PMO Developer/Manager and Program Manager Certified PMP with more than 17 years experience in a variety of business settings and industries including city government, telecom, insurance, manufacturing/processing and consulting. Proven track record of successes spanning s/w and business product development, marketing support, management of global business alliances and enterprise level re-engineering. Successfully directed teams of highly technical developers as well as very senior management of major multi-national corporations. Specializing in mentoring project managers, establishing standards and rigor for corporate direction in project management.
- Program Manager for corporate level business transformation targeting a $120M reduction in corporate run-rate [Confidential]
- Program Manager for extensive system and process changes resulting from industry-wide class action litigation. [Confidential]
- Program Manager for ground-up development of a billing system. [Confidential]
- Project/Program Managed series of Business Alliances resulting in $300 million in revenue. [Confidential]
- Program/Project Management/PMO
- Strategic Planning
- Systems Analysis/Procedures
- Budget and Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Team Building
- Marketing Support
- Business / IT Partnering
- Problem Solving
- Process Development
- Training / Mentoring
Independent Consultant Project/Program Management & PMO 07/2007 - Present Clients and Accomplishments Include: Confidential - PMO and Business Process Engineer
- Technology Workflow and Project Management Process Improvement including: Staffing and Resource Management Process, Client Services Process, Acquisitions Process, Application Infrastructure Process and Production Cost-Cutting.
- Managed department budgets including actuals, forecasting and vendor costs.
- Senior Management Status Reporting.
- Performance Metrics Tracking.
- Release Management Process.
Confidential, - PMO Process / PMO Architecture
- Analyzed current PMO practices, corporate culture, process pain points and desired end point, crafted a PMO Design Lifecycle, Templates, and Artifacts to achieve project management goals and best practices including: Project Lifecycle, Opportunity Statement Business Case, Project Charter, Standardized Status Reporting, Post Production Project Audit Process.
Confidential.- Program Manager of Claims Highway
- Managed Claims Highway development and phased deployment, facilitating IT and Business partnering, tracked financials (overall budget $14.8M), resources, status to stakeholders and upper management.
Confidential. - EPMO Manager / Program Manager Consultant
- Managed Provider File integration efforts, facilitating IT and Business partnering, required by a merger of two major health insurers.
- Managed enterprise wide business transformation cost cutting effort encompassing Call Center, Claims, Finance, Healthcare Operations, Medical Vendor Mgmt, Purchasing, Sales and Marketing aimed at reducing yearly run-rate by $100-120M.
Confidential- Program Manager Consultant
- Consulting position to plan and initiate remediation of 630 software applications to fulfill contractual obligations to outsourced IT support.
- Mentored Project Managers as needed, facilitated issue resolution.
- Arranged and tracked funding and overall progress of remediation efforts.
Confidential Division Program Manager / PMO Manager (Employee) 12/2005 - 6/2007
- With 7 direct reports and large extended team (50-70), Program Managed all system and process changes for a major Healthcare Insurance Corporation mandated by state law and large class action litigation. Litigation settlement involved 226 terms, resolved by 30 different projects. Projected timeline: ~2 yrs. Budget $140M+. Delivered ahead of schedule.
- Engineered corporate process improvement changes for resource management controls. Included tracking of resources, skills inventory processes, approval and gating process for delegating project resources, resource usage reporting, tracking, etc.
- Coached and mentored project managers in areas of project management procedure, corporate lifecycle controls, project management tracking application (BEN and Method Engine).
Confidential / City of New York Change Control Process Developer Consultant, 2005
- Developed Change Control Process for Emergency Communications Transformation Project for City of New York. Development of the process was a critical aspect of the SOW for a multi-million dollar, multi-year development effort launched in the wake of 9/11. Project consisted of 44 component projects including construction efforts, communications re-engineering, call center development, etc. for NYPD, FDNY, and EMS.
Confidential USA Program Manager of Corporate Initiatives (Employee) 2004
- Program Managed ground-up development of a new billing system for a prepaid cell phone company coordinating all business and IT project managers (4 PM's, 30-40 full team). Budget $5M. Timeline ~ 6 Months. Completed on time and budget.
- Established Risk Management and Mitigation Process resulting in reduced failure, improved timely delivery and to safeguard bottom line.
Confidential Project Manager Consultant for HR Recruitment Task Force Lead Project/Program Manager for Global Alliances (Employee) Project Manager Consultant for Services Marketing 2000 - 2003
- Generated $300M revenue by successfully managing series of Business Alliances. Negotiated deliverables, deadlines, managed large teams and sub-teams consisting of Senior Managers from multi-billion dollar, multi-national corporations. Extensive virtual team experience.
- Researched and developed tailored status presentations to upper management on weekly basis successfully conveying critical information in a highly pressurized environment to VP and CEO level.
- Developed customized business cases for strategic partners to illustrate potential ROI from business alliances, justified large budgets incorporating joint marketing, demo equipment, sales force training, and on-going support.
- Built business for the corporation through development and implementation of new recruitment plan that successfully recruited over 1000 new employees within 30 days of deployment. Intensely deadline driven environment to fully staff all aspects of the business unit being spun off of Lucent that would ultimately become Avaya.
Confidential Consumer Billing System Project Manager RICS District Lead Project Manager CAM Project Manager and Product Interface 1990 - 2000
- Resolved $40-$75 million monthly projected vs. actual revenue discrepancies by coordinating with information providers to identify defects in information flow resulting in improved data accuracy and efficiency for monthly bill closings.
- Created binding project management templates and processes for test billing lifecycle, trained project management personnel in new processes. Reduced avoidable rework by 75% and improved cycle time for Business Communication Billing System environment.
- Established project management process, hand-off responsibilities, quality gates, and direct measures of quality for software development district and its external suppliers, resulting in reduced error and rework.
Education and Certifications PMP in good standing Master's Certificate in Project Management Certificate in Marketing and Product Management Quality Assurance and Process Improvement Computer Programming Certificate Bachelor's Degree with Distinction, Radio and Television Broadcasting