Marlene is highly motivated, self starter and team oriented PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), with strong organizational skills in Project/Program management, Program Management Office (PMO), strategic and business process re-engineering across functional business areas. Excellent in applying Project Methodology or Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes in organizing, planning, and leading a project from initiation through closing. It also involves effective change management and strong in the areas of project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, resources, risk/issue, procurement and communication management.
Excellent work ethics, values, flexible, with strong interpersonal skills in working with senior management at all levels, across the organization, communications, leadership, coaching, presentation and facilitation skills.
Creates competitive advantages by utilizing cutting edge technology, business acumen, innovative solution, influencing positive changes across the enterprise, to achieve and support the mission, goals and objectives of the organization. Achieve project goals and objective through passion, commitment and expertise in:
Program Management Office (PMO), Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM), Global ERP Implementation (US, Canada, Europe, Asia),Senior Project/Program Management (Complex Matrix/Manufacturing/Distribution Environment), Business Analysis, Software Design, System Integration, Integration for Mergers / Acquisitions and Divestiture, Implementation, Deployments, Business Process Re-Engineering and Improvements, Organization Change Management, IT Outsourcing, ERP (BOM, Routers, Inventory, Product Costing, Cost Management, MRP, Material Management, Production Control, Capacity Planning), Supply Chain Management, Warehouse Management Systems, EDI, Logistics, Transportation,, Financial (AP, AR, GL, AM and Project Accounting), Human Resources/Payroll, E-Commerce and E-Procurement, Functional Pre-Sales, Infrastructure (High Availability Capacity Panning), Change Management, Creation of RFP/ERP for Vendor Selection
- Program Management, Project Management, Microsoft Project, Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point), SharePoint, Lotus Notes, Outlook, PMP Project Management Professional, Six sigma Green Belt Certification
- ERP (Procure-to-Pay), Supply Chain Management (Order-To-Cash), Vertex, Financials, EDI, Logistics and Transportation, Human Resources/Payroll, Oracle (CPG and Financial), (PeopleSoft HCM, e-Procurement, EPM, Supply Chain Management), Some SAP, QAD, Visibility (Engineer-to-Order), ASI, Warehouse Management System (Radcliff, Catalyst, Provia, 3PL), Mergers and Acquisition, Infrastructure
- Project Methodology, Oracle AIM, Catalyst, Catalyst 4D, Summit-D, PMBOK
- Industry: Manufacturing, Distribution, Software, Service, Insurance, Healthcare
Confidential - Illinois
Role/Title: Senior Program/Project Management
- ERP Project Manager Baan Implementation for Mexico (Logistics and Manufacturing Facilities) - Part Time. Documented the conversions, integration between the US Manufacturing, Mexico Sales and Mexico Manufacturing. Created a detail implementation plan and working with offshore analyst and development teams to develop the integrations between organizations.
- PMI - Evaluated and Tested Microsoft Office 2010, Project 2010, Project Server 2010, SharePoint 2010, Microsoft EPM
- Documented the process of upgrading to Oracle R12.
- Developed an ERP Proposal for the Public Sector (Contract Management, Purchasing, Financials AP, AR and GL, Human Resources and Payroll). Performed all business analysis and process documentation to create the ERP proposal for the State of Indiana.
- Management, Best Practices in Project Management, Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM), Software Life Development Cycle Methodology (SDLC), Earned Value Management (EVM), Implemented PMO (Single and Portfolio Management Projects)
Confidential, Rochester, New York
Role/Title: Project Manager Project Budget $4M
- Documented the integration of all manufacturing (Siebel Qoute and Pricing, QAD for US and UK, MIPSIS - Receiving Inspection, PickPro - Carousel Inventory, Freedom - Standard Inventory and RFID, UniCam Repair Management, Agile - CAD and PeopleSoft Financial (AP, AR, GL and Project Accounting systems and Ariba e-Procurement.
- Performed business process analysis of all functional areas to ensure that the migration was done properly. Utilized agile methodology for the migration of applications.
- Developed detail implementation and migration plan, tracked progress against plan.
- Involved in the generation of a new High Availability infrastructure, MS Servers, IBM SAN, Veritas Clusters, Sun Micro System Servers, Progress, Oracle, SyBase. Utilized RUP methodology to manage the buildout of the infrastructure.
- Upgraded Oracle Databases from version 9 to 10G.
- Managed the migration of all Manufacturing and Financial application systems to the new infrastructure. Decommissioned all old servers.
