- Over 7+ years of experience as QA Analyst with Web and Client/Server applications using both Manual and Automated testing tools
- Proficient in Automated and Manual Testing using tools like Quick Test Professional(QTP), Quality Center(QC), Test Director and Rational Suite
- Extensive experience in Requirement analysis, design and execution of test strategy, test plans, test cases, test scripts, test reports and documentation of manual and automated tests
- Experience in Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Database testing, User Acceptance testing and End-End Testing
- Strong analytical and QA/ testing skills, capacity for work and diagnostic ability, Gathering different kind of projects requirement
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall models of SDLC
- Extensive experience with Quality Center (QC)/Test Director(TD) for Test Planning, Test Execution and Defect tracking
- Experience in using Quick Test Pro (QTP) for functional and regression testing
- Hands on experience in Bug (Defect) Reports generation, tracking the status of each defect (Open, fixed and New) and analyzing the bugs using Test Director, Quality Center Bugzilla, Clear Quest, OnTime and Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2005.
- Executed performance script using Microsoft .Net Visual Studio Application Center Test (ACT) for stress testing. Expertise in analyzing Business Requirements, Technical Requirements, and High Level Design Documents
- Strong working knowledge of software design and development methodology
- Strong experience in interacting with developers and business analysts to analyze the user requirements, functional specifications
- Extensively worked on backend testing and have very good knowledge of writing and executing SQL queries to verify the data
- Good experience with Relational Database Management Systems like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Excellent knowledge of C#, VB, Java, XML, DOM, .NET, VBScript, HTML, and Web Services
- Strong ability to communicate technical design, plans, progress, issues, and alternatives
- The drive to grow while working collaboratively with peers in a cohesive environment.
- A Strong analytical and communication skills
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003/NT/XP, LINUX, UNIX
Languages: C, C++, Java, VBScript, ASP.Net, SQL, PL-SQL
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional 8.0/8.2/9.0/9.2/9.5/10, Load Runner 9.0, Mercury Quality Center 8.2/9.0/9.2/10.0, Test Director 7.6/8.0, Win Runner 7.5/8.0, Rational Clear Quest
Query Language: SQL, PL-SQL
Databases: MS-Access 97, SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle 10G,DB2
Web application Servers: IIS 4.0, Web Logic 6.0, Web Sphere
Others XML, Microsoft word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
Confidential, Wilmington, DE Sep 2011 to Present
Credit card services
Confidential, deals with credit card applications and I work on many projects incluing client server and web based applications. Reg Z is one of the major projects for eCustomer team. It involved making the credit card services compliant to Govt passed Regulations. Lot of functionality changes happened in Payment allocation, Fees, Balance Transfer, Disputes. Behind the scenes are lots of payment programs database tables, as well as batch processes. TSYS is the mainframe and have worked on the TSYS screens for these projects.
- Analyzed business requirements and the functional specification for developing test conditions.
- Drafting QA Strategy, methodology and documenting test plans and test case development in Quality Center for the functional, integration and end to end testing.
- Involved in generating execution reports from Quality center.
- Had done lot of data conditioning on TSYS for various customer experience scenarios.
- Performed both manual and automated testing of the application.
- Performing functional tests, conducting regressing testing during various phases of testing life cycle using the tool Quick test Pro (QTP).
- Analyzed and validated business rule.
- Used Parameterization in QTP extensively to perform Data-Driven testing.
- Used Check Points, Output Values, Recovery Scenarios, Regular Expressions
- Object Repository Administration extensively in QTP.
- Thorough knowledge of Smart Identification feature of QTP.
- Used Check Points, Output Values, Recovery Scenarios, Regular Expressions and Object Repository Administration extensively in QTP.
- Thorough knowledge of Smart Identification feature of QTP
- Used Test Batch Runner in QTP for Batch Testing.
- Interacted actively with Business Analysts/Users/Developers for collecting Requirements.
- Gathered QA metrics from the team and Forwarded overall test metrics to the management using Quality Center
- Prepare Status Reports Every Week, which includes revision History, Test case status, metrics, Issues and Defects.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from database.
- Performed manual testing of backend, nightly jobs, integration testing and end to end testing.
- Experience in writing complex SQL statements for querying databases during functional and regression tests
- Debug defects to find the cause.
- Performed UAT at the end of a project development to check if the business requirements of the application have been met.
- Trained and mentored the new hires and brought them up to speed with various testing processes.
Environment: Quality Center 9.5,10.0, Quick Test Pro 9.5,10.0, XML,HTML,MS Office, Unix, VB Script, SQL, Java, Microsoft Project.
Confidential, NYC Feb 2010 to Sep 2011
Wealth Management Online (WMO) is a wealth management application for financial planning, portfolio management and trading system. It gives single window access to users for all kinds of financial planning, Asset and liability management and trading activities.
It consisted of core modules like A customizable dashboard to show your investment accounts and current asset allocation, Equity watch list, Alerts, up to date balance sheets and reports, etc., Account Management, Wealth Management and market watch. System evaluates the risk profile of an individual based on different user inputs and creates a personal investment profile. Based on the investment profile and current asset and liabilities, it suggests a targeted asset allocation to attain required investment objective. Based on market research data, it also suggests the different stocks, funds and bonds to attain the suggested asset allocation.
- Participated in review and analysis of Requirements document, Design document, Effort Estimation.
- Designed Test plan and Test cases for manual and automation testing, developed and maintained checklists for regression, functional, system and interface testing. This included Web and client/ server testing.
