- Started as a Software Engineer in my early years in IT with 6+ years writing code experience
- Hands - on Project Manager for over 12+ years
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies, playing the role of Iteration Manager/Scrum Master. Successfully manage and deliver enterprise software solutions, external customer facing eCommerce sites.
- Strong and solid Software Development Project Management background
- Abreast and strong experience of AGILE/SCRUM Project Management for software testing, integration and releases and supported ITIL’s Service Management Areas, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Strong understanding of client/server, internet and extranet architecture, APIs,Web Services, Front facing e-Commerce.
- Exceptional abilities in project scope (SOW), budgets, timelines and delivery dates, customer relationships, cost avoidance, risk management, KPI’s, continuous design improvements and conducted status meetings and customer reviews.
- Provide justifications for software tools and continuing education/training for development team.
- Adhere to SDLC methodology as a “best practice” guide throughout project lifecycle and successfully transition from Waterfall to Scrum project/software development.
- Attended and completed formal Project Management Professional (PMP) classes at PMI
Database & Design: TERADATA, SQL Server, Oracle, PL/SQL
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Scrum Master/Program Manager
- Managing 3 Scrum Teams responsible for delivering new capabilities and enhancements for Walmart.com backend services.
- Schedule and facilitate all aspects of the Scrum framework, including sprint planning sessions, backlog grooming, daily standup, product demos when applicable and sprint retrospectives.
- Collaborates with project leads to aggressively address issues, risks and mitigation plans
- Instill a sense of urgency reflecting the goals for the current iteration, upcoming release, and project vision, while passionately emphasizing the importance of meeting these goals
- Facilitated in ongoing enhancements for item ingestion and support for vendors which is one of the core functionality of Walmart eCommerce
- Managed Catalog Migration from a legacy system onto a scalable platform in order to support item setup for global markets
- Currently driving DB2 migration from the Program Management perspective that run across enterprise wide projects.
- Engaging cross-functional teams to ensure deliverables are on target; all impediments are addressed at the earliest moment across projects and across the organization.
Sr. Iteration Manager(Scrum Master)/Project Manager
- Working on Tokenization, Security Readiness, Compliance and Process Improvement Projects.
- Year 3 on Platform Simplification Project, migrating several “TBTF”/Strategic Enterprise Systems.
- Compile historical data from each sprints for actual “Cost Savings Summary” as part of the Consolidation/Decommissioning Efforts and provide it for team-wide use and future estimating activities
- Worked closely with 3 Directors, 40+ Engineers and successfully migrated 60 apps budgeted around $5.5M for Year 2 on Platform Simplification Project
- Responsible for effectively planning, scheduling, estimating, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for future sprints/projects
- Tracks and ensures visibility of historical team metrics and progress of the iteration
- Assists with internal and external communication by transparently radiating information, especially relative to historical team metrics, progress towards iteration and release goals, and team capacity
- Partner with Product Owners, Business Stakeholders, Engineering and Quality to deliver business value.
- Coach and mentor new member of the team to norm on our process using agile framework
- Manage 4 Scrum teams and 1 Kanban team.
- Maintain the team’s capacity, Scrum board, sprint backlog, velocity burndown/burnup charts.
- Manage and effectively deliver features committed for the release train.
- Optimizes, increases and sustains throughput; ensuring prioritization of work by value and risk, using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Ensures iteration-based meetings are effectively facilitated, and their cadence is maintained
- Assists team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and tasking
- Proactively identifies and removes blockers, limits work in progress and prevents distractions
- Facilitates frequent retrospectives, sharing metrics to identify and implement improvements
- Identifies, creates and defends opportunities for expediting feedback throughout the iteration
- Participates proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices
Project Manager/Scrum Master (Consultant)
- Overseeing multiple on going epics for the IRC Initiatives.
- Effectively leads and facilitates all project related meetings and communications with IT Team Members, Business Partners, and Executive Leadership to ensure projects are on target to meet their deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with all parties related to the projects assigned.
- Act as Scrum master for 3 scrum teams and 1 Kanban team with a focus on guiding the team towards process improvements
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos, assists in using Test Driven Development (TDD) and BDD
- Owns delivery according to planned schedule of one or more projects in various stages of life cycle.
- Leads the team through the project lifecycle according to our project delivery processes. Creates and owns project master schedule
- Ability to strategically and tactfully determine resolutions to issues as they arise without direction. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion. Manages risks and mitigations accordingly.
- Maintains a high degree of customer/client/sponsor satisfaction while also maintaining necessary project controls.
- Track, monitor and report on status of Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously
- Prioritize team activities and drive resolution of issues across all areas of the SDLC.
- Monitors progress, escalates roadblocks, reports progress through the use of defined metrics (dashboards, burndown), reviews the Product Backlog priorities with the business Product Owner(s) to plan the work for the upcoming sprint, ensures work completed is properly recorded and signed-off by appropriate parties.
- Determine severity of issues, appropriate parties to resolve them, dependencies for each user story to ensure proper sprint planning, business criticality of defects and is expected to participate in testing and data setup when needed to ensure the team's sprint success.
Program Manager/Scrum Master
- Manage ongoing project implementation and enhancements for Open Enrollment (Front facing e-Commerce sites) and other maintenance projects on a $5 million budget.
- Have a working knowledge of HIPAA standards, data conversions, data mapping, data translation, data tables and healthcare standard data file formats such as HL7, 834, etc