SUMMARY: Highly accomplished and motivated software professional with seven years of proven track record as a Senior SQA Analyst, Test Lead, Test Engineer and Business Analyst with strong team orientation, attention to detail, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Great understanding and involvement in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), testing life cycle and defect life cycle.
- Highly knowledgeable in structured methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Well -versed in test plan formulation from requirements, creation of test scenarios from Use Cases, and test case design from system design document .Adept in executing them as well as, tracking of execution against the plan during the testing phase and managing defects from inception to resolution.
- Experienced in automated testing tools including Quick Test Pro and Win Runner.
- Experienced in using test tools for test management, requirements traceability, defect tracking- HP Quality Center and Mercury Test Director.
- Performed all kinds of testing including Black box, White box, Integration, System, Staging, Smoke, Functional, Regression, Data Driven, User Acceptance and Performance.
- Strong knowledge in writing complex SQL queries. Extensively used SQL queries for data validation and creating test data.
- Hands-on experience in database testing for databases like Oracle, SQL Server and DB2.
- Solid experience in testing Web Applications running on distributed environments such as the J2EE Platform and BEA Web Logic.
- Proven ability to provide accurate estimates for testing efforts in terms of resources and hours
- Strong in the IBM MVS and CA-7 mainframe environment.
- Actively involved in various meetings to streamline and enhance the testing process/plans mainly to reduce costs and avoid redundancy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal/facilitation skills for interaction with IT development, software support staff, and customer areas of the company. Excellent attention to detail.
TECHNOLOGIES: Testing Tools: Quality Center, Test Director, WinRunner, Quick Test Professional, HP BPT, Microsoft Team Foundation, Test Partner Languages: VB .NET, ASP.NET, XML, Java Script, HTML, VBScript, SQL, TSL, JCL Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and MS Access Tools: Toad, Oracle SQL Developer, Query Analyzer, Teradata, MS Office 2007, MS Visio, MS Project. Main Frame: IBM Main Frame Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/NT/XP and UNIX
Confidential, April 2008 to Present Projects: 2010 RSM Maintenace Release 1 (Current assignment - Test Lead) 2009 SC Manisr Shipper and Pallet Fixes 2009 AR for Dairy Plant Items Maintenance release 2009 SC Gen 6 Functional enhancements Release 2 - Upload Utility, ORW Exp and Vendor Portal 2009 AR for Dairy Plant Items Functional Release 2008 Combined Supply Chain Maintenance release - RSM (Replenishment Schedule Maintenance)
Role: Test Lead/ Sr. SQA Analyst
- Understand the process and system to be tested and assess business requirements.
- Responsible for Test Plan formulation from requirements, creation of Test Scenario from Use Cases, and Test Case design from design document.
- Preparation of Master Test Plan specifying test overview, test approach, test strategy, roles & responsibilities, scope of testing and estimation of test hours.
- Responsible for finding ways to reduce time of testing phase in line with Company's Theme "FASTER-BETTER-CHEAPER".
- Designed and developed perfect integration, system and staging test plan and test cases according to company standard templates.
- Created, updated and executed test cases, managed and tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Responsible for the defect tracking records for each build and reporting the defects using Quality Center.
- Review old test plans and make changes for improved testing plans and implementation.
- Organized and prepared defect reports for defect review meetings with the release lead and decide on priority and severity of the defects detected during testing phase
- Documented steps to re-create defects found during testing phase and share them with support team.
- Organized meetings and Interacted with the development team in all stages of the Testing Life Cycle.
- Install code on test servers following the install plan mirroring production installation.
- Setting up of complicated test data (including creating XML files) and test environment.
- Responsible for testing GUI, reports and backend.
- Rigorous testing to cover all possible scenarios and made sure that code had minimum defects.
- Performed ad-hoc, functional, and rigorous regression testing of the application.
- Created test summaries for all stages of testing: Integration, System and Staging.
- SC Generation 6 Performance Test: Program level performance testing and stabilization for Supply Chain Generation 6 - mass of High Velocity, Low Velocity, Bulk Produce, and DSD Polled. Test the database split and the performance of the batch jobs across the split.
- Gen6 Functional Enhancements: This project focused on the business functional enhancements required for the mass of Generation 6.
Role: SQA Analyst / QA Tester
- Testing on these two projects involved testing on the IBM MVS and CA-7 mainframe environment.
- Used IBM Host Sessions to run batch jobs in both test and staging environments.
- Manually verified that the JCL to check that the batch is pointed to the right servers, the input and output files, queue names.
- Testing involved extensive use of TSO and ISPF commands and menus, view mainframe files, log on CICS and submitting batch jobs.
- Created and executed test cases using Quality Center.
