Objective: Chemist, with process organic chemistry experience, will provide relevant information, by laboratory investigation and collaborative development.
- Collaborated to generate & evaluate data from experimental designs and resolving manufacturing problems, to optimize organic synthetic processes.
- Skilled in; wet chemical experimentation, raw material/product evaluation, bench equipment, test method validations and lab compliance, according to GLP's.
- Facilitated the formulation development of new products from bench experiments to pilot scale ups and then onto a mature process.
- Increased product value, by creating & implementing; SOP's, process documentation methods and quality systems for ISO 9004 Certification (a similar system to GMP's).
- Directed a chemical laboratory and as safety officer accountable for; chemical handling procedures, MSDS compliance and hazardous material inventory.
- Accomplished in; drawing cost efficient conclusions from data, problem solving, cross functional collaborations, literature research and new method development.
- Executed 'In Process Quality Assurance', critical control analysis, continual improvements and preventive/corrective procedures.
- Established innovative data bases to; plan experimental designs, conduct trend analysis, identify product non conformance and initiate investigations.
- Increased production & solved problems as a supervisor despite a reduction of union personnel, through positive leadership and teamwork.
- Proficient in the use of & interpretation of analytical instruments including; UV/vis & FT-IR Spectrophotometers, HPLC and NMR.
- Stimulated sales, by reducing customer complaints a factor of 5 and saved the Company $500,000 by continuous improvements.
- Used cost effective solutions to enhanced customer satisfaction, this resulted in 2 more years of plant operations.
- Recovered $60,000 of waste material by technical knowledge, attention to detail and creativity.
Confidential, New York
Quality Assurance Chemist/Process Control Specialist
05/1987-01/2008 Produced superior organic/cosmetic pigments by using synthetic chemistry in a complex laboratory/manufacturing environment. Collaborated to issue, revise and implement intricate batch work orders. Solved any process problem encountered and instituted preventative/corrective actions for the team. Verified formula adherence & confirmed that all records were accurate, complete and complied with ISO procedures. Facilitated development of new products from bench experiments to pilot plant scale ups. Supervised; safety procedures, regulatory compliance, training protocols and hazardous response. This position is a promotion over my previous status of Process Control Chemist, which was held for three years.
Confidential, New Jersey
Originated & developed innovative ink formulations for clients, including those involving adhesives and laminations, while delivering technical assistance, superior documentation and creative solutions. Set the standards for; customer service, quality control, bench equipment applications, product development, raw material/finished goods evaluations and color matching, with a minimum of supervision.
Confidential, New Jersey
Conducted experiments in; synthetic research, component selection and assisted in plant scale ups for a specialty organic pigment manufacturer, collaborated with customer applications lab to obtain evaluations. Developed experiments based on lab results. Integrated this obtained knowledge into revising and supervising plant batches, replaced a chemist with 20 years of experience.
Pertinent courses: pharmacology, toxicology as well as extensive organic synthesis and separations experience.
- Statistical Process Control seminar
- 5S & Lean Six Sigma training
- Management skills seminar
- Performance and Leadership Workshop (by K. Frazier)
- Received training in fire fighting and SCBA use.
- Completed certification for 29 CFR 1910.120(q). Incident commander Level V (40 hrs. Hazwoper training).
- Received certificate of fitness for a C-14 laboratory from the NYCFD.
- Letter of recommendation by the Technical Manager is available.
Membership: American Chemical Society