Operations Manager / Sigma Manager / Receiving Manager / Quality Assurance Manager
As an Operations Manager, am highly trained in corporate issues including Human Resources, Process Improvement, Associate Training, and Project Manager responsibilities. Working projects through the Six Sigma philosophy. Have more than 32 years of logistics and warehouse experience with 15 of those involved in leadership of several different departments. Have worked in Quality Assurance, Process Reviews, Training and Development and have finely tuned Management capabilities. Proven to be hard working with an analytical approach and focus to details for driven results.
- Operation Analysis - Reorganized work flow transition to allow work teams to be concentrated. Prepared a time line for coverage and movement of work to be handled in 1 shift instead of 2. Results: Fewer hours required and focus on work process to increase productivity.
- Quality Improvement - Performed all audits for converting our known process steps into a format that followed new vendors preferred methods. Compared all process steps and streamlined activities. Results: Allow for almost immediate monitoring of production performance.
- Six Sigma Process - Focused on complaints from stores on damaged appliances delivered. Applied Six Sigma methodology to isolate stores with largest concerns and type of damages experienced. Followed up with training to eliminate damage concern and capture feedback from store to monitor for improvement. Results: Large decrease in the amount of complaints from isolated stores.
- Compliance Management - Administered audits to verify processes are being followed. Personally reviewed check off lists for compliance to policy.Results: Report for functional area compliance was done quarterly and reported back to executive staff.
- Process Development - Worked development stages to indoctrinate new Over, Short and Damage process. Kept error log for network, and communicated all issues and corrections. Results: Testing resulted in mechanized format to be adopted for all facilities.
- Project Management - Adaptation to stocking process needed to be implemented. Arranged testing of steps and followed up with IT personnel to verify results. Results: Was able to formulate a new process steps for stocking in the warehouse environments.
Team Building and Customer Satisfaction
- People Skills and Leadership Training - Develop management training for assistants under my accountabilities. Knowledge level was lacking in associate dealings and involvement so worked with Human Resources to finalize programs to broaden scope. Results: Program expanded to encompass all managers for unit.
- Training and Coaching - Led orientation training for new hires for 2 facilities. I worked with executive staff to focus on discussion items and implemented into a training and review of associate handbook. Results: All new associates were introduced to policies and procedures of unit.
- Performance Management - After introduction of new quality measure, realized organization lacked needed PC skills to operate effectively. Set up sessions with different skill sets for supervisor to gain needed knowledge to work with tool. Results: Within 30 days all areas where trained and skills were being applied as learned.
- Retention - Through Evaluation and Review, identified candidates for upcoming managerial positions. Developed criteria and minimal standards for advancement to next level of accountability. Candidates interviewed and choices made by executive staff for final consideration. Results: Addition of 13 new management positions from existing work force.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Distribution of Retail Products to Retail Stores, Distribution Centers and Home Deliveries, Regional Supply Chain
OPERATIONS MANAGER 2006 - present
SIGMA MANAGER - REGIONAL 2004 - 2006
RECEIVING / QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER 2001 - 2004
Directed and managed 100 logistics associates. Providing Service and Support to 125 Retail Stores in the territories of Florida, South Georgia and Puerto Rico.
- Analyze, evaluate and incorporate changes to reduce costs, improve quality to meet long and short term goals.
- Monitored and directed a quality control program to consistently meet established standards.
- Meet Special Project deadlines.
- Conducted personnel development, performance evaluation, and team development.
- Restructured warehouse picking locations and reserved slots to achieve maximum employee productivity.
- Reviewed daily cycle counts and researched all inventory discrepancies to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinated the implementation and integration of multiple operations support systems.
- Motivated warehouse staff to increase employee productivity and team cohesiveness.
- Worked directly with on-site carriers to ensure on time deliveries.
- Monitored purchasing of warehouse/office supplies.
- Managed equipment and facility maintenance.
- Worked with receiving team to meet Inbound trailers Level of Service.
- Conducted Disciplinary Processes to correct associate behavior to comply with corporate policies.
- Set up annex warehouse to comply with warehouse management system (WMS).
- Worked with engineers to set up productivity tool in warehouse - Red Prairie.
- Conducted Orientation and training classes for new hires in two facilities.
- Participated in new store setups with providing volume figures and attending kick off meetings.
Project Manager Master Certification - Confidential
Associations in Arts - Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Project Leadership
- Management & Communications Concepts of Change
- Business Planning through Category Management
- Negotiation Skills for Project Management
- Risk Management
- Scheduling & Cost Control
- Contracting for Project Managers
- Time Management, Franklin Covey Institute
- Recruitment & Selection
- Foundations of Coaching for Performance
- Managing Association Development
- Supply Chain Operations
- Business Communications
- Conflict Management
- Change Management
- Sexual Harassment
- Violence in the Workplace
- Building Leaders
- Focus on the Customer
- Build and Align Teams
- Know How to Make Money
- Coaching for Execution
- Positive Energy
- Recognition Through Results