy Futures Holdings (TXU Corp), Luminant, Oncor, and TXU Energy server hosts. Host Infrastructure provisioning included LAN, WAN, SAN/NAS, backup/restore, Anti-Virus, DR, operational monitoring, alert notifications and readiness, as well as HA/cluster, SQL/Oracle database, applications, and web load balancing testing.
- Planned and coordinated multiple inter-vendor, host-based SAN storage migrations which met compressed timelines and minimal funding.
- Key contributor to developing and implementing U.S. service request processes and improvements to delivery cost estimating tools and methodology.
- Acted as senior Subject Matter Expert and mentor for data center provisioning, data center moves, server commercialization, and project scope and requirements gathering.
- Led server commercialization, production readiness process development and provided global training to technical engineers, project managers, operations management, and account service delivery personnel.
- Consistently exceeded billable utilization goals.
Confidential- May 1999 to October 2005 Client Solutions, Senior Program Manager, EDS Account Team, Dallas, Texas
- Developed repeatable processes and procedures to track and accurately forecast U.S., EDS Client Solutions revenue.
- Responsible for successful Program Management and project delivery oversight for over 90 professional services projects, totaling $5.5M. Nationwide, coast to coast projects included small to large scale server domain configuration installations, server capacity planning, cluster builds, and storage array installations and data migrations, as well as architectural and infrastructure operational readiness (performance, reliability, availability, scalability, & security) assessments.
- Mentored Client Solutions Engagement Managers to increase their knowledge of project delivery processes and methodologies.
Professional Services, Senior Project Manager and Engagement Manager, Central Southwest Practice: Dallas, Texas
- Engagement and Project Management- Developed and delivered IT solutions resulting in $2.5 million in fiscal year, services business.
- Achieved high levels of measured customer satisfaction. Customers include American Airlines, Sabre, TXU, ACS, EDS, Ultramar Diamond Shamrock, and Williams Gas.
- Conducted multiple Enterprise-level, SunReady Availability Assessments, IT Infrastructrusure readiness, gap analysis.
- Green Belt, SunSigma (Six Sigma) High Touch Project Team Member.
- Worked with sales account teams to gather customer requirements, develop solutions, identify, scope, and cost professional services, obtain purchase orders, engage project delivery team, and ensure overall customer satisfaction.
Customer Service Manager: Dallas, Texas
- Responsible for mission critical, service delivery support of Texas Instruments, Open Business Systems project.
- Contributed to establishing mission critical support process improvements, which included escalation processes, system reliability, call center support, change control, parts logistics, and vendor partnerships.
Independent Consultant, Management Services- June 1996 to May 1999 Major Clients-
Confidential: Dallas, Texas- Sabre Account Manager, Professional Services. Confidential: Dallas, Texas- Project Manager, Vantive Support Module Health Imaging, Help Desk Call Center Implementation. Confidential: Rochester, New York- Project Manager, Foresight Software, MXP Service Management, Enterprise System, United States and Canada Implementation.
Confidential- September 1981 to May 1996 Director, Business Development: Dallas, Texas.
- Managed development of worldwide service support strategies, interfaced with cross functional support resources and external distribution channels, and established continuous improvement processes and procedures.
- Developed service division's organizational model for field service to improve alignment and Health Sciences business unit focus.
- Initiated process improvements which increased service revenues and corporate cash flow.
- Provided interim supervision for functionally diverse and geographically dispersed work groups during major reorganization and downsizing.
Service Support Manager: Dallas, Texas and Rochester, New York.
- Managed geographically split team of engineers responsible for new product serviceability and worldwide service support readiness of medical imaging, LAN and WAN systems.
- Established product commercialization and continuous improvement processes which resulted in analytical tool development and establishing multiple service provider support strategies.
Service Manager and District Service Manager: Oklahoma City and Dallas, Texas.
- Managed field service delivery operations, covering 14 states, for onsite support of data processing, insurance, banking, medical, printing, professional and consumer photography, and Sun Microsystems workstation markets.
- Achieved 1992 Masters Club by attaining 100% Customer Satisfaction and nationally, highest overall level of customer satisfaction in Health & Imaging business units.
- Established State of Texas, Kodak-Sun Microsystems Partnership.
- Consolidated and reorganized four, field service districts and developed first regional Health & Imaging district, reducing overall support costs and improving customer and employee satisfaction.
Field Engineer: Seattle, Washington.
- Provided direct on-site customer field service for Kodak Business Imaging products.