- Strong Safety Orientation, lead by example
- New product development of Operations Optimization software for the energy industry
- Software start up experience providing customer facing perspective as an SME
- Development of Go to Market Strategies for software products
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team building skills
- P&L Responsibility
- Project Management
- Power Plant Management, Operations, Design, Construction, Commissioning and Startup
- Asset Management
- Contract Negotiation and Administration (Power Purchase Agreements, fuel & vendor)
- Strategic Planning and Initiatives
- Guest speaker at various energy industry events such as CTOTF, Turbine Users Group Conventions
- Budget Development and Forecasting (annual and longer term)
- Develop Major Maintenance & Confidential plan and budgets
- Long term outage planning for rotating equipment and Balance of Plant activity
- Develop strong teams by making expectations clear and treating others fairly and with mutual respect
- Supply Chain Services, Inventory Control, Purchasing
- Member of Confidential 7FA and LMS100 Users Group, Siemens 501F Users Group, maintain relationships with industry professionals for every major OEM
- Mergers & Acquisitions / Due Diligence (Technical expertise conducting Operational Readiness Assessments to measure plant performance and practices against industry standards such as EPRI)
- Subject Matter Expert on power plant operations
- Understands and implements effective maintenance planning and execution
- Troubleshooting and Plant Optimization utilizing plant control systems and other data acquisition systems (OSIsoft PI and ADRE on - demand data acquisition platform)
- Various Computerized Maintenance Management (CMMS) Software packages
Senior Product Manager / Product Owner
- Both of these products are used to impact operating costs and improve efficiency at the plant level such as reducing fuel usage, and improving generation output. I manage development teams in India, Dubai, and North America. In this role, I attend customer workouts to help them navigate their digital journey.
- Recently, in one such workout, I was instrumental in closing Confidential $30MM deal with Confidential customer in Indonesia.
- I also conduct site assessments as required, and demo these products for potential customers, as well as attend User Conferences to demonstrate the capability of these products.
- I was asked to represent Confidential as Confidential speaker and panelist at the annual Combustion Turbine Operations Technical Forum meeting in April of this year.
- The purpose of this panel is to discuss the digital journey, including challenges, that all players in the industry have either already begun or are about to begin.
- Another role that I have is working closely with Marketing to develop strategy for the Product Line.
- As I am still the Subject Matter Expert and Domain Expert for the product, I get pulled into many different discussions within our business to help them understand the value we are bringing to the customer with the product.
Operations Excellence Leader
- Served as Confidential Subject Matter Expert working with Confidential ’s software development team in San Ramon, CA to develop Confidential software program called Operations Excellence. The product is currently targeted at the energy sector, but will eventually move into the oil and gas space, as well as healthcare and manufacturing.
- As Confidential domain expert in the energy sector, I am responsible for the design, fit, form and function of the product. I also work closely with the Product Owner to establish ‘go to market’ strategies.
- Confidential is Confidential digital industrial company, and they have invested over $1BB in the COE software center in San Ramon. We are very involved in both the Internet of Things and the Industrial Internet concepts. In my role, I have had to educate the development team, as well as engineering, so they understand why we are requiring the product to perform specific actions.
- If we cannot take the customer on Confidential walk with our product, then it is much less valuable. It has been Confidential challenge to get engineering to change course within the behemoth that is Confidential . However, that has been Confidential specialty of mine throughout my career, and I enjoy that challenge. Also, with Confidential company like Confidential, implementing the Agile Process, or Fastworks as we like to call it, has been an interesting journey.
- I have found that when faced with Confidential new challenge, communication and patience are true virtues.
- Sometimes we follow the concept to the letter, and other times we get pulled into the quagmire that big companies struggle with. I am Confidential certified scrum master and Confidential certified product owner for the scrum process.
- My experience and leadership helps keep the team’s focused on providing an MVP for the customer.
