- Program Manager/Project manager/Scrum master
- Highly accomplished and goal - oriented business technology professional with proven record of accomplishment in managing complex IT projects and consistently exceeding expectations. Demonstrated proficiency in identifying business requirements, performing gap analysis between goals and existing procedures, and designing process and system improvements to increase productivity and reduce costs. Exhibits strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to facilitate large-scale projects on time and within budget. Proficient in translating complex IT deliverables into business operational actions.
- Experienced Program/Project manager offering 15+ years of success leading all phases of diverse technology projects; Certifications in Project Management (PMP), Six Sigma Black Belt, Controllership, Risk, ITIL
- 8 years of Agile experience in Scrum Master role responsible for facilitating the daily stand-up meeting, planning meetings, retrospectives and any discussions among development and customer team members. Helping the team maintain their burndown chart; Removing obstacles that affect the team
- M&A integrations- as Program Manager for over 25 enterprise integrations of acquired business by anticipating and managing change effectively in rapidly evolving global business and IT environments.
- Program/Project Manager for several Data Center Relocations
- PM Methodology expert with 15 years working with developing PM methodologies; Agile; Waterfall; SDLC; including mentoring; coaching junior PM’s, Green Belt Projects and BA’s
- Long track record of successfully delivering Infrastructure related projects (Network; Server; Security; Desktop)
- Experienced ERP Program Lead
- SAP 3.5g -Warehouse, Trans and Confidential
- Oracle 11i Operations/Financial -Program Lead Financials and Reporting
- JD Edwards (Financials)-
- Siebel-national rollout-Program Manager
- Salesforce-small rollouts-Program Manager-Several Acquisitions
- Microsoft Dynamics Confidential 4.0
- Microsoft Dynamics Confidential 2011
- Successfully executed projects across a broad technical spectrum including: .Net, Java, BPM Tools (Websphere TIBCO), SQL, FileNet, Dell Boomi; COBOL, Oracle, Windows, MAC
- IT/Business Six Sigma strategist; plan and manage multimillion-dollar projects aligning business goals with technology solutions to drive process improvements, new products/services, drive competitive advantage and bottom-line gains.
- Honored with several recognitions, include GE “CEO Award” in recognition of outstanding project results.
- Managed multiple Infrastructure projects simultaneously. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Systems Engineering: Led design and multinational rollout of robust, scalable and secure electronic data interchange (EDI), enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customized web systems for clients including John Deere, Minute Maid, Campbell’s, Ocean Spray, Hormel, Chrysler, GM, Ford
- Custom Software Developments: Managed all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for dozens of custom solutions.
- Database Developments: Guided teams in the development of relational database management systems (RDBMS) which Improved the consistency, recoverability and accessibility of data.
- System Integrations/Migrations: Project-managed large-scale initiatives involving the transition of programs to new platforms and the merger of disparate systems from acquired client companies.
- Technology based Client Integration
- M&A Diligence & Integration
- Program/Project Mgmt Cert
- Analytical and Strategic Planning
- Financial/Risk Management
- Six Sigma Certified/Lean/ITIL
- C - level Communication
ERP- SAP (multiple versions); Oracle 11i, JD Edwards; EAI-TIBCO, GIS; .Net Proprietary Development, Confidential -Siebel, SalesForce; Dynamics Mobile; JD Edwards, Financial-Oracle 11i Web-Proprietary Portals, Intranet, Internet Web Development, Proprietary-Functional Development .Net; Imaging Solutions; IVR Solutions; LAN/WAN; Desktop, Fax/Imaging Technologies, OCR; Cognos, Qlikview, WebFocus, and MSFT Reporting Services; MicroStrategies; Microsoft BI/Sharepoint; SAP Netweaver Gateway (enable IOS and Android devices to connect to SAP software)
Program Manager/Scrum Master
- Program Manager for the divestiture of the GE Financial Services business to Element Corp.
- I am accountable to program sponsors for schedule, budget, and quality of all program elements; escalates decisions to program sponsors as necessary for the development and conversion effort primarily in Java applications.
- This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts.
- I am responsible that my team delivers constant work on different layers of the infrastructure and has a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality.
- The team maintains high experience with: Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code, JVM concept, SOA architecture, Spring Framework, Web protocols: HTTP, IP, SQL programming, Object Relational Mapping (ORM), object-oriented programming.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies (grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc.)
- Empowered teams to self-organize and grow cross-functionality
- Protect team from over-commitment, manage backlog, prioritize resolution of defects/bugs
- Met goal of addressing issues within 24 hours
- Manage the lifecycle of code development, from ideation to sprints to deployment
- Coordinate and manage code releases and shared APIs with other IT groups
- Communicate with other management, engineers, product managers and support specialists on product issues
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Managed critical enterprise integrations of clients, ordering contract& Confidential to the Element environment.
- Mitigated risk factors through careful analysis of financial and statistical data. Anticipated and managed change effectively in rapidly evolving global business environments
- Defined processes and tools best suited to each project. Moved between agile and waterfall approaches depending on project specifics and client goals, creating detailed project road maps, plans, schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Responsible for project coordination including planning and implementing content across all work flows while ensuring that security, risk and compliance requirements were met.
