Accounting and Finance
- Directed Corporate Start Up
- Supervised Support Staff
- Oil and Gas
- Payroll and Payroll Taxes
- Sales and Use Taxes
- General Ledger Reconciliation
- Personal Income Tax
- MS Word 2013
- MS Excel 2013
- MS Project 2010
- Niku Time/Workbench
- Manage Implementation Schedule for new clients
- Oversee development for addressing critical product issues
- Build process improvements to assist smoother and predictable implementations
- Used JIRA for issue tracking
- Track and report on financial status of projects on a monthly basis
- Conduct Steering Committee meetings with management representatives as required by the project
- Hold team meetings with technical and business representatives to ensure the project is on schedule and to manage any issues as required by the project
- Work with team members as needed to ensure the team is operating efficiently
- Modules included Settlements; ACATS; Balance Order Processing; Fail Cleanup among a total of 25 modules of functionality
- Managed approximately 12 mid - sized projects at any one time
- Trained colleagues on use of MS Project and processes
- Manage 15 to 20 small to medium size projects concurrently to enhance or add new functionality to the MMIS claims system.
- Overall responsibility for planning, scope, scheduling and resource allocation for each of the projects.
- Designed and implemented a new project estimating tool to provide more accuracy in the estimating process.
- Designed and implemented standardized project templates for a Project Confidential and a Project Management Plan to formalize new SDLC process for the organization.
- Define business requirements for a Medical Transportation company, combining Call Center Management; Contract Management; Vendor Management, Web Portal and AP/AR functionality.
- Currently 80% of development resources are offshore and the balance of development is completed onshore.
- Development utilized Agile methodology where I participated in the Scrum standups and grooming of the backlog.
- Managed a variety of projects focused on design and development of Internet Portals intended for use by clients to manage their business activities on-line.
- Managed multi-functional team of both on-shore and offshore resources, teams were formed representing multiple consulting companies.
- Developed and managed the process to redirect over 300 individual web sites to the new combined portal
- Clients ranged from small for profit and not for profit organizations to small projects for national organizations.
- Services provided included project management, business analysis, accounting and software training.
- Managed multiple projects developing GUI interfaces to current database systems
- Managed enhancement projects to major core functionality for International Markets. Combining the use of onshore and offshore resources.
- Developed and implemented a detail project plan for a new Web Services.
- Developed detail project plan and managed resource allocation and budget requirements for $19,000,000 project
- Developed budget reporting formats providing management at-a-glance reports providing current status as well as projected status of the project in both dollars and in resource hours.
- Contract Reviews planning budgets installation training conversion mitigation of impediments new business requirements.
- Recognized by Paradigm Software Business Unit for bringing Bloomberg Financial News in on time and under budget, which was a first for the Business Unit. Based on the success of using Project Management techniques Encoda developed a Project Management Team consisting of 6 experienced project managers and began training internal staff in project management techniques.
- Established the project standards for installation and training of the Paradigm software package.
- Created guidelines for assessing the complexity of the install and resource requirements including personnel and budgeting.
- Fox Sports Network had a business requirement which required implementation and training of Paradigm product in 2/3 the normal period. By coordinating a team of Encoda and Fox personnel we were able to develop a very aggressive plan which met their business requirements and meet the deadline.
- Yankee Entertainment Sports was a start up cable station designed to air New York Yankees baseball games as well as other live and pre-taped sporting events. As a start up
- station they did not have a complete staff of personnel. I was influential in not only providing implementation planning but in developing processes which would facilitate their day to day operations.
- Successfully managed the rewrite of Paradigm v5.0 Software product to Beta Release in February, 2003. Including coordinating the efforts of the Design Team, Programmers, Documentation and Training of Beta Staff and coordinating Beta Sites on three continents that would meet the requirements of the Scope of the Beta Testing period. It is considered the most successful Beta roll out in the company’s history to date.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Managed all aspects of client implementation and business requirements for both small clients and multi-million dollar technically sophisticated clients. Teamed with clients such as Toshiba of America and Compaq Computers to design and implement software solutions.
- Contract Reviews planning budgets installation training conversion mitigation of impediments new business requirements Analyze organizational and business impact of software Use Cases Gap Analysis
- The Governmental/Education/Major Accounts ( Confidential ) division of Toshiba of America required a complex custom contract module to be interfaced to the enhanced Eagle software they licensed. This was a nine month process to design, develop, test and implement this custom module.
- Compaq Computers contracted for the enhanced Eagle software, this was a 4 month implementation, including some small custom enhancements they requested. In addition I was sent to Dublin to document and design European business models to be developed for Eagle.
- Developed the system for technical support at Confidential . Most clients had unique customized software and each technical environment was different. Developed support books diagramming each client’s environment and the customizations that were in use at their locations.
- Managed the business affairs of Confidential as well as the start up of a new company called Selected Van Sales.
- Day to day responsibility for general ledger, account reconciliation, payroll, payroll taxes, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Securing short and long term financing.
- Managed budgets and variances for a wide variety of small and large projects.
- Managed the start up of a new company for the software entrepreneurs; Selected Van Sales, a specialty auto broker. Managed the licensing and start up capital of the organization. Including sales and support staff of the sales/brokerage lot.
- Worked as a contractor for several companies including an energy company where I prepared statements for Public Service increases for several states.
- The contract was to assimilate and prepare documentation to be presented to the regulatory commissions in Kansas and Nebraska in an effort to achieve rate increases for the utilities which they controlled.
Budget Analyst/Systems Administration
- Corporate Reporting, budgeting, audit support schedules and systems administration for the Confidential software package.
- Designed discrepancy reports to compare the values in different records in different files. The initial run of the discrepancy report found over 200 pages of discrepancies. Over a period of several of months I assigned tasks and my team eliminated all of the data discrepancies.