Summary of Qualifications
- Around 6 years of intensive IT experience in Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing of Client/Server, GUI and Web-based applications.
- 1+ years experience as a Business Analyst.
- Proficient in Manual and Automated testing using WinRunner, Load Runner, Test Director and Quick Test Professional.
- Experienced in different industries as Retail, Health Care, Publications, Ecommerce, Financials and Banking
- Extensive experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Development/Enhancement and Maintenance of application.
- Expertise in analyzing User/Business Requirements and Software Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Extensive experience in performing various types of testing such as Integration testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Load testing, System testing, and User acceptance testing.
- Adept in Black Box testing, defect reporting and tracking and Quality Assurance Documentation such as test plans, test case, test reports, user guides and test procedures.
- Familiarwith Operating Systems like UNIX, Mac OSX Windows NT/95/98/2000/XP
- Experience in documenting the testing process using MS-Office tools including Word, Excel, and MS-Project.
- Experienced in Defect Management process using tools such as HP QC, Clear Quest, Bugzilla and Serena Dimensions.
- Experience in Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Experience in handling On-Site and Offshore teams
- Experience in Cross Browser testing on IE, Safari, Firefox.
- Possess strong problem analysis skills with the ability to quickly master new concepts and application technologies.
- Possess excellent analytical skills combined with good communication and organization skills.
- Performed web services testing
- Performed Back End Tests on E-Commerce related projects
- LANGUAGES: C, SQL, PL/SQL, VB Script, HTML, AND XML
- TESTING TOOLS: WINRUNNER, TESTDIRECTOR, LOADRUNNER, QUICKTEST PRO, RATIONAL ROBOT, SELENIUM IDE,RATIONAL CLEAR QUEST, SILKTEST
- DATABASES: ORACLE, MYSQL, MS ACCESS
- WEB/APP SERVERS: APACHE, WEBLOGIC
- OPERATING SYSTEMS: WINDOWS 2000/NT/XP, LINUX/SOLARIS/UNIX, MAC OSX
- NETWORK TECHNOLOGIES: TCP/IP AND RELATED PROTOCOLS, SAN, LAN'S, VOIP, DWDM
- APPLICATIONS: MS OFFICE, MS PROJECT, TOAD, QUICKBASE, SFDC, PERFORCE
5/2010 - 8/2012
The CVOI (Common View of Inventory) project was to help customers to return the product in stores even if they buy online. This project was to test end to end functionality by from buying the product online to returning the product and inter-company settlements
- Wrote and Updated System and Integration Test Plans for Ecommerce application
- Tested the payment process with the credit card providers
- Conducted multi platform testing on Windows NT, MacOSX and multi browser testing on IE, Netscape, Firefox, Safari.
- Participated in the daily status updates with IT team and weekly status updates with Project Team
- Performed extensive Manual Testing. Performed Integration and System Testing and created Test Logs for the developers to review.
- Prepared status Summary Reports with Test Cases executed, number passed, bugs found, bugs resolved etc.
- Provided Quality Assurance assistance and services to other Project Managers, Development Team and Testing Team
- Provided input to the documentation and/or release notes for the production rollout of the product.
- Participated in Walkthroughs and Defect Report meetings periodically.
- Conducted Regression Tests after code conversion
- Performed web specific testing like link checking, browser page testing, application testing, configuration and usability testing.
- Used Verification Points and conducted data driven Test with the Test Data sets and verified the contents of the website using Quick Test Pro
- Worked with Offshore performance team and Conducted Stress and Performance testing in Load Runner
Environment: HP Quality Center 10 Oracle Server, Quick Test Pro 10,VB Script, Mainframe Order management system (OMS), SAP, Load Runner 10
QA Analyst / Manual Tester
6/2009 - 04/2010
Arcadia Publishing is the leading local history publisher in the United States, with a catalog of more than 8,000 titles in print and hundreds of new titles released every year.
Established in 1993, Arcadia has blended a visionary management approach with the innovative application of state-of-the-art technology to create high-quality historical publications in small local niches
- Responsible for onsite and offshore coordination for effective testing activities for the e-commerce web platform
- Created and implemented a usability strategy and testing plan for e-commerce website.
- Extensively involved in writing and designing templates for the Release notes, Test Plans and Test cases
- Worked with the Business Users and Developers onsite and offshore to bridge the gap between the requirements and the design.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Positive, Integration, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Responsible for creating and managing test cases in QC (Quality Center).
- Worked with Project and Product Managers to develop Project Plans and Effort estimates.
- Conducted design review sessions with the developers onsite and offshore
- Involved in creating the Traceability matrix based on Functional requirements
- Responsible for approving production releases, which includes coordinating release meetings, reviewing QA release requests and scheduling production 'smoke' tests.
- Conducted and participated in walkthroughs to discuss certain issues with the development, design and Quality Assurance (QA) team.
