- Business savvy Senior Enterprise Business Solution Architect with significant experience in process improvement and operational excellence. Effectively works with leadership, stakeholders and subject matter experts across domains to align corporate strategy with business objectives with decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives.
- Working with others at every level of the organization, solicit strategic imperatives from senior leaders and executives, and supporting business unit managers as they leverage business architecture artifacts to create their business plans. Provide direct input into the governance cycle that supports the achievement of key goals, planning and execution of various business scenarios, and delivery of bottom line business value.
- Expertise in delivering artifacts used by the organization to drive business objectives. Artifacts (both current & future state) include capability modeling, context diagrams, process mapping, requirements, rules, standards, systems and solution designs.
Confidential, Springfield, IL
Principal Consultant and Sr. Solution Architect
- Expand ISBE Data Warehouse to include critical systems for analysis of fiscal equity and return on investment.
- Establish budgeting, accounting, data collection, and reporting systems for revenues and expenditures at the individual school and early childhood - center level.
- Integrate student, educator, and fiscal data which will allow analysis of critical resource decisions and how resources are distributed across schools, centers, and students.
- Utilize expanded fiscal data in ISBE warehouse and ILDS data for early childhood ROI research project.
- Utilize expanded fiscal data in ISBE warehouse and ILDS data for high school to college success ROI research project.
- Implement Stakeholder Engagement Plan to Inform All Components of the Fiscal Equity and ROI Priority Area
- Artifacts created include Context Diagrams and Process Maps (both current and future state with supporting narrative), Data Elements, Event List, Use Cases, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Business Rules, Glossary, Role Authorization Models (RASIC), Capability Models, Architecture Definition Document (ADD) and others if deemed necessary.
Confidential, Racine, WI
Project Solution Architect (Contract)
- Working closely with the Director, Business Process & Technology Architecture and Lead System Engineers on a consulting basis, accountable for the end - to-end design of the solution. Translates functional and non-functional requirements of the project into a set of architecture and design artifacts.
- Work across infrastructure, applications, security, and data domains to ensure the entire solution design meets the business requirements; oversees the development and testing of the solution to ensure the product produced is aligned with the design and of good quality.
- Primarily responsible for ensuring cross function integration of the product through every step of the product development cycle.
Senior Enterprise Business Operations Architect (Contract)
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Led a team that defined the scope, objectives, facts, constraints, and risks associated with researching and selecting a Business Process Management (BPM) / Workflow Management (WFM) tool for the Bank Operations Center and Financial Cards; developed SOW.
- Project team work included RFI, RFP, product scorecard, vendor selection, authoring whitepaper and recommendations
- Managed and completed business architecture and proof of concept(s) for the Payment Solutions Center for Apple Pay
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Worked side-by-side with the Business Technology and Integration Office (BTIO) in standing up a company-wide Enterprise Architecture (EA) approach that included best practices and guidance around strategy, principles, policies and standards including template design and creation.
- Managed and facilitated a multi-department, highly collaborative effort centered on creating best practices, standards, and a formal experimental testing governance approach for the firm.
- Personal responsibilities included meeting logistics, running planning sessions, converting the strategic concepts into structured business architecture frameworks, presentations and written updates to executive leadership
- While primary architecture work efforts focused on life insurance, mutual funds and retirement, I also managed and completed business architecture on over 100 initiatives in Auto, Bank, Customer Care (B2C, B2B, and B2E), Mobile, On-line, Property & Casualty (P&C) and Social Media
- Familiarity of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and Concepts (including but not limited to ITIL, TOGAF, Zachman, FEA and Gartner (practices). Trained in MEGA, an enterprise architecture solution tool
Confidential, New York, NY
Project Manager and Sr. Consultant
- Led a team to capture several million dollars in annual expense reduction with capacity utilization benefits for a 500-employee processing center within a Fortune 500 financial services company success of this pilot project earned The Lab an enterprise-wide improvement initiative with the client, the largest single project in company history .
Confidential, Troy, MI
Project Manager and Sr. Solution Consultant (Contract)
- Directed and managed the business and functional requirements documentation with system analysts and project team assigned to the system selection project.
- Assisted in system selection for a large-scale investments system for advanced dealer/portfolio management.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provided due diligence, expert witness testimony, forensic accounting and underwriting analysis on a pool of 5,000 mortgages for Plaintiffs lead law-firm in the lawsuit Beal Bank vs. FDIC.
- Gathered and documented underwriting errors & omissions; consolidated findings and made presentations to lead Attorneys allowing Plaintiff to recover damages arising from the regulator's alleged breaches of contract regarding subprime mortgage portfolios the bank had purchased. The FDIC ultimately settled for $90M in January 2009, avoiding lengthy litigation.
Acting CFO and Director of Finance
- Provided financial leadership from operating plans through development of forecasts, variance analysis, and budgets for a $35M privately held manufacturer.
- Directed, developed and prepared Company’s long and short-term Business Plan that set key corporate goals; implemented all Plans after Board of Director approval.
- A member of the Derivatives project team that identified and resolved over 5,000 trade and account discrepancies through trade activity and customized reconciliation.
- Preparation, analysis and resolution of client derivative account activity with the Chicago Derivative Team and the London-based Wealth Management Team.
- Aux Sable Liquid Products
- Mesirow Financial
- Hewitt Associates
- Zurich Insurance Group