- The intent of Operations Excellence is to provide Confidential high-level overview of Confidential company’s assets, from Fleet / Plant / Block / Unit level utilizing different personas to accomplish this. The tool is designed to be directional, which means the data shows the customer Confidential result using Visibility, Insights and Actions. It is Confidential “you are here” data set but we show them what they need to do to get to the “I need to be there” from Confidential financial perspective. I also attend customer meetings to illustrate to the customer what our product can do for them. I act as Confidential liaison between our Adoption team and the Deployment team to bridge any gaps so we can provide the finest product to the customer. This includes setting up contextual and conventional training programs for our customers, and our sales staff.
- Develop wireframes with UI / UX teams
- Develop user stories for development teams
- Create Help Text lightboxes for each section of the tool
- Provide industry experience from the customer’s perspective
- Test new software prior to release to ensure it performs how it was intended to
- Develop analytics with engineering to drive the tool
- Interface with all levels of management to pitch new ideas and functionality
- Work with the sales team to build their knowledge so they are comfortable promoting the product
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Managed 200 mw Simple Cycle Power Plant in South Texas, utilizing 2 Confidential LMS100 gas turbines. Managed Power Purchase Agreement with Morgan Stanley on one unit.
- The second unit is classified as Confidential Fast Start unit for Confidential, and is dispatched accordingly.
- Implement appropriate policies, procedures and processes which were absent when I arrived
- Instilled Confidential positive operational culture and have been recognized by my immediate manager as well as Confidential and upper management for these achievements in such Confidential short period of time
- Performed Operational Readiness Assessments for Confidential
- Reviewed Confidential procedures for compliance
- Reviewed CMMS system for adequate spare parts inventory as well as required PMs
- Reviewed operations procedures and processes
- Reviewed management policies & procedures
- Reviewed safety program for compliance
- Client requested that I stay on to manage the O& Confidential activities and train the staff to properly operate the facility
- Performed Operational Readiness Assessments and safety audits for several plants in South America.
- Reviewed design elements of facilities to determine proper operational capability
- Conducted safety audit of procedures and policies
- Reviewed safety program for compliance
- Conducted walk-downs of facilities to identify areas that needed improvement
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Plant Manager / General Manager, Mankato Energy Center
- Selected to the inaugural Plant Manager Peer Group by my peers. The objective was to review any policy changes or support group initiatives
- Selected to participate in VP Development Program (career progression)
- Managed the EPC (Engineer, Procure, Construct) contract for Confidential . Due to Confidential filing bankruptcy in the middle of the project, we lost key personnel. With my background and experience with Project Management I was asked to assume the role, in addition to my responsibility as Plant Manager. The project was ~$350MM
- Performed Due Diligence during the period when the plant was put up for sale. Worked with the Development team to provide valuation of the PPA and facility. Also, prepared pro forma’s to expand the existing facility
- Negotiated contracts with vendors (natural gas, chemicals etc...)
- Performed Due Diligence as Technical lead for the acquisition if the Connectiv assets in the north east
- Develop short and long term budgets including Major Maintenance and Confidential
- Schedule and manage expectations during outages
- Negotiate terms with OEM for parts and service
- Worked with the Development team to provide valuation of the PPA and facility during potential sale discussions
- Instrumental in identifying Acquisition opportunities in Central Arkansas for the Confidential & Confidential group
- Set Confidential fleet consecutive day run record at 144 in 2005 and the Confidential fleet record was 198 days.
- Successfully improved operating performance KPI’s (Availability - from 74% to over 97%, EFORd reduced from 5.4 to .5, Starting Reliability from 86% to 98%)
- Negotiate terms with OEM for parts and service
- PPA revenue increased by $4.3MM annual
- Represented Confidential ’s interest during public hearings and City meetings.
- Worked with Confidential and Legal to address concerns regarding the facility with the community
- Oversaw the Confidential contractor and served as Project Manager ($275MM project)
Operations & Maintenance Manager
- Constructed, Commissioned and Managed Confidential 535mw Combined Cycle Merchant Plant in Central Texas, using Siemens 501FC as the prime movers.
- Worked closely with Confidential Construction to manage Confidential contract
- First Confidential project on time and under budget by $15MM.
- Promoted to Plant Manager due to successful start up.