- Manage the financial and operational accounting functions for the Americas, as well as the consolidation of all companies globally.
- Monthly closing process for 4 domestic entities.
- Consolidation of 9 legal entities with $175 million in annual sales from 92 countries.
- Payroll for 500 employees (USA, Canada and Australia).
- Accounts Payable processes 1,800 vendor invoices monthly in multiple currencies.
- Accounts Receivable processes 400 customer payments monthly.
- Process Improvement
- Replaced manual credit card processing with a PayPal payment process that saved 1% on fees and ensured compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
- Redesigned employee cost budgeting templates to be completely option - driven and to provide cost center managers with fully automated analytical and comparative data.
- Implemented Winshuttle solution to upload journal entries and sales planning data into SAP.
- Transitioned accounting for existing acquisition in-house, eliminating need for third-party accounting firm.
- Led the integration process for two additional acquisitions, including financial systems and reporting, as well as payroll and employee benefits.
Sr. Financial Process Analyst
- Confidentail & Specialty Process Analyst
- Established new position to lead and manage process improvement projects throughout the finance department. Built and delivered process improvement methodology course for entire finance team (70 employees).
- Completed formalized training (40+ hours) in process improvement project management.
- Accounting Manager
- Managed implementation of new employee expense report system as well as other projects for global compliance, process automation and the enhancement of key internal controls.
- Coordinated interim and year-end external audit for Financial Operations.
- Managed interim and year-end internal control documentation and testing for Financial Operations.
- Managed Cash Disbursements team of six that was responsible for Accounts Payable, Travel & Entertainment expense reimbursements and Payroll:
- Accounts Payable team processed 750 vendor payments monthly. T&E team processed 350 expense reports monthly. Payroll team processed payroll for 900 employees and shadow payroll for 20 expats.
- Managed cash disbursements month-end process including review and approval of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Developed monthly T&E expense reporting package distributed to senior management as a tool to help identify expense saving opportunities.
- Administrated web-based T&E expense reporting systems (Concur & IBM GERS).
- Key contributor to the team responsible for the audit of 1,700 vendor rebate agreements.
- Audit team identified $4 million in uncollected rebates.
- Proposed and implemented recommendations for automation and process improvement.
- Managed Accounts Payable staff of seven that processed $35 million in monthly domestic and international disbursements. Monthly disbursements included approximately 2,500 domestic and 125 international employee expense reimbursements.
- Developed an international accounts payable process to pay expenses of international business units in their local currencies.
- Managed foreign and domestic month-end close process and consolidation.
- Managed federal, state and local tax reporting for Canadian, UK and US operations.
- Automated AP processes that allowed for 51% volume increase with only 22% headcount increase.
- Redesigned imaging system to reduce time required for invoice approval by 20%.
- Implemented Confidentail Confidentail program that generated first year rebate of $65,000.
- Established business travel and corporate card programs by partnering with American Express and Orbitz. Project increased company buying power while standardizing policy across the organization.
Corporate Finance Manager
- Managed financial reporting staff of four responsible for all month-end processes.
- Reduced month-end close time from over one week to three days.
- Developed and implemented a profitability initiative for company-owned stations. Met with station managers and created interactive dashboard tools to help them understand the financial impact of their operations and to assist them in making better business decisions.
- Managed staff of nine responsible for:
- Financial and tax reporting.
- Payroll for 1,400 employees.
- Accounts Payable for 500 weekly vendor disbursements.
- Accounts Receivable for $5.5 million in monthly cash receipts.
- Billing for $1.4 million in weekly invoices.
- Automated billing processes to eliminate 15 hours of data entry per week.
- Planned and designed process for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program implementation.
- Completed purchase and restructure accounting for the acquisition and eventual dissolution of the MLI business.
- SAP / SAP BPC
- Accounting: Great Plains, Lawson, Sage MAS200, Solomon
- MS Office: Advanced Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio & Word
- Other - ADP, Concur, IBM GERS, American Express
- Cognos Reporting - Query Studio