- Validated data flow from DB2 tables to Oracle tables.
- Created and executed efficient SQL queries against Oracle, SQL server and DB2 using Toad, Query Analyzer and Teradata , leading towards the detection and resolution of serious data integrity issues.
- Logged and tracked defects. Organized defect review meetings.
- Prepared staging test summary.
- RSM Functional Enhancements: This project implemented enhancements and corrections, requested by Dispatch and Pharmacy, to the Replenishment Schedule Management system. This system is used to maintain warehouse receiving and shipping schedules and store delivery schedules.
- 2008 H1 Gen 6 Store Replenishment Enhancements: The purpose of this project is to design, develop, test, and implement several enhancements requested by the business area that is required to rollout Supply Chain (SC) Generation 6 automated store replenishment.
- Gen 6 Business Continuity: This project involves in performing analysis, development, testing, and implementation of any disaster preparedness and business recovery capabilities needed for Supply Chain Generation 6 related to the order/invoice process flow.
- Improve Messaging Infrastructure: This project will implement an architecture that improves the overall reliability, availability, and scalability (RAS) of MQ Series, a messaging tool that is used to communicate information between different applications.
Role: Senior SQA Analyst Responsibilities:
- Testing on these projects involved GUI, web-based and backend testing.
- Analyzed Business and System Requirements documents.
- Involved in developing test scenarios and test cases based on high-level and detailed designs.
- Utilized Quality Center to execute the test plan, track execution against the plan during testing and manage defects from inception to resolution.
- Communicated test defects and results to project release lead and application developers.
- Performed sanity, smoke, adhoc, regression, functional testing in different stages of testing: integration, system and staging.
- Created and executed SQL queries.
- Participated in Test Case walkthroughs and review meetings.
- Participated in daily status meetings to report any bugs, issues and risks.
Confidential, Apr 2002 to Oct 2007
- Business eBanking: HSB Business eBanking allows business customers to perform consolidated balance and transaction reporting on all accounts.
- Branch Automation Suite: (BAS) is an Internet-based navigation system that brings all the bank products and services to the banker's desktop.
- Retail eBanking: HSB Retail EBanking application was developed for providing real-time, online access, transactional capabilities and export features to retail customers
- Loan Manager System: (LOMAS) was developed to provide the loan department a tool that automates every aspect of mortgage, consumer, home-equity and commercial lending from qualification through underwriting, processing and closing.
- Safe Deposit Box Management System: (SDMS) furnishes simple set-up, billing, service charge, and adjustment processes. Also generates hard-copy bills on the box anniversary date and has the means to debit accounts versus invoicing.
Role: SQA Analyst/Test Engineer/ Business Analyst
- Involved in requirement analysis and Gap analysis of Business System Design and Use cases
- Designed and developed the Test plan, Test Scripts and test strategies for the applications and executed them.
- Participated in Business/Development meetings to understand user requirements.
- Used Quality Center/Test Director as repository for maintaining test cases, execution and tracking the defects.
- Developed Test scenarios and Test cases using Quality Center/Test Director
- Involved in User Interface, Functionality, Navigation, Volume, Load, Performance and Security testing, Beta Testing.
- Automated Test cases for regression testing.
- Developed user defined functions to support automated scripts. Integration testing was done to ensure data processing, interface validity and proper communication among components of each application
- Prepared test data for positive and negative testing used in data driven testing for testing the application dynamically
- Performed Sanity testing for each new build of the application.
- Performed functional, system, and regression testing manually and with automated test tools like Quick Test Professional.
- Involved in Developing Test Incident reports/Test Metrics.
- Conducted cross browser testing to check the compatibility of the AUT with different Browser's (IE, Netscape, Mozilla,Safari)
- Knowledge in relational database concepts like Tables, Primary and foreign keys, Views and Referential Integrity. Proficient in the data manipulation using SQL for the retrieval of data from the relational database (inner joins, outer join, group by, order by etc.)
- Created User defined functions to avoid redundancy and increase flexibility within the testing repository.
- Performed Load and Performance Testing to identify and report performance bottlenecks. Organized and attended project meetings, release meetings, and QA status meetings.
- Performed Automation testing by using Quick Test Professional.
- Performed Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data using Quick Test Professional.
- Used GUI, Bitmap and Text checkpoints in QTP scripts for validationsPerformed user acceptance test and documented results.
- Assisted in developing user guides
Technologies: Quality Center, Test Director, Win runner, QTP, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Access, VB .Net, Web Sphere, XML, ASP.NET, Java, VB Script, SQL Server 2000, Windows 98/2000/NT/XP, Internet Explorer, Netscape, SQL, PL/SQL,
EDUCATION: BS in Computer Science Post Graduate Diploma in Computer applications