- Vastly focused and mission driven professional with 11 years’ experience in Federal Government, For - Profit, and Non-Profit industries. Enjoys the nature of integral roles involving administrative services, business management, and governance and understand the vital importance to an organizations success in delivering on its mission.
- Certified Associate of Project Management.
- Demonstrates capacity to provide comprehensive support for executive level staff; excels at coordinating conferences, meetings, and travel with sense of urgency.
- Adept at developing and supporting complex administrative processes that reduce redundancy, improve efficiency, and achieve organizational objectives; able to identify goals and priorities in efforts to resolve issues in the initial stages.
- Proven track record of accurately completing research, reporting, information management, and marketing-support and manage all essential tasks.
- Proficient in SharePoint, PeopleSoft, Bi360, CTI, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio; Windows and MAC; type 50 WPM.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers. Perform routine tasks such as screening telephone calls, submitting and responding to email inquiries.
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external calls and meetings. Assist with logistical arrangements for meetings and conferences. Draft and finalize meeting materials as needed.
- Maintain log of all sponsorship requests. Prepare determination letters. Process paperwork, invoices and payments for all approved sponsorships.
- Track and process all check requests and invoices for approval and payment. Reconcile and process monthly Amex statements.
- Place, track and receive catering orders for organizational events.
- Maintain meeting supplies including exhibit achieve; badge holders and paper; prepare table tents, name badges and meeting materials; and ship and track meeting materials and exhibit properties.
- Handle all administrative requests.
- Produce and circulate tracking documents on outreach activities and events.
- Conduct research and collate information for background documents and profiles on individuals and organizations. Draft briefing documents and presentations. Keep information current for key contacts.
- Work to build and maintain positive, professional relationships with colleagues across the Communications team and the organization. Exercise diplomacy, confidentiality and good judgment.
- Perform other duties based on the needs of the Expertise Center and organization.
- Organized and managed key operational and administrative projects working on a Fiscal Year calendar related to processes, procedures, budget tracking, processing accounts payable and receivables, contract maintenance, data collection, and business continuity.
- Provided full range of high-quality operational, administrative, conference and meeting planning services for the ABSI Team and its governance bodies- ABSI & AIC Board of Directors.
- Identified key stakeholders, formulate goals, manage relationships, and resolve concerns on highly significant matters.
- Monitored, analyze, and provide insights for best practices on activities for monthly status reports to senior management.
- Identified and facilitate technology changes to support project needs.
- Developed, implemented, and documented procedures. Adhered to corporate communication standards and procedures. Obtained and provided required approvals.
- Maintained files and documents on ABSI’s shared drive.
- Provided support for ABSI’s marketing activities.
- Served as ABSI’s concierge, providing outstanding customer service for internal and external customers including Endorsed Business Solution providers, Association Career HQ customers, and others.
Assistant to Head of Communications/Communications CoordinatorResponsibilities:
- Maintained weekly team meeting calendar which included, the schedule and planning of strategic content, taking minutes notes, and many A/V needs. Coordinate scheduling for the Head of Communications, particularly weekly senior leader teams, 1:1’s with department leaders, check-ins with human resources and many urgent meeting requests from the VP’s of HHMI.
- Arranged travel to conferences and professional engagements for the Communications department.
- Lead the FY15 closeout working daily with the Budget Director for the month of August.
- Produced weekly expense reports for the Head and Senior Leads ensuring I obtained all required documentation before submitting in P2P to process and approve.
- Checked status of payments in PeopleSoft Financials.
- Worked with the Senior Procurement officer to correct any delays or issues were found.
- Collaborated with North Highland consultants on various projects in the developing and implementation stages in lieu of the Communications Department change management initiative.
- Collaborated with the Creative Director in developing the SharePoint site; designing, uploading useful documents, planning and creating new content in efforts to drive traffic to this new tool.
- Served as the point person in Communications to receive, interpret, and share the organizational direction for procurement and payment services, expense reporting, time management, and empowering staff to self-serve their own needs as possible.
Assistant to Confidential DirectorResponsibilities:
- Managed day-to-day office operations, including but not limited to answering the phone, taking messages, faxing, copying, scanning, filing, responding to requests, distributing mail. Ensures phone tree is correct and makes updates to reflect arrival or departure of staff within 1 day of staff changes.