- Reported progress to all stakeholders through Sprint Burn-Down Reports, Iteration Burn-Down Reports, and velocity target updates.
- Organized and facilitated Agile and Scrum meetings, which included Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums or Standups, Sprint Check-In, Sprint Review & Retrospective.
- Coordinated with systems partners to finalize designs and formalize requirements Utilized Story. Sizing and Planning Poker techniques as needed based on the length of the backlog and priorities.
- Operated in 2-4 week sprints with flexibility on length based on immediate functionality concerns.
Confidential, Minnetonka, MN
- Responsible for management of technology systems, people and vendors for mergers and acquisitions.
- Responsible to Develop and maintain M&A PMO project artifacts such as, the Project Plan, Communication plan, report outs, financial reporting and risk mitigation
- Provided issue tracking and management for entire project team ensuring business readiness at all levels.
- Responsible for the management of vendors and SME’s, including the design and review of the SOW and RFP.
- Deliver continuous improvement processes and methods of integrating acquisitions reducing integration time by 45%
- Infrastructure: Managed 12+ enterprise integrations of acquired businesses; Program managed large-scale initiatives involving the transition of programs to new platforms and the merger of disparate systems from acquired client companies.
- Led projects to install and transition acquired businesses to the Optum environment: Network, LAN/WAN; file servers, Email, IM, Phone, Security Contact Centers, desktops, thin client, tablets, customer transition and all end user technology
- Managed projects to set up and maintained IT Infrastructure and Leading the Network, Data Migration and System & Security Team. Infrastructure & Network Security.. Selection, procurement, installation and commissioning of the IT infrastructure.
- Leading a matrixed team of team infrastructure leads, system build engineers and infrastructure technologists to successfully integrate acquired companies into a large-scale enterprise environment
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
IT Portfolio Manager/Project Manager
- Responsible to identifying new technology based opportunities to innovate
- Partnering with business executives to understand their key business issues/opportunities/drivers
- Responsible to design and maintain a 1 -3 year forecasting model on technology investments
- Responsible for alignment with other Office of CIO managers to identify cross spending/awareness opportunities
- Responsible to manager capital costs spend with external vendors/staff augmentation
- Responsible for reporting on Portfolio spend to CFO and executive team
- Supporting decision-making around work allocation to agile teams or to external vendors
- Contributing to annual budget planning and business case development
- Proposing appropriate solutions (technology, business processes and/or both) which leverage existing capabilities or propose partnering/buy alternatives.
- Creating and presenting business cases and ROI statements
- Pulling together teams from across the organization (and vendor partners) to deliver market / customer value
- Leading solution deployments efficiently and effectively
- Streamlining processes and creating efficiencies
- Establishing and fostering customer and vendor relationships
- Developing strategies to transition innovation solutions to appropriate operating units for ongoing operations
- Partnered with marketing, sales and business leaders, we developed new technology services designed to support customer needs, provide new streams of revenue and increase customer retention
- New Technology included products that support “Logistics Optimization” designed to streamline complex supply chain processes; Web Portals; Data Integration; Management of Dock’s at Whses; Management of Yards (assets); Solution for Small Parcel; Automated Solution for cross mode “Rating”
- New services produced a net income of 15mm and have helped grow several relationships with top 150 customers.
- Manage yearly new customer implementations costs which averaged around 5mm
- 10-12 Major multi-year implementations were project based typically 15 months with a cost of around 1mm
- Program for new services, including projects that had 1-1.5mm budgets with 10-15 full time resources
- Managed and coordinated strategic and tactical planning, requirements, and execution for top 150 customer integrations as well as provided account management for top 150 customers
- Leadership role expanded to include core operations (responsible to integration teams of 80% of gross sales of 8b
- Asia-Planned and led integration team of an acquisition of 8 new branches in China and Hong Kong. This included asset evaluation, restructure of the data center, choosing and selecting ERP (iPacs with Oracle Financials) and creation of new IT team. Managed the IT organization for 2 years, including budgeting, human capital, demand mgmt. and infrastructure strategy.
- North America-Successfully Planned and executed several acquisitions. These integrations included conducting iT Due Diligence, working with Executive Sponsor on scope and strategy, creating and executing project plans. The integrations added 750 million to the top line, integration of 40+ new branches, >25% new desktops, 15 whses, evaluation of 50+ acquired systems and management of several PM’s/BA’s/technical teams.
- Content Management-Sharepoint-responsible for partnering with business executive and leading the evaluation, selection and implementation of Sharepoint as a content management solution for corporate team and sales.
- Optimization Software - responsible for partnering with business executive and leading the evaluation, selection, implementation and ongoing management of a system whose function is create the best possible logistic planning, explore alternatives, understand trade-offs, and respond to changes in business environment.
- Small Parcel- responsible for partnering with business and leading for the evaluation, concept development and funding for an application to support a new service supporting less than 150 pound packages.
- Mobile/Wireless-responsible to evaluate, select and support several different mobile solutions for email, data, Confidential, content mgmt. and collaboration.
