To conduct original research in collaboration with others. To assist in establishing sources and procuring data and materials from library research; analyses data; establishes sources, plans, and records data and interpret data; collects objects, and prepares reports. To assist in the preparation of articles and speeches; edits articles checking content, form, style, and bibliographical citations. To assist staff in the design, execution, and evaluation of research projects, including literature reviews, surveys, focus groups, data integration, and analysis.
Results Orientated Passionate Leader that cares about people, integrity, and ethics Attention to detail Organized Positive Driven Dynamic Excellent relationship skills Compassionate
M.S. Sociology B.S. Criminal Justice-Minor in Sociology Selected Skills and Honors:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Transcription, SPSS Advanced Concepts and Measures.
- United Chapters of Alpha Kappa Delta International Sociology Honors Society Alpha Xi of Texas.
- Certified from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine as a NEMS rater this is an online course: A Nutrition Environment Measures survey which helps me to conduct nutritional food surveys by analyzing fat content in certain foods. This is currently the database tool that I am using to conduct diabetes research at UTSA.
- Conducted and input surveys on breast cancer, diabetes, and nutritional data.
Confidential, TX August 2008 to May 2011 Research/Project Management Assistant
- Conducts original research in collaboration with professors.
- Assists in establishing sources and procuring data and materials from library research; analyses data; establishes sources, plans, and records data and interprets data; collects objects, and prepares reports.
- Assists in the preparation of articles and speeches; edits articles checking content, form, style, and bibliographical citations.
- Assist staff in the design, execution, and evaluation of research projects, including literature reviews, surveys, focus groups, data integration, and analysis.
- Responsible for meeting research deadlines and making progress without direct supervision.
- Produces written, tabular, and visual materials for research reports and presentations.
- Handled and protected confidential information and sensitive data with integrity.
Confidential- San Antonio, TX January to May 2011 Activities Coordinator Intern
- Assists in activity planning for the assisted living and retirement community.
- Responsible for implementing a program of activities tailored to the needs and and limitations of participants in adult day care settings.
- Organize an activities program that will maintain interest and progression over a period of time.
- Identify the needs of the collective group and individuals and tailor the activities to suit them.
- Encourage involvement from the local community to attend your activities.
- Develop relationships with residents to encourage their participation in activities that enhances their quality and appreciation for life.
- Conduct safe exercises and other physical activities.
- Organize, conduct, coordinate and lead activities for active daily living such as groups parties, games, activities, and discussions.
- Plan, develop, and implement resident lifestyle programming within the community as well as through outside trips and events.
- Assist with carrying out each individual's program, regularly track progress and stay aware of functional changes in clients, helping programs accordingly.
- The main aim is to improve the intellectual, physical and overall health of the people in your care.
- Maintain a committed, patient and caring personality with a sense of humor and a positive outlook on life.
- Perform work tasks in a manner that preserves each resident's dignity, privacy, and confidentiality.
Confidential. (Oil and Gas) August to December 2011 Research Assistant/Intern for Cloud Computing
Researched and compiled 250 page document along with referenced documentation on Cloud Computing. Topics included: Definitions of different types of cloud computing: public, private and corporate cloud, on-premise computing, differences of cloud computing and on-demand computing, maturity level and maturity uptake of cloud for 2010, researched future market trends for next 5 to 10 years, advantages of cloud compared to traditional computing, market opportunities for cloud in next 5 to 10 years, major players in cloud computing market and future players getting into the market in 5 to 10 years, quadrant chart, infrastructure required by cloud, current technology available for cloud, technology players in market, technology evolution to meet the demands on cloud in next 5 years, potential market revenue in cloud in the next 5 to 10 years, power point on entire document.
Confidential -San Antonio, TX January to May 2008 Paralegal Assistant/Intern Law firm
- Compiled and typed out information on legal affidavits; signed on wills.
- Typed out legal documentation reports and conducted law research.
- Answered incoming calls for James Warner, LLCand handled clients' questions about their court dates and paperwork.
- Maintained professionalism and confidentiality with client and company information.
Confidential-San Antonio, TX January to August 2006
- Took credit card applications over the phone, conducted sensitive balance transfers for Citibank clients, and answered all customer service questions in a professional, pleasant, and courteous manner.
Confidential-San Antonio, TX January to May 2003
- Handled incoming calls from students regarding scheduling of classes.
- Typed in all data entry, sorted professors' mail, xeroxed, stocked supplies.
- Arranged professors' syllabi in correct order and read over for correct information.
- Handled the confidentiality of test information.
COMMUNITY SERVICE Confidential Over 200 Hours
- Taught morning exercises.
- Served and ate lunch with the elderly.
- Visited, shared, and listened to the residents concerns and engaged in conversations concerning all realms of life.