- Maintained calendars for the Confidential Director and team leads in the office.
- Coordinated meetings and events for the office; query for attendees’ schedules, reserve conference space as needed, make sure room, Web Ex, and/or conference line is set up correctly and all materials are available in an orderly manner for meetings.
- Documenting major meeting findings or actions within 2 hours of the meeting or upon another schedule as determined by the COTR.
- Maintained inventory of office supplies. Ordered necessary supplies and equipment. Coordinated all machine maintenance, ensuring all commonly used machines (e.g., printers, scanners, and fax) were in working order and upon first report every morning.
- Coordinated and prepared travel packages of DPCPSI. Ensured the traveler correctly completed all necessary forms required for approval using the GovTrip Travel system.
- Served as office timekeeper in the Integrated Time and Attendance System (ITAS).
- Coordinated property activities for the office and other parts of the Division and is familiar with the Sunflower property system and property rules.
- Placed procurement orders with the proper justification and documentation through the NIH Purchasing Online Tracking System (POTS) system.
- Coordinated with the Office of Research Facilities and/or Office of Research Services any building maintenance, repairs, or renovations.
- Coordinated with mobile device vendors to procure blackberries, iPhones, or other devices for senior staff and resolved connectivity or billing concerns.
- Ensured office policies and procedures are updated and posted on the intranet.
- Maintained the office shared drive and any common office calendar.
- Created spreadsheets, word documents, slides, and other documents for the office.
- Lockheed Martin Proprietary Information
- Administered the Division’s SharePoint environment and associated dashboard. This includes making updates to content, managing the work tracking list, uploading documents, and answering office questions about the site.
- Ensured only approved content is available on any Confidential web sites.
- Answered questions regarding web content and suggested revisions as needed.
Executive Assistant to CEO/ Human Resources ManagerResponsibilities:
- Prepared, proofread, edit and review written reports, correspondence and documents.
- Maintained President’s calendar in a consistently accurate and vigilant attention to detail.
- Coordinated all travel requests, event planning/fundraising events, and purchasing activities.
- Traveled with President to attend National Conferences 4-6 times a year
- Created spreadsheets and presentations with minimal instruction.
- Created online ads for recruiting talent.
- Managed workflow in a busy, multi-functional office environment.
- Applied a wide range of methods for the assessment and improvement of management programs.
- Identified issues to be addressed and proposed solutions to CEO.
- Ensured team compliance with all hiring protocols
- Served as liaison between RPO, the client, and candidates.
- Served as a positive business partner sharing market intelligence and consultative recruitment support with the client and their team and the HR Generalist population.
Independent Research ProjectResponsibilities:
- Used primary research methods to study Amsterdam from the student’s perspective
- Combined research into a comprehensive report
- Used communication and organization skills to navigate through new cities
- Managed finances in various currencies
- Adapted to unfamiliar environment and embraced cultural differences
- Built interpersonal relationships with students from all over the world
- Maintained Executive Officer’s calendar in a consistently accurate and vigilant attention to detail.
- Coordinated travel requests for the Office of the Director.
- Served as Reader and personal assistant to Executive Officer.
- Lead institute and division wide event planning activities.
- Coordinated purchasing activities within the Office of the Director.
- Maintained 0% customer complaints about receiving services and supplies.
- Prepared and maintained minute notes for weekly staff meeting (Officers only)
- Planned and conducted a variety of authoritative, comprehensive, complex, sensitive projects and studies to assess and improve effectiveness.
- Identified issues to be addressed and proposed solutions for various management programs.
- Implemented an E-filing system institute wide in efforts to reduce paper usage.
- Created and maintained custom Confidential Executive leave tracking report.
- Handled sensitive and confidential special assignments.
- Processed and tracked ethics actions using Ethics Management Information System (EMIS).
- Prepared, processed and monitored Interagency/Intra-Agency Agreements for the Institute.
- Compiled meaningful information from the Purchasing Order Tracking System (POTS) to create reports that allow daily tracking of POTS usage, such as updating by purchasing agents, use of message function in POTS, turnaround time for order processing.
- Compiled data from SharePoint to create property reports that allows Confidential to accurately track property metrics such as quantity and value of decaled property, determined length of time property is in un-decaled.