- Manually Performed UAT testing for each final release version.
- Checking the reconciliation process for the orders reaching the Account servicing system.
- Validating SWIFT messaging for order initiation and settlement.
- Validated the FIX protocol engine.
- Application was updated twice a week, so that all the Test Procedures created as Baseline can be played back to perform Regression Testing.
- Inserted Check Points to Check for the broken Links, Text, and standard properties of an object using QTP.
- Used Parameterization for using various data to test the application using QTP and created user defined functions in it.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Verified and Validated the Automated Test script
- Performed all phases of end-to-end testing which includes User Acceptance testing, Functionality testing, Regression Testing, GUI testing, boundary testing, negative testing, system testing, Integration Testing, batch Testing, unit testing and Smoke testing of the Application, its interfaces and Client-Server Utilities using QTP.
- Extensively used to SQA site check to track down the bugs in Web application.
- Generated Traceability matrix to map requirements, tests and defects.
- Used Quality Center to develop test Plan, test lab, log in, track Defect and extract execution report.
- Created a report for testing coverage of functional requirements.
- Generated Test reports and metrics for higher management and officials.
- Participated in defect review board to discuss the status of the defect.
- Participated in RCA- Root Cause Analysis of major issues.
- Used business objects for generating reports.
Environment: Quality Center 9.0, 9.2, Quick Test Pro 9.0, 9.2, SQL, XML, VB.Net, VB Script, HTML, MS Office, Java.
Confidential, NY May 2009 to Feb 2010
Sr. QA Analyst
American Express is a diversified global financial services company that is headquartered in New York City. MYCA is a web application of American Express that lets its credit card customers manages their accounts online. Rewards program is one of the many functionalities of the application that encourages customers use credit card for all their purchases and earn points that they can redeem for gift cards, merchandise, cash rebates etc. The project was to redesign the Rewards program functionality to facilitate flight booking and hotel reservations for customers when they redeem their reward points
- Responsible for defining the scope of project, gathering business requirements and documenting them.
- Followed RUP methodology for SDLC and its workflows.
- Interacted with business experts and carefully recorded the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical people and brainstormed business processes.
- Prepared Logical Data Models to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Used micro strategy for report requirements and ad-hoc analysis.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Finalized Use Cases with the team members to develop Functional and Detail Design Specification of the application.
- Developed TEST PLAN and reviewed and wrote TEST CASES, data creation to perform SIT & UAT testing tasks.
- Transferred knowledge mentored the engagement teams, monitored team performance and provided feedback to all levels of management.
- Estimated and scheduled testing efforts for the project.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing.
- Performed manual testing focusing on the end-user point of view
- Used QC Document generator to create a report in Microsoft Word document containing project’s requirements, planning and test list.
- Documented test cases using Quality center
- Executed test cases manually to check GUI and functional features of the AUT
- Coordinated and prioritized outstanding defects and enhancements/system requests based on business requirements, allowing sufficient time frame to ensure accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement and communication throughout the lifecycle of the project; educated clients and stakeholders on the benefits and risks associated with the project
- Created documents like the Business Glossary, Actors Catalog to facilitate understanding of the client business to the team.
- Conducted and facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and end user training.
Environment: MS Visio , Micro strategy, Quality Center, QTP, SQL, SQL Server 2008, DB2, VB Script, CVS, IE 6.0, Unix Windows XP
Confidential,CT Mar 2008 to April 2009
ROLES: Senior QA Analyst
Description:Business Links mission is to manage infrastructure projects and deliver comprehensive Systems, SAN, Data-Replication & Business Continuity solutions to optimize your enterprise. Their goal is to help Data & Storage management teams meet their mandatory technology enhancement milestones while operating under ever shrinking budgets & timelines.
- Developed/ReviewedTest plans, Test Report, Test casesthat are traceable to software requirements.
- Extensive Risk assessment documentation to IT manager and Business Team.
- Detailedtest design and test cases that cover the functionality forrelease phases
- Testing(UAT)on the web-based application and Requirement Traceability matrix.
- Extensively involved in writing, executing and analyzing Checkpoints, Destructive andData Driven Test Scripts for the projects usingQuick Test Pro (Mercury QTP),Rational Robot, Test manager.
- ExecutedSQLfor querying andmodifying dataand managing databases and data mining with UNIX platform.
- Gathered business requirementsby conducting interviews from end users and documenting it for the developers using Rational Requisite Pro
- Worked alongside Test coordinators from Data storage team for Integration Testing.
- Analyze requirements that are testable, identify the Requirements which are covered and which are not covered by QA testing.
- Maintained Documentation for System Audit.
- Interaction with development team members to collaborate a low latency product’s
- Executed system tests in a distributed SOA enabled environment , for cloud computing application(AGILE methodology)
- SQA basic was used to create automated rational robot script.
- Test casewalk-through fromQuality Centerwith IT Lead and Business Analysts.
- Conducting full functional cycle of testing from creating test plan to generating results.
- Review design documentation and architecture by software architect
- Establish Diplomatic communication between Testers and Programmers
- Publishstatus/progress/defectand performance reports on a weekly basis and conduct meeting (AGILE).
- Depend on the Priorityassigned various tasksto the team members.
- Documentingthe process and checked into VSS for future references.
Environment:QTP,Java, Web logic 8.1, VB Script, SQL Server 2000, Visual Source Safe HP(Mercury) Quality Center, SAS, Requisite pro, office 2007,TestManager,Rational Robot.