- Confidential -responsible for partnering with several business executives, sales and branch managers and leading the evaluation, concept development, funding integration and support of Confidential solution for the core business organizations.
- Business Intelligence- responsible for partnering with business executive and as a key member of selection team to review DW/BI solutions across all the business divisions to define the business and customer needs and evaluate against current capabilities.The end solution was to implement MicroStrategies for Operations and build a sales BI within Sharepoint.
- Logical & physical data model for Data Mart (in an ER modeling tool’s format)
- Data mapping document for ETL from two Data sources into the Data Mart
- Design document including system diagrams
- Project plan and scope statement for next phase
- Web Confidential -responsible to develop concept, funding, design, build, select outsource provider and go to market with 3 new Web based applications to support Dock, Yard and Appointment Management for supply chain and customers.
- IVR-led the IT project to evaluate, select procure and implement IVR solution to support a new call center. This included hardware, software, and integration into existing ERP.
- Cost Reduction/Growth Projects-Productivity Initiative-due to market conditions, I was responsible to lead the corporate initiative to unlock productivity/cost avoidance, improved processes and revenue retention. Using Quality Methodologies, my team was able to perform core analysis in the 6 core processes. 200 mm in opportunity was identified in cost reduction/productivity; projects/metrics were executed to improve customer retention.
- Responsible to managing development of team and resources across the organization dedicated to strategic development and growth projects
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
IT Portfolio Manager
- Programs were essentially executed using outsourced resources. I was responsible to conduct the bid process, set and manage the budgets and manage the execution and provide execute level reporting of the program/projects.
- Projects ranged from 200k to 10mm-outsourced teams members ranged from 5 to 50
- Spearheaded solution team in the review process of ERP and EDI tools, including Oracle 11 i, DRIVE; Web Applications, IBM Web Services, GXS, WebMethods and TIBCO that resulted in culminating the selection of TIBCO
- Efficiently contributed in designing a 24-month RO based on cash flow by leading team through the funding process, including pitch to CEO and CFO of Fleet, EM CIO, and GE CIO
- Made use of acquired knowledge and skills in leading solution team, responsible for redesigning internal process of how systems enhancements were coordinated with IT, resulting in a process that enabled IT dollars to be invested only on the highest prioritized business issues or opportunities
- Singlehandedly designed and managed IT implementation that automated tax opportunity, enabling a $9.7 million in net income for 2002 and 2003
- Executed exceptional interpersonal skills in working directly with the second largest customer, sales, operations, and IT, as well as in leading team that designed and managed the implementation and integration of IT solution that automated the order process and enabled an increase in order placement by 150% and $310 million in additional financial services
- Took part in the decision to bypass Siebel 2000 and upgrade to "Siebel 7"solution by expertly leading the solution team in identifying business, customer, and financial requirements and risks
- Implemented Microstrategies solution for business intelligence
- Led efforts in accurately identifying business, customer, and financial requirements and risks that resulted in the decision to fund and implement Oracle l li financials System
- Provided technology solution to move off Frame Relay network and move to a Virtual Private Network (VPN) environment by directing the solution team in identifying business, customer, and financial requirements and risks
- Successfully reduced dial up costs by 50% and enabled high-speed access for remote offices and users
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Six Sigma Leader
- Spearheaded multi-functional team in the development of new offerings for outsourcing IT Professionals as well as solution team that developed the marketing strategy, business plan, and sales support tools
- Developed “Genius Kits” that standardized technology delivery of our Project Management, Microsoft, Cisco, desktop and help desk services. The “kits” included templates for problem finding, templates for customer artifacts and work breakdown structure for the service.
- Led solution team that developed the marketing strategy, business plan, sales support tools Solution was trademarked as "GEnius Kit" by Confidential and is seen as sales differentiator "Genius Kit" that analyzes network performance is in the patent process
- Project Management Service-Led multi-functional team that identified best practices that enabled repeatable and reliable solutions for multiple Technology Project Management offerings
- Achieved $4.3 million in net income during first 18 months of rollout
- Led efforts in re-engineering process that enabled repeatable and reliable execution of external Solution Development as well as in developing the marketing strategy, business plan, and sales support tools
- Administered the training and rollout to 65 North American Sales Offices, with the first 18 months yielding $2.5 million in productivity savings
- Developed and launched E-Business revenue channel that created an online training site for IT Professionals
- Efficiently functioned as Black Belt/PM, responsible for leading team consisting of marketing, IT, sales, and training vendors in the successful launching of web site in June, 2000
- Made use of DMAIC methodology in identifying and implementing process re-engineering for pricing, negotiation, give-always, delivery, and vendor selection processes
- Took part in processing the re-design, change management, and implementation of the process into the NA IT Consulting/Services organization
- Contributed in increasing gross margin of external technical workforce from 8.9% to 17.5% as well as in identifying more than $12 million in non-billed revenue due to inconsistent OTR process
- Managed and coordinated project that identified losses of $2.6 million due to compaq parts not being returned in time for rebate from OEM
- Decreased burns by 98% in 3 months which realized benefit of $2 million by redesigning computer return process and by reducing process variation