Confidential Highland Park, Illinois
Role/Title: Supply Chain Management Manager
- Managed 8 Analyst and Developers
- Managed the Supply Chain Management Systems. Reviewed the functionality of Oracle Supply Chain Management software.
- Managed 3rd Party Warehouse Management systems (Catalyst, Provia, 3PL)
- Managed the integration between Supply Chain Management System, Financials, and QAD Manufacturing systems. Supported Vertex as part of Supply Chain Management.
- Involved in the integrations and migration from PeopleSoft Financials (Version 7.5) to Oracle Financials EBS version 11i.
- Supported the merger between SoloCup and Sweetheart Cups.
Confidential Chicago, Illinois
Role/Title: Project Manager Project Budget $32M
- Engaged to develop project plans and support the outsourcing of Mid-Range and Desk Top computers to CSC.
- Engaged to develop project standards, work with project managers and teams to develop and managed project plans using MS Project for Infrastructure (Servers, Sans and Data Center Centralization), Web Hosting, Lotus Notes Storage, Lotus Notes Upgrade, Voice, LAN, RAS, replacement of Desktop/Laptop and Application with PeopleSoft HCM.
Confidential Columbia, South Carolina
Role/Title: Project Manager
- Engaged to gather requirements, to consolidate the Provider Master File databases from five separate databases into one; and lead the requirements gathering and documentation to consolidate five regions into three, which includes the conversion of provider information, membership, claims processing, HIPPA and pricing information for new government health care contracts.
- Part of the team that implemented and utilized MS Project 2002 and Project Server 2002.
Role/Title: Project Manager
- Wrote a Statement of Work/Request for Proposal and selected a Point of Sale, Inventory, Financial (AP, AR and GL). Managed and led the implementation and deployment of a Point of Sale (POS), Inventory, Financials (AP, AR and GL) and Payroll modules.
Confidential, Westchester, Illinois
Role/Title: Project Manager
Managed projects focused on the Supply Chain Management Analytics (EPM), Procure-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash, Purchasing, Inventory, Billing, e-Procurement and HCM.
- Client: Sprint Tele-Communications - Organized and managed a staff to support the major enhancements to the Supply Chain Analytics (EPM Data-Warehousing) module and the implementation of the Balance Scorecard module. Utilized MS Project to combine the technical infrastructure, ETL development and two virtual sites; PeopleSoft Application engine and Micro-Strategy for Reporting. Performed all Project Management duties including planning, execution, control and closure. Project reports were completed and distributed. Utilized Critical Chain Methods for planning and scheduling.
- Client: State Farm - Assisted other project managers and senior consultants in the implementation of PeopleSoft e-Procurement module. Developed the project implementation plan using MS Project and Summit-D methodology (SDLC).
- Program Management Office (PMO)
Performed an audit of the PeopleSoft HCM upgrade project from release 7.5 to 8, documented “as is” and “to be” business models for the recruitment through the HCM process, including payroll, time and labor.
Role/Title: Project Manager
Confidential:Started and implemented a PMO, develop a Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) , processes, templates, standards, process and procedures for software development, software package implementation and object oriented/web development projects. Develop metrics and governance. Trained other Project Managers and leaders to utilize the Project methodology effectively and adhere to the governance of the Project Management Office. Includes Change Management and Communication Management with executives and project team.
Confidential- For a new business venture, gathered functional requirements, develop project charters/statement of work (SOW) and implementation plans for process enhancements to demand planning (I2) and inventory planning (Oracle) for a major cellular telephone manufacturer. Developed an implementation strategy, work breakdown structure and implementation plan to support the implementation of SAP HR/Payroll system.
Confidential- Led the project to development a reply to a Request of Proposal for Internet Portal solutions for a pharmaceutical company and an automotive manufacturer that resulted in the Technical Architecture proof-of-concept project of $2 million.
Confidential, New Jersey
Role/Title: Program Manager (Land O’Lakes) - Project Budget $6.5M
Client: Land O’Lakes
- The objectives of the program/project was to migrate the Supply Chain Management, Logistics and transportation, from a mainframe and IDMS database environment to an HP/Unix Oracle database client server environment.
- Developed a Project Charter, Statement of Work (SOW), high level Project Plan and detailed project plan using MS Project and got approvals from the project sponsor and stakeholders.
- Reviewed all the business processes of the organization where the Supply Chain Management was implemented, including the interfaces to Accounts Receivable and the General Ledger.
- Managed the migration from mainframe GENTRAN to Unix GENTRAN and streamline EDI transactions (850, 856, 810, etc) to the latest 4 versions.
