- Over 9 years of IT experience in Quality Assurance, manual, and automated testing on wide variety of projects in different environments.
- Extensively worked on highly distributed Client/Server and Web Based Applications with N-Tier architecture on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Tested application languages: VisualBasic, VB.NET, XML, HTML, Perl, VBScript, PowerBuilder, Java, C, C++, and C Sharp in various projects.
- Have used automation testing tools including Mercury Tools (QTP, Win Runner, Load Runner, Quality Center, Test Director) and Rational Tools (Clear Quest, Clear Case, Test Manager)
- Expert in Insurance, Banking, Financial, Telecom, Healthcare, and Government domains.
- In depth knowledge of financial instruments including Equities, Bonds, Forwards,Futures, Options, Swaps, Derivatives, Foreign exchangeand Commodities.
- Hands on experience in Project’s Risk Identification, Mitigation, and Contingency plans.
- Experiences with different types of testing such as White Box, Black Box, Smoke, Accessibility, Backend, End–to-End, Alpha, Beta, Module System, Integrity, Integration, Regression, Performance, Load, Stress, Volume, Reliability, Boundary, Web testing, Exploratory, Performance, User Acceptance Testing, Informal and Formal testing etc.
- Wrote and executed many test plans, manual and automated test scripts for different types of applications.
- Well verse in developing Automation Frameworks and identifying processes to be automated.
- Experienced in gathering user requirements, designing use cases and documentation
- Good experience of Relational Database Management System (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Extensively used SQL queries for retrieving data from various databases using SQL Developer and TOAD.
- Excellent experience in requirements management, traceability, and defect management using Test Director and QualityCenter.
- Experience in working in an onshore/offshore operating model.
- Familiarity with the SDLCs: Waterfall, Spiral, Agile and/or Scrum and the effective integration of the quality assurance life-cycle(QALC)
- Knowledge of CMMI requirements pertaining to Quality Assurance
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Strong experience in working as a team and also independently with excellent communication, technical and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Well experienced in documenting all phases of testing activities.
Testing tools: QTP 9.2/9.5/10.0, QualityCenter9.2, WinRunner 8.0, LoadRunner 9.0, Test Director, ClearQuest, JIRA 1.3.2, Remedy ARS 5.0.1,Rational Robot 7.0, Test Manager, Requisite Pro, JMeter.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/ NT/ 2000/ 98/ 95, UNIX, Linux, OpenVMS.
Technologies: Java Servlets, JSP, HTML, XML, XHTML, DHTML, RMI, CORBA, EJB
Databases: Oracle 10g/ 9i/ 8i, MS SQL Server 2005/ 2000, MS Access 2003/ 2000
Application/Web Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, IIS, Apache
Version Control: Rational ClearCase, Visual Source Safe 6.0, eRoom
GUI: Developer 2000, Forms and Reports 6i, Visual Basic 6.0, Power Builder
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Actuate Reports
- Master of Library and Information Science
- Post Graduate Course in Computer Applications
- P G Diploma in Library Automation and Networking, .
- Master of Arts in Political Science,
CERTIFICATE COURSES COMPLETED:
Oracle8i and Developer, Visual Basic and MS Access, Software Quality Assurance and Testing Tools, Essentials of IBM Rational Performance Tester, Workshop on Soft skills etc
Confidential, Boston MA May 09 – Till date
Sr. Quality Assurance Specialist
VTCTS (Vocational Technical Competency Tracking System)is a Java/J2EE web-based data system developed by department. It is available for Career Vocational and Technical Education faculty to track and record student competency as they prepare students for the Certificate of Occupational Proficiency (C.O.P.). The system is developed using STRUTS framework based on MVC model 2 Architecture. The system uses EJB’s for transaction control in the business tier and iBatis DAO’s in data access tier to communicate with SQL Server 2008.
Confidential, Boston MA Sep 07 – Apr 09
Sr. Software Test Engineer
Beacon, an online data capture, eligibility determination, and case management web application used by the DTA, State of Massachusetts is developed on Oracle 9i and Forte. The system is now being re-platformed into a J2EE framework and Oracle 10G environment using another successfully implemented application as a base system. It is a complete web-based solution that supports real-time data capture and eligibility processing for major benefit programs the DTA undertakes. It provides a proprietary J2EE framework (@Vantage framework) implementation.
