IT MANAGER/PROJECT MANAGER
Seasoned IT Manager with 20 years of experience in technical operations, managing all facets of network infrastructure. A skilled leader recognized for building strong technical teams capable of implementing strategies designed to improve productivity
- Build top performing teams and provide staff with the leadership, resources, and motivation to achieve goals.
- Implement advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and effectively address technical issues.
- Team Building/Management
- Vendor Relationship Building
- Infrastructure/Network Monitoring
- IT Manager, McKesson Corporation 2008 - Present
- IT Project Manager, Ceridian Corporation 2008-2008
- IT Project Manager, Cox Communications 2007-2008
- IT Manager, Morrison Homes 2000-2007
- Senior LAN Administrator, Hasbro 1993-2000
- Support and Network Analyst, Mass-Save 1991-1993
- Senior Business Systems Analyst, Eastland Bank 1989-1991
Confidential Atlanta GA
IT Manager (August 2008-Present)
IT Manager of the Remote Hosting technologies and software solutions developed by McKesson.
- Manager of 4 teams - Unix, Windows, Networking & Engineering. We design the data center infrastructures, build the network and server infrastructures including VMWare, Citrix and Active Directory and support these infrastructures for our Remote Hosting customers in the McKesson data centers.
- Manager of teams responsible for providing technical system solutions and project management leadership involved in the deployment of new systems or the support and maintenance of existing applications or systems in McKesson data centers.
- Provide leadership for IT projects, including such activities as collaborating with the client in developing business cases, defining business and/or technical requirements, preparing detailed plans and schedules, calculating resource allocation and assignment, providing ongoing coordination and tracking of capital.
- ITIL Certified. · PMP in progress
Confidential Atlanta GA
IT Project Manager (July 2008-August 2008)
Contract position through Matrix, Inc.
Lead a project team in the installation of a new BPM system based on the WebMethods suite.
Confidential Atlanta GA
IT Project Manager (May 2007-June 2008)
Contract position through NTSG, Inc.
Manage IT Infrastructure Projects.
- Lead project teams in the installation of new systems and applications, upgrading software releases and IT infrastructure components.
- Facilitate the on-time completion of IT projects to the benefit of the customer while ensuring a successful handoff to the IT operational team.
- Leading projects through all phases of project activity, including initiation, planning, execution, control and closure.
- Projects completed: VOIP Implementations, SQL Migration, ICOMS SDLC, PCI, People Soft Upgrade
MORRISON HOMES, Atlanta GA, a National Home Builder with revenues of 1.5B
IT Manager – reporting to the CIO. (May 2000 – May 2007)
Manage IT staff locally and remotely throughout the US, growing the department from 4 to 21 technicians
- Led the infrastructure team during the SAP implementation project.
- Define long term IS strategy and align this strategy with the Company’s goals and objectives
- Negotiated and In charge of outsourcing agreements for SAP Basis, Database Administration, First Level Help Desk, and IBM Data Center Hosting.
- Experienced in financial operations related to developing and maintaining an $8 million department budget.
- Experienced with negotiating hardware, software and services contracts with large global companies such as SAP, IBM, Global Crossing, Novell and Microsoft.
- In charge of company’s Data Center that is housed in a shared Collocation Facility in Orlando. Also, responsible for the creation, execution and maintenance of disaster recovery processes and plans.
- Responsible for Infrastructure SLAs and tracking monthly metrics that includes a SAP infrastructure that supports 200 offices nationwide.
- Responsible for the company’s computing infrastructure including all PCs, Servers (Novell, Windows, Linux and IBM AIX Unix), SAN (IBM Shark, DS4300, Tivoli), Networks (Firewalls, Switches, VPN Concentrators and Routers, Web Hosting), Handheld devices (Palms, WinCE and Blackberry), DB2, MS-SQL and desktop and server software including eDirectory, Active Directory, Exchange, SAP R/3, BW and Portal.
- Architected company’s nation-wide infrastructure by designing the WAN and a Company-wide Consistent Sign-on Authentication method.
- Architected company’s SAP infrastructure to support 14 division offices and 200 sales and construction offices
Confidential, Pawtucket, RI, a manufacturer of Toys
Senior LAN Administrator (December 1993 – May 2000)
Top level support for Network administrators in the US, Mexico, Europe and Asia and PC technicians in the RI locations.
- Team Leader of the SAP Infrastructure team.
- Merged Hasbro’s US and Mexico Novell networks into one national network.
- Project manager in charge of upgrading all Novell NetWare 4.1 and 4.11 servers to NetWare 5 in the US and Mexico.
- Senior Administrator of a national Novell Netware 4.1, 4.11 and 5.0 network.
- Designed Hasbro’s US and Mexico NDS Tree.
- Converted Hasbro’s RI locations from OS/2 Lan Server to Novell Netware 4.1
- Created Local Area Networks in Hasbro’s Delta Drive, Seattle Washington and New York City locations.
- Created a network security scheme for the RI and Cincinnati locations.
- Established an automated network routine by replicating critical data from the corporate network to the Cincinnati and Hong Kong networks..
Confidential, Waltham MA
Support and Network Analyst (September 1991 – December 1993)
Responsible for network infrastructure and conducting end-user training.
- Provide technical guidance and support to all Mass-Save computer users, including equipment configuration and setup, troubleshooting and problem resolution on hardware and network issues.
- Wired five buildings with 10BaseT and 10Base2 network cabling. Diagram and label all installed and existing infrastructure.
Senior Business Systems Analyst (April 1989 – August 1991)
Liaison between clients and programmers to facilitate the design, testing and implementation of new or revised systems.
- Analyze and define management business applications, and evaluated systems to meet corporate goals.
- Provide hardware and software support for a LAN running Novell.
Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Rhode Island College, Providence RI, 1988
- ITIL Certified