- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with 16 years of experience in the overall program management and acquisitions of integrated systems and software engineering projects with a heavy emphasis on Quality Assurance, Configuration Management, Software Testing, IV&V, CMMI Process Methods and Improvement.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Responsible for the overall coordination and completion of software development projects for DefenseWeb clients.
- Manage multiple web - based software development projects with revenue values of $7M to $150M.
- Effectively initiates, plans, executes, controls and close projects and tasks as assigned. Motivate and lead 5 to 10 person software project implementation teams to ensure that all systems developed on time, within budget, and beyond client expectations.
- Actively listen to identify clients’ active needs while uncovering their latent needs, document the project, and directly “translate” the key deliverables.
- Development of project concept and plan, facilitating project meetings, tracking, analysis, adherence to quality standards, review of project deliverables, change control, and status reporting.
- Leads Integrated Project Teams in systems development following the SEI-CMMI processes leading to Level V capability evaluation.
- Provide single point-of-contact support for all parties—clients, management and project staff—throughout the entire project.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project.
- Provides subject matter expertise and leadership in initiating Lean Six Sigma root cause analysis and process methods.
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Delegate tasks and monitor the workflow of the team, making adjustments as necessary.
- Maintain good working relationship with internal and external contacts.
- Manages and participates in proposal writing efforts to garner new business for the company.
Confidential, Merrifield, VA
- Over 16 years of professional experience in engineering principles and practices. Responsibility of overseeing and coordinating the major activities of large acquisition IT, automation and vehicle projects.
- Working with stakeholders, developed the overall business processes and documentation for the Engineering and Acquisition life cycle processes. This project was a value proposition that was audited by the OIG and received high recommendations for implementation.
- Responsible for the development of technical specifications, the formulation of statements of work, and the review and evaluation of requests for proposals.
- Conducts contract negotiations associated with equipment acquisitions and the evaluation of commercial equipment technologies and systems.
- Prepares justification packages for equipment acquisition.
- Developed project plans, policies and forecasts for the acquisition, deployment and maintenance activities for PMO projects.
- Prepared annual capital equipment acquisition budget and monitored program expenditures, using earned value management to ensure projects were meeting work products and budget on time and within scope.
- Monitored equipment performance, safety/ergonomic and field issues during the deployment phase of equipment programs.
- Briefed Capital Investment Committee and representatives of private, professional, academic organizations, contractors and manufacturers on high level processes.
Confidential, Merrifield, VA
- Responsible for Information Technology Management/Research and Development. Over 10 years of experience in research and development and technical team leadership.
- Lead multi-disciplinary Lean Six Sigma process improvement teams in an automation performance improvement initiative that resulted in increased work hour savings and reduced equipment downtime.
- Developed Test Plans and conducted alpha and beta test processes prior to national deployment of critical mail processing equipment and delivery systems.
- Performed IV&V of technical documentation to ensure quality and accuracy of deliverables.
- Designed and implementing highly customized information retrieval systems from the ground up.
- Developed and implemented the System Quality Assurance, Configuration Management processes within the Engineering organization.
- Diversified experience and progressive accomplishments in systems engineering, ILS, configuration management and technical leadership.
- Has extensive knowledge and experience in developing the SEI/CMMI level practices with software environment.
- Experience in relating metrics to quality, productivity, and technology in software engineering environments.
- Lead the business system solution development of the organization and directed and managed the functional area that is related to planning and provides alternative solutions to business needs.
- Managed multiple project management initiatives to meet customer business needs.
- Provided leadership and guidance to employees and suppliers in the development and implementation of business systems solutions.
- On a daily basis communicated effectively, both orally and in writing, with multiple customers, portfolio Managers and project teams to meet organizational goals.
- Developed and managed business cases to justify information systems project funding.
- Identified and tracked program activities; develop program costs and measure performance against planned objectives
Maintenance Software Specialist
Confidential, Landover, MD
- Developed and conducted software test cases and test plans for internal and vendor supplied software packages prior to national releases.
- Provided national technical support for software trouble calls
- Investigated and resolved reported software bugs and developed new requirements to correct deficiencies
- Coordinated alpha, pre-beta and beta tests with end users prior to national releases.
- Provided configuration and change control processes for all software packages under development and after release.
Real Estate Broker
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in the state of Florida. Provided oversight in the sales and property management of residential and commercial real estate properties. Experience in property appraisals and inspections.