EXPERIENCE SUMMARY: (More than 5 years of Software testing experience)
- July 06 March 09 QA Engineer IBM , Silicon Valley Labs, California
- Aug 05 May 06 QA Tester UH, Texas
- May 03 - May 04 QA Intern HCL Peripherals, Chennai, India
- 3 years experience in black box, white box, regression and migration testing with IBM.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and documentation skills.
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills and have experience in working with teams globally placed.
- Solid experience in writing test cases and implementing various test strategies.
- Known for having excellent rapport with developers to develop solutions.
Master of Science, Computer Science
B.Tech, Information Technology
Web Servers: Web sphere Application Server (WAS) 5, 6, 6.1, Web logic9.0.
Databases: SQL, Oracle 10i, 11g, mySQL, MS Access, Db2
Operating Systems: Windows 9x/2000/NT/XP, Linux, UNIX, AIX, Solaris,MAC
Applications: Perforce, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, MS Visio, Internet Information Services (IIS), MS Office Suite, CVS.
Testing Tools: Rational Functional Tester, Silk Test, Selenium, Junit, JMeter.
Bug tracking: Clear quest, Bugzilla.
Quality Assurance Engineer July 2006 March 2009
Environment: Windows XP/2000, Linux, AIX, UNIX, Java Scripts
Web sphere Product Center is a web based inventory control product built on Java. Very complex in nature, it is used to manage the huge data of various clients. Some of our customers include Wal-Mart, Best buy, JLP, and so on.
- Involved in system verification testing of three big releases on WPC product
- Lead for the migration testing of various fix packs of the product
- Involved in testing of various customer issues and delivering the fix packs on time.
- Developed automated test suite using WPC scripts for the workflow branch of the product using Rational Functional Tester (RFT).
- Designed test plan, wrote test cases and executed them for firefox testing of the product.
- Involved in reviewing various release documents and verifying them.
- Developed great communication skills and capability to work with teams in India and China.
- Performed complete UAT testing of the product when new UI was introduced for walmart.
- Also done installation testing of the product in various languages.
- Been the main deployment person of my QA team.
- Involved in deploying the instances in the QA server machines (unix/linux/aix/solaris)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with regard to deploying the builds and making sure they are up and running.
- Performed extensive research on an import/export tool of the product, performed around 600 manual test cases and submitted the results for data stability.
- Involved in Agile methodology.
- Used IBM ClearQuest for bug tracking.
Cofnidential, August 2005 May 2006
- Designed and developed web pages for eight Professors in the Law Center.
- Performed a great deal of UI testing for that website.
- Responsible for maintaining the Law center website by continuously performing regression tests to make sure nothing is broken.
- Learnt ways to deal with customer requirements and how to fulfill them.
- Developed test plan for UI testing of this website and wrote test cases for the same.
Cofnidential, May 2005- July 2005
Environment: Visual Studio.NET, VC++.NET, Windows XP, mySQL
- Developed a module for identifying the alpha viruses in the human blood using VC++.NET.
- Responsible for collecting various information about the alpha viruses.
- Designed and developed the database using mySQL and used the same to store the collected information.
Cofnidential, Chennai, India May 2003- May 2004
Environment: Visual Basic 6.0, Ms Access
- Learnt SDLC and different testing methodologies.
- Developed and implemented a network manager using “Simple Network Management Protocol”.
- Developed the system for the windows 2000 environment.
- This system was implemented with various modules like port scanning and discovery of all the active nodes connected to the network.
- Involved in writing the test plan, test scenarios and test cases for testing of the entire product.
- Performed black box testing of the product and released it in time
Task Set generation for Real time processing using C in VxWorks Environment Fall 2005
- Developed a task set in C to do a set of preliminary operations like insert, delete, modify, search and sort operations.
- This was executed in VxWorks Environment after taking into consideration important features like the critical section and priorities for each and every task.
- Execution times for all the tasks were calculated and a proper scheduling method was developed.
Multiple Sequence Alignment using Hidden Markov Model in C++ Fall 2005
- Developed an application which aligns multiple sequences using the concept of hidden markov model.
- Created a module in Java which uses the Viterbi Algorithm to find out the emission and transition probability matrices.
- Developed a website for a bookstore which consisted of various modules like the search module, payment module, and feed back module.
- Developed both the client side interface and server side administration.
- Maintained all the information and manipulated them using Ms Access Database.
- Created a user interface using Dream weaver and Photoshop
- Performed system testing, UI testing to make sure the website was functional.
“A Piece of Mind” Game using C#.NET and Test First Development mode spring 2005
- Developed a game which finds out various matched between the user input and the computer generated answer.
- Created the game using the OOAD concept of Test First Development (TFD).