QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND PROFILE:
- Highly experienced Senior Test Engineer/Manager with 23 years of in - depth software and hardware testing and development, project and team management. Consistently recognized and tasked by executive management to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Primary focus in telecommunications, VoIP applications and Aviation/Aerospace engineering. Extensive knowledge of black box, white box, and regression tests, development and implementation of agile test methodologies. Seventeen years’ experience working with Satellite, Telephony, VOIP, Broadband, TCP/IP, DNS and Cable networks.
- Results-driven and versatile test leader, with a record of success in hardware/software test platforms. Implementations requiring an in-depth knowledge and solid experience working with complex hardware/software cross-platform development, network architecture, installation, implementation, integration, and administration in local and remote test environments. Change Agent who builds testing solutions in dynamic, complex and challenging test environments.
- A builder of high performance teams and a natural Team Leader, who thrives in environments requiring a high level strategist and a big picture thinker. Strong Leader adept at combining strategic vision with tactical execution to establish new corporate milestones in fast-paced, high-pressure multicultural environments.
- Technically savvy, able to quickly assess and utilize the appropriate response to meet the needs of the business requirements at hand. A welcome addition to any management or test team. Ready, willing and able to function in any role necessary to ensure project success and on time integration and delivery. Possess strong verbal and technical writing skills with excellent communication and inter-personal skills, capable of working efficiently individually and in a team environment.
- Infrastructure Management
- Business Strategy
- Technology Integration
- Process Improvement
- Project Management PMP
- Contract Negotiations
- Vendor Relations
- Team Building
- Agile Testing
- Scrum Master
- Network and Systems Security
- Quality Control Methodologies
- Regression and Acceptance Testing
- Test Plans
- Test Scripting
- Test Reports
- Writing ATPs
- Writing MTPs
- Writing Test Cases
- Manual Testing
- Audio Testing
- Power Point
- Mac OSX
- Red Hat Linux
- Unix Editors VI and ED
- Digital Head ends
- Set top boxes
- Scientific Atlanta
- Raid Arrays
- Cable modems
- Network Security
- Do-160 Testing
- Shake and vibe
- HP Quality Center
- Quick Test Pro
- Win Runner
- Head Acoustics
- Audio Chamber
- Anechoic Chamber
- Cable Networks
- GIU and UI testing
- FTP Pro
- NI Lab view
- Asterix Server
- Acoustic Echo Canceling
- Report directly to CEO.
- Supported an early stage technology company in creating and administering an agile testing methodology for their advanced cloud based desktop solutions.
- Tasked to implement scalable and cost effective test methodologies and environment to fit infrastructure and order to cash service delivery requirements.
- Interact with management, technology and operations teams developing strategic testing plans and test cases.
Senior Test Engineer/Test Manager
- Wrote Test plans, Test cases, ATPs, MTPs, for System and Unit testing of SIP Handsets, IP PBX, Routers
- Setup test environments and performed System and Unit test for VOIP Products, IP PBX, SIP handsets, Routers, Gateways. Tested different call flow scenarios through different PBXs and tunks, WiFi routers, modems. Used protocol analyzers like Wireshark to captured and analyzed SIP and RTP traces.
- Functional Test Knowledge and Expertise areas.
Senior Test/Project Engineer
- Utilized my wide knowledge and experience working as a project consultant supporting multiple end customers in varied development and testing projects.
- Managed strategic and operational responsibilities of full test environments, infrastructure and hardware and software development teams at client.
QA Test Engineer
- Tested a Java/J2EE based Children’s Healthcare application utilizing WebLogic, ILOG JRules, and XML components.
- Created and maintained test data and defect tracking using Oracle, DBViz, Toad and Bugzilla.
QA Test Engineer
- Performing functional testing and analysis for the implementation of a mortgage loan origination system.
- Created test cases supporting business analysis for software development and created processes and test flows.
QA Test Engineer
- Performed functional and automated testing for the implementation of aviation data used for GPS and flight data. Tested UI and navigation data functions for JAD JAX.
- Supported the configuration and deployment of VoIP application servers through Level3 networks. Responsible for the installation and configuration of infrastructure 3Tone softswitch and VoIP software including Apache web servers, WebLogic servers, Cilantro (softswitch) and Ipunity, (VoIP) on Sun Netra machines in laboratory and production instances.
- VOIP testing review and SIP massaging to verify proper transmission (Call Flow: PSTN-to-IP, IP-to-PSTN, IP-to-IP, 3-way calling, and conference calling). Managed Dial plan and verified that calls were properly routed
- VOIP testing review and SIP massaging to verify proper transmission (Call Flow: PSTN-to-IP, IP-to-PSTN, IP-to-IP, 3-way calling, and conference calling). Managed Dial plan and verified that calls were properly routed.
Senior Test Engineer
- Tested releases of VOD application and digital navigator using automated and manual testing methods.
- Responsible for tracking defects and regression testing.
- Created and maintain test plans, test cases and scripts from initial specifications through testing requirements.
- Implemented a Program Management Office with four Project Managers, implemented best practice processes for IT change control thereby reducing change control failure rate to less than 1%.
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Developed and managed QA process from the ground up for young software development team building web portal products for the energy market. Created test plans from product specification documents, tested three software products and web portal entering defects into bug tracking tools (Aardvark and Bugzilla). Tests included front-end, middleware and database load testing. Worked to optimize speed of database queries.
- Administrator and point of contact for defect tracking tools. Conducted bug scrub meeting.
- Directed cross functional teams to analyze, design and present fully integrated testing solutions.
Senior Test Engineer
- Responsible for developing and executing test plans for manual and automated test for VOD, NVOD, and Digital Ad insertion solutions. Led test plan review meetings between QA and development to clarify testing requirements. Reported bugs and product enhancements using bug-tracking tools (DDTS and Census). Wrote test scripts with UNIX and XML. The test plans included Database backup and recovery using emulators to populate and corrupt the database; and ground up installed test plans from Solaris to overall VOD application. Wrote test plans for GUI and web based applications.
- Worked directly with developers to fix correct defects and performed regression testing.
- Worked with Digital UNIX, Sun UNIX, Window 95, 98, Win NT, Solaris 8, HTML, and tested UI with WinRunner.
- Tested and wrote test plans/test cases for Digital video insertion. Equipment consisted of DIGITAL Alpha servers, MDS-420 4 channel switches, RAID disks, modems, routers and UPS.
- Installed in headend and headquarters configurations for delivery of video over different network configurations. Tested custom and off-the-shelf digital encoders and encoding software modifying video from analog to digital format. Wrote installation procedures and schematics for custom installation fitting company’s requirements.
- Managed QA process and a small team of testers responsible for software and firmware testing point of sale peripheral devices.
- Created automated test scripts for downloading and testing firmware for character recognition products.
- Designed, implemented and maintained company-wide database supporting defect tracking.