Project Management Professional with more than 20 years’ previous project management experience at driving and tracking multiple projects of all sizes to success using different methodologies. Demonstrated an adept ability at gathering and understanding business requirements and stakeholder interests and turning them into a clear project goals. Resourceful at addressing roadblocks to enable teams to strive for higher production. Able to build consensus and influence Product Owners and team members as well as establish key relationships with stakeholders. Comfortable and effective at interacting daily at all levels of the organization using solid, effective communication skills.
- Project Management
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving Capabilities
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Scrum Master / Product Owner
- Vendor and Supplier partnerships
- Strategic Business Planning
- Complex Technical Troubleshooting
- Continuous Improvements
- Resource Maximization
- Superior Communication Skills
- Strong Financial Acumen
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Program Manager
- Facilitate daily stand - up and product demo meetings. Remove obstacles blocking teams developing iOS and Android apps to enable teams to achieve their goals.
- Perform milestone readiness review (pre-release) sessions with stakeholders and be proactive at entering new issues into JIRA and following-up on issues on the burn down list.
- Responsible for meeting the challenges of fast paced distributed development teams. Being able to communicate with team members on three different continents and engage in defining the proper roles and expectations while meeting the practices and standards of EchoStar.
- In response to the demanding technical environment continuously demonstrate and ability to quickly grasp new ideas and/or concepts and be able to translate them into project goals.
- Led software projects (organizing, planning, and executing) from conception through close using traditional waterfall methodology to develop new STB features in existing products such as IP HD streaming capabilities from DISH Satellite Receivers. Maintain project records and track testing assets used in development.
- Design/development of and implement comprehensive beta and user test plans to test existing and new functionality of systems. Ensure changes and enhancements match to detailed business requirements. Provide all supporting documentation for user acceptance signoff and release within the software distribution systems.
- As Product Launch Manager was involved with and responsible for the coordination of Confidential product launches which included HW/SW, Marketing, Manufacturing, Sales, and product IT.
- Provided regular progress updates, and collaborated with senior management to develop and maintain product roadmaps.
- Oversee and direct project leaders in the day-to-day implementation of active projects to ensure project deadlines were met, obstacles were overcome and mitigate project risk by proactively monitoring issues. Help resolve issues and manage conflicts quickly and effectively by knowing when escalations are necessary and appropriate.
- Plan and execute projects for Confidential product demos at trade shows like Confidential . Make sure all dependencies for product readiness and show materials are shipped complete and on-time both to and from the show.
- Responsible for preparing, editing for final approval, and delivering presentations to team members, senior management, and customers.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
IT Manager - Project Manager
- Using waterfall methodology, led IT projects for the development of EDI ANSI X12 (data exchange) Order entry (B2B), Invoicing (billing), and back office systems for Confidential . As a result, order accuracy and entry time were greatly reduced for Confidential ’s largest business unit.
- Software engineering liaison to the first internal Confidential ERP conversion effort to SAP-SD. Track and review overall project status with IT professionals in the southern region.
- Facilitate conference room pilot demonstrations for stakeholders to provide hands-on review of new SAP-SD functionality and progress towards customizations.
- Using excellent written and verbal communication skills, consolidate information on schedule, scope, training, and resource requirements and provide frequent progress information for approved projects to senior management.
- Manage application development teams working to facilitate code changes necessary for the achievement of stakeholder requirements. Produce consistent and predictable results to enable successful software releases.
- Work with data center operations staff to identify system requirements necessary for new applications or system enhancements.
- Managed a team of software engineers in the development and maintenance of back office ERP systems in support of Confidential ’s world-wide business. Provide assistance to the Director in the development and training of new team members.
- In a relationship management role with vendors, exercise my decision-making authority to negotiate new agreements for better control of project financials.