Quality Assurance Inspector/Trainer with more than nine years experience in production and manufacturing. Areas of functional expertise include quality control, operations and staff training and coaching. Effective communicator known for promoting close cooperation with departments to identify and resolve problems. Quick learner who readily assimilates and transfers knowledge to team members. Bi-lingual Spanish and English.
Confidential,North bergen, NJ 2007-2008
Quality Assurance Inspector
Inspected diverse apparel, identifying anomalies and assuring quality. Compiled inspection data sorted according to vendor for entry into computerized database.
- Ensured achievement of quality standards by conducting statistical inspections on apparel and making pass/fail decisions on data.
- Collaborated with team to assure that received items match documentation in quantity and type.
Quality Assurance Inspector, 1999-2006
Aseptic, Packaging and Laser Drilling Areas
Performed inspections and laboratory testing to verify and ensure adherence of packaging and manufacturing operations to departmental procedures and FDA regulations. Selected to train and coach new employees in quality control processes and procedures.
- Selected by management to train new employees for three year period on in-process control of laser drilling using complex test equipment.
- Reduced waste and product loss through early identification of damaged closures on bottles of controlled pharmaceutical products.
- Trained new employees on proper gowning requirements ensuring full adherence of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to GMPs.
- Requested by management to demonstrate and advise employees on using control test machinery including microscope micrometer, orifice location gauge, Datamyte and visual inspection tray.
- Documented results of quality inspection and mechanical tests on Record of Inspection (ROI) allowing corrective action to be implemented quickly upon discovery of product anomaly.
- Improved performance of at least 40 new employees as measured in trial runs of procedures resulting in accurate and thorough quality control.
- Evaluated operation of laser drilling resulting in consistently measured orifices in pharmaceutical tablets.
- Reduced manufacturing defects by 50% in two product categories by instituting change in scheduled maintenance of production equipment.
- Empowered to take initiative to stop production line operation when warranted by direct observation and in-process product testing.
Set-up, operated, maintained and performed minor trouble-shooting of filling and capping equipment to ensure productivity, safety and quality standards.
- Promoted from temporary to permanent employee due to flexibility, reliability and demonstrated speed in assimilating new work procedures and processes.
- Ensured compliance with GMPs and SOPs by monitoring production and maintaining productivity records.
- Improved production times and quality by monitoring and visually identifying foreign matters in liquid products prior to shipment.
Confidential,New York, NY
1985 – 1986
Receptionist/ Clerical Assistant
Supported check processing unit by receiving, reviewing, filing and mailing 200-300 checks daily. Answered telephones, greeted and directed visitors and responded to inquiries.
- Hired as permanent employee within six months based on proven skills in mastering new and complex procedures.
- Ensured availability of security checks through daily numeric filing.
- Analyzed over 100 checks daily, matching computerized records to verify authenticity.
Education/ Professional Training
B.S., Computer Science.
Company-sponsored Technical Training.
- Laser Drilling In-Process Control
- Equipment operation
- Merrill Bottling Machine
- Quality Control Procedures
- Jones Inserter
- West Capper
Data Entry, MS Word, Excel, Lotus 1-2-3
Bi-lingual Spanish/ English