Technical Project Manager, Agile Coach, Scrum Master and Product Owner with hands - on software development background. Extensive experience managing and implementing complex strategic enterprise-scale software programs through the full Agile and traditional Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Self-motivated and an innovative thinker, applying technologies to solve problems and enhance the customer experience and system performance. An effective technical leader with the ability to facilitate strong working relationships between technical teams and business customers, resulting in increased value for employers.
- Agile Coaching and Training, SPC4
- Technical Scrum Master / Project Manager PMP
- Cross - Functional Team Management
- Vendor and Relationship Management
- Business Process Re-Engineering
- Implementation Planning
- Product Development Strategy
- Risk Management
Project Management: Agile Coaching, trainig, release planning, ALM Tools (Jira, Rally, Rational), MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint
Business/Systems Analysis: User Stories, Impact Mapping, Story Mapping, Requirements Management, Use Case, Business Process Re-engineering
Architecture and Integration Technologies: J2EE, Java, SOA, XML, Web Services, Tibco, Appian, RMI, .NET, OOA/D, MVC, WebSphere Application Server, Tomcat, WebLogic Application Server, MQ Series, LDAP, SiteMinder, UltraSeek Server
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: MS Windows, Unix
Confidential, Reston, VA
Technical Agile Coach and Scrum Master
- Agile coach and Scrum Master for program of 100+ people. Building the team and transitioning work from incumbant; providing agile training and coaching to the teams; working with facilities to design agile space for teams; and working with the government agile coaches and product owners to coordinate and improve processes and customizing Jira for teams.
- Product Owner that successfully led a winning Agile BPA with 18F GSA. As the product owner I was accountable for all aspects of defining product vision and key success factors and then led the team in in creating a narrative using a story mapping technique, creating Minimal Viable Products (MVP) to realize specific objectives and goals for each sprint. Worked with a human factors expert to create responsive UI/UX prototypes and gathered feedback from representative user group to refine the UI and flow. The application was created using modern open-source technologies and extending our automated CI/CD DevOps pipeline using AWS cloud EC2 to deploy Docker container based on Dockerfile.
- I wrote the narrative write-up on our approach and tools used which is available online for further reference and details. https://github.com/vencoreinc/18FAGILEPROTOTYPE
- Member of Confidential Agile Community of Practice (CoP) steering panel focused on driving collaboration and cross pollination of agile practices; provide agile expertise for business pursuits and provide agile support to various programs; identify technologies and practices to support Confidential ’s agile services delivery model; define and deliver agile training; as a SAFe Program Consultant I provide both SAFe related training and other agile coaching and training pending on the teams needs.
- Created a best practices Agile process guide for federal division of software development teams to follow for enhancements and maintenance work. Additionally I provided two day agile training sessions for 9 of the teams along with follow-up coaching and mentoring.
- Scrum Master for DevOps IRAD (Independent Research and Development) - contributed both technically and as the ScrumMaster. Objective was to develop and demonstrate process improvement techniques and tools through automation and collaboration.
- Implemented Agile development methodologies and tools across multiple development teams to deliver rapid, iterative development solutions.
- Provided SAFe training for teams as well as developed and delivered tailored Agile training for new development and maintenance teams and provided follow-up coaching and mentoring support.
Technical Scrum Master / Project Manager
- Lead BPMN product evaluation and working directly with Appian and Tibco companies to evaluate their products and develop a Proof of Concept in anticipation for upcoming RFP. It is anticipated the client will be looking for a more flexible platform to redeploy existing applications on to reduce ongoing operations and maintenance costs.
- Managed Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for a government agency. Confidential (formerly Qinetiq North America) won a contract that included an application developed by another vendor which had design and scalability issues. When first joining the project, the team morale was low, budgets had been overspent and the customer was concerned their program needs were not going to be met. Turning this around in a fast passed changing environment was achieved by focusing on internal communications, system stability and delivering quality enhancements while moving the application to a scalable architecture (Spring, Hibernate and JSF with Oracle backend). In working regularly with the government agency and bringing agile concepts to an environment that had traditionally been very waterfall driven, the agency and team were able to realize the business value and drive toward a cohesive common goal for a quality product and customer service. The agency has since gained confidence in QinetiQ NA’s ability to deliver quality products and understand their business.
- Managed the technical migration aspects for ePermits application data center move at NITC to their HA environment. Extensive communication and coordination with network, security, system admins and eAuth (SiteMinder) groups were necessary to accomplish. In addition to managing I took the lead of building out the Linux proxy server and integrating with eAuth (SiteMinder) and network Cisco load balancer.
- The customer required additional functionality on the Java component of ePermits delivered in 2011. Due to Government spending cuts, the primary part of the development team cleared to work the project did not have the right skillsets to complete the work. With my Java development background I was able to take the enhancement through design and development and hand off to QA for testing. I provide the versatility to both manage projects and when needed dive into the details to assist in delivering a quality product and keeping the customer happy with our performance.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. Technical Project/Program Manager
- Managed Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and partnered with business customers to provide strategic direction for Sprint’s enterprise eCommerce Sales portal and applications. Implemented and supported over 20 applications and multiple parallel releases, ranging from $100K to $5M. Led matrix managed, cross-functional teams of 10 to 50+ engineers and analysts across organizations comprised of employees, contractors and consultants distributed both domestically and internationally.
- Reduced external vendor expenses $4.5M annually by leading a project to build an internal prepaid card activation system. This project significantly slashed fraud exposure and costs, while reducing customer cycle time by 50%.
- Managed $12M annual savings project that enabled Sprint to enforce dealers to adhere to the 30 day return policy for devices by giving dealers the ability to validate customer usage and device deactivation dates.
- Identified and led the implementation of business process improvements to manage corporate discounts in the billing system by re-designing an application to improve performance and error handling. This enabled the business to reduce the cycle time to update discounts in the billing system from 5 days to within 1 day. The faster cycle times and improved error handling lowered billing disputes stemming from discounts by 12% and reduced calls to Customer Care. Labor costs and time required to manage data was reduced by 50 hours a week.
- Took initiative to own and coordinate a cross-functional team to resolve a high customer impacting access and security issue that had been unresolved and redirected to multiple groups for weeks. Having technical knowledge of the system architecture and persistence to facilitate the issue to resolution, the problem was resolved within two days.
Sr Developer / Systems Analyst
- Led and developed SOA Web Services to enable external vendors partnered with Sprint to access registration, billing, device, and order entry data for subscribers of their products and services sold through Sprint. Provided training and integration support for account teams and vendors using the Web Services. Additionally designed and developed multiple eCommerce and wireless applications to simplify the business, reduce churn and increase sales.
- Responsible for system requirements, object oriented analysis and design, development, configuration management (CM) and overseeing functional and performance testing and test plans.
- Coordinated and led effort with SAs, DBAs and performance testing team to identify and fix a critical issue with Sprint’s web services ability to handle over few hundred thousand requests daily from external vendors and Customer Care. Worked extensively with the cross-functional teams to isolate and resolve the issue. The web services now successfully handle over a million requests a day.
- Developed eCommerce, registration and wireless application product differentiators to build customer loyalty and reduce churn. The applications increased repeat traffic to the Sprint site by 20% and increased online sales.
Technical Development LeadConfidential, Herndon, VA
Product Marketing Manager