- Managed and accountable for the implementation of the Order-To-Cash, Inventory, Procurement, transportation, freight bills and billing modules, consolidating five business operations into a single system, with extensive pricing, deals, promotions and integration to a Warehouse Management Systems (Radcliff). The implementation includes an extensive change management since we reduced the warehouses from 205 to 105.
- Tested the integrations between Manugistics (Demand Planning), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Oracle Process Manufacturing (OPM) and Oracle Financial (AP, AR and GL).
- Managed the development and testing of major software enhancements to handle variable
weight and inventory dual unit of measure for costing and pricing purposes.
Confidential, Fordham, MA
Role/Title: Project/Program Manager
Managed and accountable for the successful implementation of the Order Management, Materials Requirements Planning (MRP), Inventory Management, Financials, Service Repair/Warranty and Project Accounting modules for Engineer-to-Order Manufacturing Companies.
Babcock and Wilcox Power Generation (Fossil and Nuclear) Program/Project Manager (Portfolio Management Two Complete ERP Implementations) Project Budget $10M
- Responsible and accountable for the successful implementation of an integrated ERP system in two manufacturing facilities in the US and Canada. The project had a team of 30 in each location and a budget of $12 million.
- Performed business process analysis to document “AS IS” process from Engineering, Cost Management, Materials Management, Production Control and Financial systems (AP, AR, GL and Project Accounting).
- Managed the migration from a mainframe systems to HP/ UX client server systems,
- Managed the HP technical infrastructure, desktop configuration, implementation of the ERP software.
- Managed the development and testing of conversion programs, data-warehousing initiatives to support corporate financial statements and reporting requirements.
- Managed the changes to the Organization (Organization Change Management), to support the process changes for ERP Implementation.
- Developed continuity plans (disaster recovery), for new hardware, software and business applications.
- Implemented a General Ledger with 54 legal entities for Europe, Asia, US and Canada, Purchasing, Accounts Payable and Project Accounting modules were successfully implemented in both locations.
- Decommissioned two General Ledger, Purchasing, and Accounts Payable systems running on the mainframe.
Pauwels Canada, Manufacturer of Electric Transformers and Service Tool, Manufacturer of High Precision Machines for the Food and Beverage Industry. Project Budget $6M
- Managed and led the successful implementation of an ERP and Service/Warranty systems. Responsible and accountable for the success of the projects.
- Performed business analysis of the current business processes from Engineering, Cost Management, Materials Management, Purchasing, Production Control and Financial (AP, AR, GL and Project Accounting.
- Migrated from AS400 environment to RS6000/AIX and DEC/Alpha environment, including software package installation and configuration.
- Mapped business processes to the functionality of the software, performed re-engineering process.
- Recommended and implemented vendor procurement procedure and policy changes to increase cash flow.
- Integrated the CAD system to the BOM system of the ERP manufacturing system.
- Developed continuity plans (disaster recovery), for new hardware, software and business application.
- Decommissioned the AS400 with associated ERP systems.
Confidential, Morton Grove, Illinois
Role/Title: Application Development Manager Project Budget $15M
Responsible for hiring, firing, development and performance appraisal of a professional staff of 20 and consultants, with an operating budget of $2 million, to support all corporate Information Technology systems initiatives. Motivated, mentored and trained all professional staff to keep performance high and moral up in a high-pressure environment.
- Responsible and accountable for all corporate system implementations, strategy and integration of acquired businesses and merging business processes to the corporate systems.
- Detailed business processes on all areas of the entire organizations from Supply Chain Management, ERP, Financial (AP, AR and GL), Human Resources and Payroll and taxation.
- Assigned by the CEO to manage, implement and deploy the ASI Supply Chain Management into 40 distribution centers and seven manufacturing locations.
- Utilized Activity Based Costing for Repetitive (Automotive) base manufacturing and EDI Advance Ship Notices to three us auto manufacturers and Volvo
- Managed the implementation, deployment and upgrades of Accounts Receivable, integrated to the Supply Chain Management system., implemented and deployed Vertex for sales tax reporting,
- Managed the implementation, deployment and upgrades of all Manufacturing (ERP/MRP), Human Resources/Payroll, Systems. Decommissioned all old systems.
- Merged two acquired companies into all systems.
- Supported the company wide Organization Change Management.
- Developed a Request for Proposal (RFP) for an ERP, Supply Chain Management and Financial (AP, AR and GL) vendor software evaluation process (SAP, QAD, BAAN).
- Mainframe Human Resources and Payroll was outsourced.
- Education: Bachelor of Arts major in Mathematics
- Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP 57682)
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (103241)