- Conducted daily meetings with offshore and onsite team to review the testing efforts, next steps and defect analysis.
- Supported integration testing in bio portals for products.
- Performed analysis on the techsupport tickets to classify the nature of the issue there by easing developer's effort of code analysis.
- Participated actively in the team meetings with the developers for Defect reviews
- Worked on the continuous improvement of QA Process by reviewing and evaluating existing practices with standard testing guidelines
- Extensively involved in testing products in various standard browsers
- Performed Functional, integration and regression testing for web based applications
- Involved in testing eCommerce application for purchasing through website.
- Involved in validating the logic of purchasing e-products via PayPal Purchase process.
- Involved in testing purchase of Premium products via shopping cart process
- Responsible for testing purchase process in various browsers.
Environment: MS Project 2010, MS PowerPoint 2010, MS Excel 2010, MS Word 2010, MS Visio 2010, Windows NT 4.0, Oracle10g, MySQL, ASP, Java, Jquery, Quality center
3/2008 - 6/2009
- As a QA analyzed and reviewed functional overall design, technical overall designs and technical detailed design documents for better understanding of the Extensions and Interfaces.
- Prepare and review Test Plans, Test cases and Test scripts to test the application ensuring application compliance with requirements and able to manage action items.
- Performed general project admin duties including: scheduling meetings, publishing meeting agendas and notes, keeping team distribution lists and distributing materials to team. Participate in review meetings, suggest testing process, and establish guidelines.
- Interact with users and document any changes in business requirements.
- Co-ordinate with SMEs, BPs to identify risks, dependencies, defines entry and exit criteria.
- Co-ordinate between On-shore and Off-shore resources.
- Analyzed Client request and requested the developers for the design change by considering both positive and negative scenarios of business logics and developed test case accordingly.
- Performed manual testing as well as Automation Testing.
- Used QC to write, and execute the test cases. Compared and analyzed actual to expected results and reported all deviations for resolution.
- Responsible for identifying testing scope, approach & right tools based on technology.
- Involved in testing the layout of various Extension screens as per design specifications
- Executed the test cases for both functional and GUI testing in the Regression suite.
- Documented the errors and tracked them to completion.
- Create final Test Summary reports; update Test Logs/ Issues log for reporting purpose.
- Co-ordinate with various teams to set up environments for each level of testing includes System, Integration/Regression and Acceptance.
- Responsible for identifying test data and environment needs for each level of testing.
- Responsible to perform Smoke Test and Clarity Test for each test effort and document results.
- Co-ordinate with Development teams and Software management teams for Code deployment
- Responsible for tracking and closing defects using Rally during SIT/UAT
Jr QA tester
7/2006 - 12/2007
State Bank of India is amongst the largest banks in India. Online Banking Management System was a pilot project developed so that customers can get access to their accounts round the clock. The system handles transactions of four kinds of accounts: savings, fixed deposit, joint account and recurring deposit. The system manages different levels of authorization for administration.
- Involved in preparing Test plans and Test cases based on business requirement documents using Test Director.
- Developed the Test plans for quality assurance based on functional requirements.
- Participated in manual testing.
- Created shell scripts to automate data transfer from production servers to test server.
- Performed bug fixes in GUI modules
- Performed GUI, Regression, System, UAT and data driven testing.
- Performed back end testing of PL/SQL procedures and functions.
- Integration Testing is performed for the entire System after unit testing by executing the complete flow of the application system.
- Preparation of Defect report and periodic status reports.
- Interacting with the development and testing teams to improve overall quality of the software.
- Worked with full Quality Assurance Life Cycle of an Application.
Environment: Manual testing, UNIX, Windows NT, C, C++, Test Director, SQL, PL/SQL.
Non-QA related experience
- Analysed exceptions for the futures product across all GSAM portfolios & its root causes & proposed solutions to fix the issues
- Worked directly with traders and tried to fix issues with regards to future prices.
- Transitioned SWAPS and Collateral reconciliation process from GSAM London.
- Played a major part in automating the Collateral reconciliation process.
- Managed the fails process for swaps, futures and collateral by negotiating with brokers/custodians to provide timely, accurate & daily reports.
- Training the new members in the team about the process and workflow.
- Elicited and gathered User and Business Requirements through design sessions, brainstorming and prototyping.
- Analyzed the impact of Business Process changes on the existing systems and process flows. Analyzed the testing efforts that would be undertaken by other systems due to the changes in current systems. Coordinated analysis, development and testing efforts between various application teams.
- Studied existing Business Application and Processes, collected End-User Requirements, analyzed sources of revenue leakage and suggested the improvised business process model.
- Created non-functional system requirements pertaining to data quality and system performance.
- Prepared and implemented Test Cases for System Testing as well as for User Acceptance Testing.
Bachelor in Commerce - Confidential, India