- Over 8 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance, Manual Testing and focusing on web-based, client/server, mobile and IVR applications.
- Experience working in Manufacturing, Healthcare, insurance, banking and ecommerce domain.
- Strong experience testing Siebel applications and executing work flow processes.
- Experience working in Waterfall and Agile/SCRUM development.
- Hands on experience with analysis of business, technical and functional requirements, develop comprehensive tests and execute the tests.
- Proficient in writing test documentation, test plans, test cases, test scripts, check lists according to the business specification requirements.
- Performed Functional, GUI, System, Data Conversion, Regression, Integration, UAT, data-integrity, XML, positive and negative testing.
- Report software bugs using custom and commercially available bug-tracking systems. Follow up with reported problems until satisfactory resolution.
- Write easy to follow bug reports and verify them fixed.
- Interacted with business analyst, developers, clients and project managers to better understand business process for testing.
- Experience with Logical and Physical Data Models and Entity Relationship diagrams to understand the relationship between database tables and generate SQL queries for identifying test data.
- Tested XML files for tags and data during integration testing.
- Experience using Enterprise Audit Server tools to validate transactions for defect debugging.
- Experience with UNIX environment executing commands.
- Worked on testing applications on different mobile platforms.
- Able to handle a high stress environment under tight deadlines with rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and adapt to new technologies. Handle multiple tasks as well as work independently or in a team.
- Bachelors in Computer Science Confidential.
- Testing tools: QTP, Selenium, Quality Center, Load Runner, Soapui, Bugzilla, ClearQuest
- Platforms: Windows 7/Vista/2003/XP/2000, Mac OS X, UNIX
- Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access, Oracle 9i, 10g,DB2
- CRM: Siebel 7.7/8.1
- BI: Oracle BIP
- Database IDE: IBM Data Studio, Toad, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL server management studio
- Middleware: Tibco Active Matrix, BW.
Confidential Swiftwater, PA
Sr. QA Analyst / Tester Jun 11 – Till Date
Confidential is implementing a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) at the Swiftwater, PA, campus as part of a multi-year implementation program. The MES that is being implemented is the XFP system from Siemens. The MES will replace the current paper based Batch Production Records with electronic records, enabling electronic batch record review and approval. Paper batch production records will be used for business continuity purposes when the MES is not available for extended periods of time. The MES will get information from SAP ERP that will direct the manufacturing steps controlled by the MES. During the manufacturing process the MES will send back certain information to SAP ERP which will automate some of the tasks in SAP that are currently performed manually, such as goods receipts, phase confirmations, and goods issues
- Developed and executed test scripts and test cases.
- Involved in Functional Testing, System Testing to ensure all aspects of the system are functionally correct.
- Executed automated scripts in batch mode using Mercury Quality Center 9.0 for every new build.
- Involved in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, and gathering requirements and prepared Scenarios according to the Functional requirement.
- Performed Smoke Testing for the entire application for MES.
- Created new BatchId for the carrier and tariff and validated this batchId in the Batches query results displayed.
- Created new objects in the shared object repositories and also associated existing objects from local repositories to shared objects repositories. Validated the query results with the input data.
- Mentor 2 testers for the project and also follow up with the daily work status and arranged standup and weekly meetings. Solved all the issues on the project.
- Executed regression suite for every new deployment. And reported test results.
- Opened new defects based on the bugs found in the application, Classified them based on the priority and severity in QC.
- Developed Regression suite of automated test scripts and executed the test suite daily during product development.
- Involved in white box testing as per client requirements in Java.
- Analyzed test failures and reported to the development staff using Quality Center 9.0 bug tracking system.
- Developed test scenarios for the automation test scripts.
- Attended daily Scrum Meetings and Sprint Meetings, part of the Agile Methodology.
Environment: Selenium, Quality Center 9.0, Java, J2EE, RAD, VBScript, Tibco, Toad 7.5, IBM DB2, MS Project, Websphere, Black Box, White Box, SnagIT.Confidential Raleigh NC Sr.QA Analyst. Mar 09 – May 11 This project, Magic box is a set of software components used to service orders for telecom companies. Requests from customers for services like, installation of new lines, change of carriers etc are stored as service orders. Service Orders (SO) is typically created by service representatives who directly interact with customers. Those SO are analyzed by software systems known as SOP (Service Order Processors).
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts from functional requirements, technical specification and use cases.
- Written, Modified and executed scripts in QuickTest Professional.
- Performed functional, integration, regression, data-driven, and GUI testing of Web Services.
- Extensively used SQL queries for backend testing to validate backend database changes, deletes and update and to verify data integrity in the tables.
- Managed the encountered bugs during the testing process by entering them to the Quality Center.
- Written / Modified XML scri5pts to set the transactions between trader and FIX system to correct bugs.
- Tested the Web services Simulation, Mocking, functional, compliance and security with SoapUI tool.
- Inspected and debugged the message content in SoapUI,
- Tested manually to see the integration between all the modules in SOA of the application.
- Did manual testing and validated the Batch transactions.
