- 6 + years software QA testerwith full system development life cycle experience, including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes fueling swift corrective actions, significant cost savings and fault-free audits.
- Have good knowledge in testing applications in various industry domains like Healthcare, Finance, Banking, Telecommunication, Insurance and retail.
- Experienced in defining Testing Methodologies, Designing Test Plans and Test Cases, Verifying and Validating Web based e-Commerce applications andDocumentation based onstandards forSoftware Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile (Scrum).
- Experience in coordinating and mentoring offshore and onsite QA.
- Experience in setting up the test environment, installations and configuration.
- Expertise in Manual and Automated testing of various Web based applications.
- Created Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Script.
- Strong expertise in establishing QA policies, procedures, strategies and developing appropriate process to ensure the quality of product.
- Expert in web technologies like HTML and XML.
- Experienced in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements.
- Well versed in automation testing tools such as Quick Test Professional (QTP), Load Runner, and Selenium.
- Developing and Maintaining Test Scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects.
- Knowledge of Defect/Bug tracking system with the use of tools like HP Quality Center and Bugzilla.
- Experience in importing/ exporting the Scripts /data into QC by using MS Word and Excel Add-ins.
- trong working experience in variousdatabases such as Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server and MS Access.
- Good understanding and knowledge of UNIX commands.
- Extensive experience in Web applications, Web services and Web methods. (Middle ware Testing) SOA
- Vast experience in different testing methods such as Functional, System, Regression, Integration, Performance, Security, Positive, Negative, End to End, UAT and Load testing.
- EMR system and EDI transactions for claim process, ICD 9 to ICD 10 conversion knowledge from healthcare domain.
- Worked with Developers, Business Analyst and Project manager to test and document new product and new product enhancements.
- Exceptional analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent Analytical, Decision-Making and Organizational Skills coupled with good co-ordination, communication and interpersonal skills describing a committed Team Player with an ability to handle/organize multiple projects simultaneously.
OS: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, UNIX
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, SOAPUI 4.0.1
Languages: VB Script, C, java.
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access, MySQL.
Web Browsers: IE, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome.
Business Mgmt. Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office, MS Visio.
Database Query Tool: TOAD, SQL plus.
Testing Tools: Quality Center 10,Quick Test Professional 10, Load Runner 7.8, Selenium IDE 1.7.2.
Bug Tracking Tool: Bugzilla, JIRA, Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center, Test Director.
Confidential, Nashville TN March’11- Present
Sr. QA Analyst
- Extensively involved in all phases of SDLC (Software development Life cycle) and follows Agile methodology.
- Worked on POS self check out / POS QA Testing was involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment.
- Involved in Preliminary discussions of the Project with the Core Team according to Business Requirement Document.
- Prepared test plans and test cases for manual and automated testing.
- Tested different functions of thePOSsystem like scanning, payments and returns. Moreover, make sure that the system met the requirements and expectations.
- Developed the test cases according to requirement.
- Responsibilities of checking of data in database by writing and executing SQL statements and UAT on NGPOS Environment consist of MPOS, KIOSK, PHARMACY and PHOTO Ecommerce testing.
- Used ICD-9 HIPAA compliance codes for Identify the particular medical Prescription.
- EDI 274/275 code for transaction of electronic prescription according to patient information and healthcare provider information. In addition EDI 270 (Eligibility and Benefit Request) and the EDI 271(Eligibility and Benefit Response).
- Validated Inbuilt CMS tool along with web application on different browsers.
- Extensively worked on Web Service testing using SOAPUI.
- Involved in Functional, Regression and Smoke testing.
- Prepared the traceability matrices to fill the gap between the requirements and the test cases covered.
- Used VB Scripting in QTP, Generated test results using QTP and analyzed Actual Result and Expected result.
- Developed data driven scripts in Quick Test Professional and executed scripts.
- Used checkpoints to check the functionality in QTP.
- Used synchronization, call function, parameterization, and reusable actions to enhance test affectivity.
- Interacted with developers and Managers to identify and resolve technical issues while performing automation testing using Selenium in Twist.
- Used Firefox browser to installed Selenium IDE to test the Catalina test portal BPT server.
- Wrote SQL queries for searching, creating and updating test data.
- Interacted with DBA\'s, Developers, Systems Engineers and Network Engineers during testing and isolated bottlenecks at different levels.
- Performed Load testing by bombarding the server with users to test the performance of the application under stress conditions using Load Runner.
- Managed and executed test cases and logged defects in defect reporting tool using Bugzilla.
- Provided status reports to Project Manager.
- Interacted with developers for resolving the defects andsetting the priorities.
Environment: Quality Center 10, QTP 10, Selenium IDE 1.7.2, Load Runner 7.8, UNIX, Java, J2ee Windows XP, IE, Firefox, Mozilla, SQL Server, Bugzilla , Walgreens in house tools Jump server .
Confidential, Bentonville, AR June 2010 Feb 2011
Sr. QA Analyst
- Analyzed business requirement documents, functional requirement documents, Use cases, and Use case diagrams.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases from the functional requirement document and scheduled the test case execution.
- The project was based on ASAP Methodology.
- Performed both manual as well as automated testing.
- Involved in Smoke, Functional, Regression, System, Integration and Security testing during all phases.
- Performed manually testing using Cross browser and Cross Platform.
- Validated various Hyperlinks on web pages also performed GUI testing manually.
- Participated in the team to performed User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in the executing and retrieving the data for SQL Queries.
- Interacted with developers and users to resolve major bugs.
- Created the Automation Test Plan and extensively used QTP for creating scripts for functional and regression testing of various features of the application.
- Extensively used different types of Check points (Standard checkpoints, Table checkpoints, Image checkpoints) using QTP.
- Used the HP Quality Center (QC) defect tracking system, to report and analyze defects during the entire testing process.
- Used TOAD for writing SQL queries, used many types of complex queries for validating, retrieving and comparing the data.
- Communicated testing progress to Business and Project Management team; setup meetings with project managers and other senior members on the project to prioritize testing strategies and Exit Criteria for various testing cycles.
Environment: Windows XP, UNIX, MS-SQL Server,Rational Clear Quest, DB2, LINUX, GUI, QTP 9.2, HP Quality Center 9.2.Confidential,San Jose, CA Aug’08-May’10
QA Analyst Responsibilities:
- Designed and documenting Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and Test Strategies based on business requirements and Design documents for Credit Card Online application.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Worked with the Developers and the test lead to verify the Test Cases.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Performed Development Integration, System Integration, End to End and User Acceptance testing for the data services.
- Performed Functional testing, Performance testing and Regression testing to see the entire functionality using QTP.
- Used Joins like Inner and Outer joins while testing from multiple tables.
- Performed Automation testing by using Quick Test Professional.
- Performed Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data using Quick Test Professional.
- Established connectivity between QTP and Quality Centre and access the functions from QC.
- Responsible for Data driven testing using Quick Test Professional, and written functions using descriptive programming in Quick Test Professional.
- Used Quality Center to store all testing result and for defect Tracking and Reporting.
- Generated enhanced graphs and reports with Quality center.
- Provided weekly management status reports and coordinated meetings between test team and development team to review defects.
Environment: QTP 9.0, Quality Center 9.0, HTML, Windows XP, VB scripting, MS-Office, My SQLConfidential, India July’06-June’08
- Attended Scrum meeting every day.
- Documented details of test plans, test cases and expected results in Test Director.
- Extensively documented Test Requirements and Test Plan using Test Director to track the stakeholders requested enhancements and changes.
- Created VB scripts, enhancing, and debugging the test case using QTP.
- Created test scripts using Automation tool QTP and checked the functionality of the application for every release.
- Used Synchronization, Call function, Parameterization, Checkpoints, Regular Expressions to enhance test affectivity also created reusable actions.
- Performed Smoke, Functional and Regression testing using QTP.
- Performed manual and automation tests on various modules using positive and negative scenario.
- Manually manipulate data directly from Oracle database using TOAD.
- Analyzed the end-to-end functionality by testing the application manually.
- Carried out security tests to check that only valid users could access certain sections of the site.
- Writing and reviewing Manual test cases and customizing Test Director as needed.
- Performed Back End testing of the database by using SQL queries to verify data conversion and data repetition.
- Analyzed test monitoring and take quick test control decisions by the Reports and Graphs using Test Director.
- Grouped Manual test cases in sets and scheduled them for execution using Test Director.
- Monitored test results, tracked defects and communicated them usingTest Director.
- Actively participated in bug meetings with QA team and developers to discuss and resolve outstanding defects.
Environment: Windows XP, QTP 9.0, Test Director 8.0, Bugzilla, UNIX, TOAD, Oracle 9i/10g, MS-Excel.
Bachelor’s of Social work