The case workers, supervisors and other state agencies will use this web application for case management activities for benefit programs like Food Stamps (FS), Emergency Aid to Elders, Disabled and Children (EAEDC), ChildCare, Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children (TAFDC), Employment Service Programs, and Emergency Assistance etc.
- Reviewed business, functional and technical specification documents.
- Create and maintain test cases, test plans, test strategy, test metrics, defect metrics; also lead test case reviews. - Verify defects; ensure defect integrity, quality and technical correctness.
- Performed smoke (Sanity) testing, functionality testing, performance testing, integration testing, ad hoc testing, regression testing, end-to-end system testing, and UAT testing.
- Created Manual Test scenario’s for various modules of Beacon3 Application.
- Attended application design walkthroughs with the client and identified issues and logged.
- Implemented effective defect tracking practices to help in developing quality-rich software products and speed up the testing process
- Conduct root cause analysis of identified defects, providing development/business partners with sufficient detail to understand, replicate and resolve.
- Working with off shore development team to drive all defects from discovery to resolution.
- Coordinated with off shore testing team in driving/owning testing deliverables.
- Performed Database testing with complex SQL queries using Joins, Union and other operators.
- Performed Back end testing through Toad Query tool.
- Developed and executed SQL and UNIX scripts for validating Business Rules and verifying the accuracy of data
- Tested backend systems - databases, servers, and checked server log files for application issues
- Involved in setting up the UAT environment, like UAT Labs, UAT Database, User Profiles etc.
- Analyzed and debugged JBoss server log files for application issues.
- Used Linux extensively for accessing application/web servers and deploying weekly app builds.
- Develop and manage automation frameworks in HP Software’s QTP.
- Convert manual tests into QTP automated tests for regression testing.
- Used QualityCenter for creating requirements, maintain traceability with requirements, planning and execute automated tests, defect logging and defect tracking activities.
- Report and track defects by providing reproducible steps and work with other team members to document and close issues in QualityCenter.
- Performed Load/Stress and Performance testing for System Testing BEACON3 Application using HP LoadRunner tool for FS, TAFDC, EAEDC, EA Programs, EDP, ESP, AR modules which involves with SOAP Web Services to access legacy data.
- Created load/stress test scripts using VUGen in HTTP, SOAP, ODBC, and Java protocols
- Design Configures, Execute, Monitor, and Troubleshoot the LoadRunner performance tests.
- Successfully identified bottlenecks and functionality issues with the application when running under heavy load using LoadRunner.
- Enhanced VU scripts with Transaction, Rendezvous points, Parameterization, and Correlation.
- Customized the scripts by importing new correlation rules identified in this application and by inserting user defined functions within the script
- Monitored server performance with monitoring utilities such as perfmon, vmstat, top, iostat etc
- Analyzed various Graphs available like Runtime, Transaction and Web-Resource graphs.
- Analyzing the test results and identifying the performance bottlenecks.
- Use performance counters to assist in root cause analysis of performance defects
- Integrated LoadRunner with QualityCenter and used it as a common repository of scripts that can be accessed by all members of the team
- Support Post Production Testing after the Release has been implemented.
- Estimated time requirements for assigned QA efforts.
- Mentored other junior team testers to improve their testing skills.
- Attending scheduled client meetings and updating the project status and progress
- Provided weekly status reports to project manager describing accomplishments.
- Documented all test activities and created reports, training material and template documents.
- Prepared automation execution User Manual for future releases.
Environment: LoadRunner 9.0, QTP 9.0/9.2/9.5, Quality Center 9.0/9.2, ClearQuest, VisualBasic, WebLogic 9.1, JBoss, Apache, SQL Server 2005, Oracle 10G, TOAD, C, C++, Java, J2EE, JSP 1.2, Servlets 2.3, STRUTS 1.2, MyEclipse 7.1.1, HTML, XML, CSS, XHTML, @Vantage, HTTP, TCP/IP, SOAP, WSDL, Websphere MQ, Crystal Reports, Windows XP/2000, UNIX AIX 5.31, LINUX, VBScript, MS Office Suite, eRoom.
Confidential- Fairfield, CT July 5 – Aug 07
Senior Test Engineer
The IQMAX (Apollo) turret is the trader desktop interface device for the Alliance Telephony System.
IPC Information Systems LLC is the pioneer of global trading floor communications and was first to pioneer the use of VoIP on the trading floor and introduced the first VoIP based turret in 2001 and its second generation VoIP-based turret in 2006 named as IQ/MAX turret. Turret is a multi-line, multi-speaker, specialized phone. Responsible for testing the functionality of Intercom, Barge, Teleconference, Privacy, Hold, Directory, Broadcast calls, and IVR application.
- Reviewed Business Requirements and functional Requirements Analysis and documentation
- Developed test cases by decomposing use cases for specific functional requirements
- Maintain and update test plans, test cases, test environment, and testing software.
- Performed GUI, Functional, System-Integration and Regression testing.
- Developed and executed manual test cases for testing the Intercom, Barge, Teleconference, Privacy, Hold, Directory and Broadcast calls.
- Responsible for planning, documenting, and conducting testing of IVR-CTI environments.
- Identify risk and communicate risk mitigation strategies, determine scope and test limitations.
- Used in-house tool “Injector” to test Call routing, Call monitoring, and Outbound Dialing.
- Executed test cases for GUI testing of ‘Sys View\' application.
- Linux RTOS used for real time execution capabilities for supporting telephonic services.
- Developing and executing test scripts for telephony applications
- Perform regression testing when previous tested systems are modified.
- Proposed tool for automation along with outlined automation framework.
- Developing and executing automation regression test suite using QTP 8.2, and VB Scripting.
- Conducted multiple cycles of Regression Testing using the automated script.
- Trouble shooting automated test scripts and identifying root causes for failures
- Identify and prepare mitigation / contingency plans for the project risks in advance
- Log, track, and verify resolution of software and specification defects along with documenting all phases of QA process using QualityCenter.
- Coordinating with development team to ensure testing issues resolved on timely basis.
- Executed complex SQL Queries on databases to validate the data involved.
- Used LoadRunner to Perform Load Test, Longevity test and Stress Test. Analyzed the results and made appropriate recommendations to improve system performance.
- Measured the response time at different points in the application using LoadRunner
- Interact with functional contacts and the system administrators to resolve Performance issues
- Analyzed various Graphs available like Runtime, Transaction and Web-Resource graphs.
Environment: WinRunner 8.0 , QTP 8.2, LoadRunner, QualityCenter 8.2, C, C++, .NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET, Java, J2EE, Injector, Windows XP/2000, UNIX AIX, (Linux RTOS), ShellScripts, Tomcat, Apache, ClearQuest, HTTP, SSH, TCP/IP, SOAP, WSDL, XML (2.0), HTML, DHTML, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, DB2, SQLServer 2005, MS Office 2003, IE 6.0/7.0, Visual Basic, Oracle, SQL, TOAD.
Confidential–Houston, TX Nov 04 – June 05
Small & Medium Business (SMB)
SMB is a very user friendly e-commerce web site where assigned user can login with his credentials and select a product and submit the order. Apart from this he can create a quote, standards and purchase request as per the requirement. Typically there are three types of user roles like Extranet Admin, Extranet Manager and Extranet End user. Each role has different spending limits depending on their privileges.
- Review functional specifications and design documents
- Prepared Test Cases after analyzing the Use cases, Design and Business rules documents.
- Formulate Test Plan that contains test scenarios for testing the functionality, navigation, stress, security, recovery of the application
- Performed black box software testing in all test phases (smoke, functional, system, integration and regression).
- Preparation of test data for the negative and positive test cases.
- Performed positive and negative testing on application.
- Written highly complex SQL Queries to validate the back end
- Designed automation test plan, test strategy, automation framework
- Developed, executed and maintained test scripts using QTP.
- Parameterized the tests to data driven testing with different sets of data, inserted checkpoints and logical commands in the scripts to enhance the scripts.
- Verified all U I screens as per standards and reported all issues related to User Interface.
- Testing the application for load and performance by creating and running manual and goal-oriented scenarios using LoadRunner.
- Worked with Developers on Testability issues and to resolve the defects.
- Enter and track defects using Rational ClearQuest
Confidential, NY Jan 04 – Oct 04
The Online Brokerage application provides various financial services like Brokerage Services (Trade Stocks), Mutual Funds, Fixed Income Investments, Hedge funds, Swaps, Annuities etc. The solution will be based on the industry leader suite of CRM applications (Siebel for financial services) and will be integrated to other systems like Brokerage Services (Trade Stocks), Fix Protocol, Mutual Funds, Capital Markets, Credit Risk Derivatives, Fixed Income Investments Annuities.
- Prepared the Business Processes (Test Cases) after analyzing the Use cases, Design and Business rules documents.
- Perform regression, system, black box, functional, white box, and structural, client user interface, stress & load, deployment plan testing, and bug fix verification.
- Developed test cases and test scripts using Automated Tools for Functionality, Security and Regression Testing.
- Development of regression testing framework. Creation and Installation of test environment and test bed
- Converted some critical manual test cases into QTP automated scripts.
- Performed regression testing for fixes and closed the defects.
- Worked on FIX Protocol for financial information exchange and worked closely with traders in executing the stocks.
- Tested FIX Orders, FIX Options, Messaging formats (Administrative, Application).
- Executed unit, functional and integration testing of Back-Office processing.
- Designed QTP automation scripts, parameterized them, and validated them to suit the functionality of the application.
- Performed Table, GUI, Database, XML Check Points in Quick test pro scripts to check the validity of data.
- Modified QTP scripts in expert mode and various user-defined functions were written.
- Planned and created the Virtual user scripts and enhanced them with Transactions, Rendezvous points, Functions, Parameterization and Correlation
- Used Test Director for requirement analysis, scheduling and defect management.
- Developed automated Scripts for Load and Stress testing using LoadRunner 8.0.
- Customized and enhanced the scripts by importing new correlation rules identified in this application and by inserting user defined functions within the script
- Analyzed various Graphs available like Runtime, Transaction and Web-Resource graphs.
- Analyzed the bottlenecks and necessary tuning parameters are suggested in liaison with Architects and System Integration teams.
- Used performance monitor tools like Perfmon to monitor performance of the server.
Environment: LoadRunner, Quick Test Pro, Clear Quest, Test Center, Java, J2EE, JSP, .Net, ASP.NET, FIX Protocol, WebLogic, Unix, Linux, UML, C#, SIEBEL 5.x,6.x, DB2, Web Methods, Toad, LDAP, WSDL, Citrix, Oracle WinRunner, MQ Series, DB2, SQL Server, Windows NT and UNIX.
Confidential, NY July 02– Dec 03
Confidential is one of the leading insurance companies in the United States. The application helps the field agents of the company to enter prospective customers’ data. The application also calculates the amount of premium required, cash value and benefit amount for the years in consideration. In this system, registered members with MetLife can get details of their LTC insurance, change in major underwriting system of AIG like Workers Compensation System (WCS), National Union System (NUS), Universal Policy System (UPS) and Lexington Underwriting System (Lex).
- Analyzed software specifications and technical service description documents
- Involved in the development of test procedures for various stages like Integration, System and User Acceptance Testing. Positive and Negative testing
- Design, develop, implement and maintain software test cases and test plans to evaluate software functionality, performance and defects
- Develop test scripts based on defined business/functional specifications and use cases
- Developed automated test scripts using Win Runner for GUI and Functionality testing
- Automated regression test suites executed using Mercury WinRunner and TestDirector
- Generated the detailed reports of the Bugs, quality report, Comparison Chart.
- Tracking, reviewing and analyzed of defects using ClearQuest.
- Created Application specific and generic functions to reduce redundant code
- Performed data integrity testing by executing SQL and PL/SQL statements
- Written data driven test to handle the scenario requiring multiple sets of data
- Performed regression testing using Win Runner scripts
- Reported defects to the team lead and helped the developer to resolve the technical issues
- Executed Manual and Automated test cases and verified results with expected results.
- Performed Load / Stress / Scalability test using Mercury LoadRunner.
- Analyze the Discrepancies, severity, tracking system and reporting defects through Test Director
- Tested the application compatibility with IE and Netscape browsers.
Confidential. Jan 00 – Mar 02
- Identified the test requirements based on application, business requirements and blueprints.
- Analyzed business, functional and technical specification documents to write test cases.
- Performed manual testing and maintain documentation on different types of Testing viz., Positive, Negative, Regression, Integration, System, User-acceptance, Black Box.
- Involved in analyzing the applications and development of test cases
- Involved in doing System testing of the entire applications along with team members
- Developed test scenarios and test procedures based on the test requirements.
- Performed Database testing, Wrote SQL queries to validate data
- Used Test Director for defect management functions.
- Documented errors and implemented their resolutions.
- Developed Test Objectives and test Procedures.
- Participated in user training and Submitted status reports weekly.