- Used Quality Center as change request management tool to track and manage all defects and enhancement process.
- Performed regression, functionality, system, front end, back end, negative, positive and User Acceptance Testing using QuickTest Professional.
- Tested the Web Services for HTTP compliant.
- Used various QTP functionalities (Ex. Call functions, Parameterization) to enhance test script quality and affectivity.
- Worked with UAT team to analyze business and functional requirement to design UAT Test Cases.
Confidential Santa Clara, CA
Sr. QA Dec 08 – Feb 09
Confidential is a leading provider of consumer digital media creation applications and produces innovative, easy-to-use products and media services that empower people to create, manage and share their digital media. This application mainly involves on purchase of ROXIO products based on subscription. People from different countries can purchase products in their own currencies since it supports multiple currencies (localization). It gives more information (even provides product demos) for each product in the products tab so the customer can try the products before purchase. It also includes upgrade, refund, cancellation, and renewal of products. The website includes a localized customer portal for managing product registrations as well as managing newsletter subscriptions.
- Responsible for extensive testing of web based and client server applications involved in purchase and installation of products.
- Responsible for extensive testing of e-commerce hosted environment on Windows platforms
- Performed localization testing.
- Designed, Developed, and maintained automation scripts using C#, Selenium and NUnit Framework.
- Designed, Developed, and maintained build deployment tools using C#.
- Performed database checks against subscription process and product purchase.
- Responsible for creating and executing complex SQL queries for testing purposes. Used various Link checker tools for web server errors,
- Logged and tracked issues as well as test cases using an enterprise level requirements, test case and defect management system including Test Rail and JIRA to manage bugs.
- Extensively worked on manual, black box, automated, white box, regression, integration, functional, smoke, system, positive, negative, exploratory and user acceptance testing.
- Used Perforce version control system to maintain automation scripts, test plan documents, and test case documents.
- Involved in writing test result reports.
- Managed VMware snap shots to install multiple products on multiple OS and check online stuff thru the products.
Environment: C#, Selenium WebDriver, link sleuth, Web Link Validator, SQL server, TestRail, Perforce, TeamSite, VMware.
Confidential, California, CA
Software QA Engineer Sep 06 – Nov 08
Confidential sells health, dental and life insurance in the state of California. This project involves upgrading the Siebel CRM application. Siebel CRM has many customizations to meet its business processes and also data integration from various web based and client server applications used across the enterprise.
- Because this is an upgrade project, all existing functionalities need to be tested. Developed many end to end tests based on the specification requirements.
- Extensively tested hundreds of functionalities used during the new sales and renewal sales of Individual and Group insurance using Siebel application.
- Extensively involved in testing custom web applications Agent Tools used for selling the Group and Individual insurance both new sales and renewals.
- Extensively used Enterprise Audit Server during system and integration testing for debugging the defects.
- Involved in testing many XMLs files which transfer data to and from other enterprise applications to Siebel Application.
- Validated data entered into the backend database by executing SQL against Oracle database in Toad.
- Tested group enrollments, rates and benefits and proposal functionalities.
- Extensively worked with paper and web based enrollments.
- Worked on Create, Update and copy enrollment functionalities in Siebel. Executed various workflow processes to test different functionalities in Siebel.
- Involved in testing contract member, claims, Service Requests, work queues, exceptions and payments functionality in Siebel.
- Executed structured and ad hoc tests against new monthly releases.
- Opened and tracked defects in HP Quality Center Tool.
- Tested applications for functionality, integration, usability, boundary conditions, valid/invalid input, data retention, etc.
- Tested many production tickets in test environment before pushing the code to prod.
- Involved in many defect calls to update on the status of my defects and sometimes representing the team.
- Extensively participated in UAT helping the business users by providing the test data, helping them with the new functionality and with writing UAT defects and report them fixed. Involved in many releases and testing in prod environment.
- Involved in testing HIPAA Database, which incorporates all the HIPAA transaction sets.
Environment:Siebel CRM, Java, Java Script, XML, Quality Center, HP Screen recorder, SQL, Oracle, Toad
Confidential Jun 04 – Aug 06
Over the years, Confidential hasevolved into a multi-product, multi disciplinary organization. The current focus is on increasing contributions to Atomic Energy Sector, Space, Defense Sector, Electronic Security Applications, Communications & Networks, E-Governance Applications and Exports. The company has a humanresource pool of 5100 engineers & technicians.The Strategic Alliances forged with organizations like Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) and Department of Space bear testimony to ECIL\'scommitment to the nation.
- Performed usability, compatibility, functional and regression tests.
- Wrote test plans in Quality Center and test cases based on Use case documents.
- Produced test scenarios and end user test scripts to verify new and existing functionalities.
- Log, track, and verify resolution of software and specification defects, documenting all phases of QA process.
- End to End testing, utilizing functional knowledge of applications to provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving basic test problems.
- Performed manual testing for functionality and GUI of the Web applications.
- Business to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve generalquestions during the testing process.
- Analyze, test, and certify application specific software and performed variety reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents.