To work as a Software Analyst/Developer to strengthen my knowledge and skills and further implement them in the real corporate world.
EDUCATION (in reverse chronological order)
- Dec 2008, Master of Science in Computer Science from Confidential at Binghamton, NY, USA.
- May 2005, Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology from Confidential, Faridabad, (Haryana), INDIA.
Affiliated to Confidential, Haryana, INDIA.
Operating Systems Linux/Unix, Windows, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX
Languages Java, C#, Visual Basic
RDBMS Oracle 10g/11g/XE, SQL Server 2005, PL/SQL
XML Technologies XML, SOAP, WSDL, DOM, XHTML, Web Services.
IDE tools Eclipse, Editplus, Visual Web Developer 2008, Visual Studio 2008
Testing Tools HP Quality Center, SilkTest, FitNesse
Versioning Tools IBM Rational ClearCase, SVN
J2EE Application Servers IBMWebsphere, WebLogic10g/11g, JBoss, Apache Tomcat
Web Servers IIS, Apache, IBM HTTP Server, OHS11g
Confidential, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Software QA Engineer (Jan 2009 to Present)
- Wrote a tool in Java, to parse the data from HTML/XML file and put it in Oracle Database for reports and publishing.
- Configuring Multi-tier architecture Test environment for J2EE Applications Deployment and testing on Windows and Linux/Unix platforms.
- Configuring and administrating of Oracle WebLogic 10g/11g Clusters for deployment of all Primavera Web Applications on both Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience in testing all Primavera Web Products and Enterprise Reporting Database with all the latest technologies and on all different multi-language platforms.
- Experience and ability to work in Agile/Scrum Development Environment.
- Efficient in few database tasks like creating tablespaces, instances and also database cleanup using SQL.
- Writing Testscripts/Testplans for Manual/Automation Testing of Web and C/S Applications using SilkTest supporting multiple languages like Russian, Japanese, Chinese, German etc.
- Configuring and monitoring Document Repositories Servers like MS Sharepoint and Oracle Content Management Server as collaboration for web products.
- Coordinating with off-shore team, discussing any issues and solutions of problems if any.
- Frequently giving Technical Presentations/Ramp up on new technologies that we use with our products like Oracle WebLogic 11g Clusters with JRockit JVM, Oracle Universal Content Management System, MS Sharepoint Server etc.
- Creating, managing and monitoring Virtual machines on VMWare LabManager as an administrator and also patching Linux and HP-UX machines.
Confidential, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Software Testing Intern (May 2008 to Dec 2008)
- Developed a small Web application in JSP and Oracle 10g for Company's Server Lab Inventory.
- Dynamic Testing of Web Applications and Client-Server Applications
- Configuring J2EE Application Servers (with SSL) for the Web application deployment on different Servers configurations (like Windows 2003/2008, AIX, Linux, Solaris 10 etc).
- Administrating and configuring Web Servers (like Apache, IIS7.0) on Linux and Windows Environment with and w/o SSL.
- Log, analyze and report defects using HP Quality Center
- Created Autorun.exe for the software DVD using Adobe Flash CS3 ActionScript 2.0.
Technical Analyst (Feb 2006 to May 2006)
- Worked with IBM, INDIA as Technical Analyst, providing solutions to complex problems regarding software/hardware to HP as a client.
- Have experience in doing excellent documentation on business requirements.
- Strong problem solving skills allowing rapid resolution of complex problems providing efficient customer service.
- Experience in providing quick and effective solutions to clients facing severe technical problems.
Master's CoursE Projects Undertaken
Masters Degree Termination Project
Developed a Web Application using ASP.NET (C#) and MS SQL Server 2005. This project is about Memberships and Roles given to Students, TAs and Professors. It dynamically retrieves the data from SQL Server Database using Stored Procedures and displays it in GridView. Also, students can upload their due Assignments using FTP and, TAs and Professors can upload new assignments, marks, course documents and final grades.
Web Services and XML programming Projects (Fall 2007)
Project 1 - Designed a simple "Chat System" in Java which uses XML as the
data exchange format.
Project 2 - Designed a simple "Data Binding System" in Java for XML
Schemas, which converts the XML schema document into objects in
memory (Unmarshalling) and also generates the XML document
from the objects(Marshalling).
Project 3 - Designed a simple "Client side Web services library" using dynamic
proxies in Java.
Project 4 - Designed and implemented an "Optimized Module" in C++ to
extract information from a very large XML document.
Database Systems Course Projects (Spring 2007)
Project 1 - SQL queries in Oracle
Project 2 - Implemented "Student Registration System" using PL/SQL stored
procedure, Java and JDBC.
Final Year Undergraduate Degree Project (2005).