- Driven professional with solid experience managing complex, cross - functional initiatives in North & Central America, Europe & Asia. Hands-on leader in Enterprise Program / Project Management, Integrated Process & Technology Solutions, Strategic Finance and Change Management. Managed staffs (2-17) to global teams (200+).
- Integrated Process Design & Technology Solutions
- Change Management (OCM) - Communications, Stakeholder Engagement & User Adoption
- Workforce Development & Training
- Readiness Assessments, Action Plans & UAT
- Master Data Management & Alignment
- Business Intelligence & Performance Management
- Project Management - SDLC (Waterfall & Agile)
- Enterprise Program (PMO) & Portfolio Management
- Risk Assessments, Feasibility Studies, Business Cases
- Budget Management & Project Resourcing
- Vendor Management, RFPs & Negotiations
- Dev / Ops Release & Service Management (ITIL)
- Compliance & Controls (GAAP, IFRS, SOX, COSO, IFRS)
ERP / CRM: SAP S4 HANA, ECC 6.0 & R/3 4.7 - FICO, PS, FA, SPL, PLM, SD, CS, QM, MM, PP, PM, HCM, SRM, SCM, Ariba; Oracle R12 & 10g Financials GL, AR, AP, FA, INV, OM, PO; Microsoft GP; Vertex, Avalara; SalesForce; ACT; Siebel; BSCS; CSG; ICOMS; and Integrations with Agile & SolidWorks.
BI / Planning / Consolidations: SAP BW/BI, ECCS; OutlookSoft; Brio; Discoverer; Hyperion 4.0 - HFM, HP, HPS, HSF, Essbase & MDM; Cognos 10 Reporting, Analysis & Query Studios, Cognos TM1, Blackline
General: MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word, Visio, SharePoint, DocuShare, Remedy, Quality Center
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Drove 17 implementations & improvement projects including ERP, CRM, SRM, SCM, PLM, HR, BI/BW, Planning & Consolidations systems - SAP (9 yrs); Oracle (4 yrs); Hyperion (3 yrs); Cognos (2 yrs) SalesForce.com (2 yrs).
- Led technical & functional teams through requirements, design, build, QA, integration & performance testing, UAT, train-the-trainer & end-user training, data migration & alignment, cutover, hyper-care & ongoing support.
- Worked closely with business SMEs and technical architects to deliver integrated solutions covering the Opportunity-to-Cash; Procure-to-Pay; Design-to-Manufacture; Hire-to-Retire and Record-to-Report cycles.
- Engaged stakeholders in business readiness; training plans, content & delivery; and communications / adoption.
IT Portfolio Manager
- Setup EPMOs & IT governance structures for the Dev / Ops cycle including steering committees, stakeholder & BPO groups, project / super-user teams, change control boards, and IT help-desk / support functions.
- Created framework of PMO and PM standards including: request / release management tools & processes; templates for project charters, scope change management, SDLC plans, risk assessments, budgets, resource availability & utilization tracking, requirements documentation, technical release documentation, integrated test scripts & tracking tools, stakeholder RACIs, sign-off controls, scorecards & communication plans.
- Managed multiple software selection and IT development road mapping initiatives.
- Compared functionalities to requirements, technical compatibility, scalability, total cost of ownership (TCO), licensing terms, vendor support model, and internal IT skills sets / training needs.
- Created system portfolios, target architecture, and long-range development road maps with supporting business cases, ROI, TCO and risk assessments.
- Drafted RFPs, analyzed responses and negotiated contracts with development, hosting and support partners.
Restructuring & Start-Up Project Manager
- Drove turn-around initiatives for two struggling high-tech manufacturers:
- Outsourced manufacturing, service & logistics. Closed costly plants. Retired unprofitable products lines.
- Implemented ECN, sales forecast & production planning tools to better meet delivery times, control production costs and inventory levels. Re-aligned duties and re-trained staff on streamlined processes.
- Setup a global Shared Service Center in China (annual savings $400K). Realigned workforce and systems to automate the integration of engineering, manufacturing, sales, logistics and service functions world-wide.
- Managed global restructuring project to reduce effective tax rate by 20% with ROI of $95M over 5 yrs.
- Managed RFP for selection of tax and legal partners. Evaluated restructuring options and global risks.
- Worked with Deloitte & Booze Allen to create new China Trust entity & dissolve 2 entities.
- Facilitated IP valuation and global transfer price study. Setup intercompany trade agreements.
- Setup Finance and Accounting functions for multiple start-up and post M&A companies. Established department governance structures, policies and procedures, staffed and trained teams.
Director of Global IT Strategy & Development, Longmont, CO
- Responsible for global ERP strategy, development & user support in U.S., Europe & Asia.
- Set 5-year IT deployment roadmap & business case aligning to company strategy ($40M, 700 users, 8 sites).
- Managed IT development & support teams consisting of steering committee, super-users, business analysts, developers & system administrators. Adapted help-desk function to support global users.
- Managed vendor RFPs, negotiations and contracts for global ERP development and support.
- Oversaw system architecture - insured alignment across integrated technical platforms, adherence to business policies, and optimization of global processes.
- Created change control processes to manage new development releases following SDLC / ITIL principles.
- PMO oversight of 7 global system projects (SAP 4.7 rollout in Taiwan & U.S., HR & Security upgrades; DMS, SolidWorks, Consolidation & Reporting implementations)+ continuous Dev/Ops improvements.
- Project managed SAP 4.7 rollout of SD, CS, MM, QM, PS, FICO, SPL for Taiwan manufacturer - scope, team setting, requirements, design, development, QA/UAT testing, training, data migration, go-live & support.
- Responsible for SOX-compliant IT processes: backup, recovery, retention, security, licenses & system changes.
- Post-acquisition: integration of HR, Accounting & Sales systems. Transitioned IT support to off-shore partner.
Senior PMO / Project Manager
- Reviewed and prioritized projects to IT dept budget (technology integration, sourcing, business case / ROI).
- Managed IT projects: budget; vendor RFPs / contracts; team resources ( 5 - 30 members); scope, requirements; design; integration; development, testing, training, data migration, conversion / go-live and support.
- Automated procure-to-pay process with main equipment vendors
- Upgraded FICO, PS, PM, MM, FA modules
- Implemented technical monitoring controls over the integrated telecom network, rating, billing and customer service functions including interconnection with outside carriers.
- Led user teams in SAP FICO, MM, PM & FA implementation for cell-site construction & maintenance, capex planning, procurement, supply chain, asset tracking, field services.
- Developed rolling cash forecast process utilizing SAP treasury module.
- Drove Hyperion Essbase implementation for planning and reporting functions.
- Responsible for SEC 6-K and 20-F filings converting financial statements from IFRS (IAS) to US GAAP.
- Coordinated USD 450M high-yield bond offering and due diligence review with Merrill Lynch.
Senior Internal Audit & Process Improvement Manager, Englewood, CO
- Led internal audit & process improvement engagements for cable, wireless & fixed-line telecom providers in the US & Europe. Followed a risk-based, COSO framework for analysis & testing of internal controls.
- Network capex spending and asset / inventory management controls for $1B + budgets.
- Revenue assurance reviews of customer-to-cash processes through network, billing & ERP systems.
- HR & Financial compliance: accounting, reporting, payroll, benefits, stock options, EOE, etc.
- System change controls, security, disaster recovery & business continuity assessments