Objective : Seeking a Full Time SeniorSQA Analyst / Lead Position that will allow me to expand my technical skills and improve company\'s product quality.
- Over 13 years of experience with an earned reputation for meeting demanding deadlines and delivering critical solutions on various levels as a Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst and Lead in Quality Assurance for Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Led/ Managed team(s) that provide testing and integration services for both local and overseas development teams.
- Skilled in planning and implementing new processes, procedures and tools for quality assurance testing, defect tracking, status reporting and problem resolution within various software development methodologies like Scrum/ Agile, Waterfall and Iterative development environments to reduce operating costs and increasing efficiency.
- Developed Test plans, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts for Manual as well as Automated testing for various applications to ensure proper business compliance.
- Attention to detail and an ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Involved in entire Software Development Life Cycle ( primarily involved in SQA activities), which includes designing, developing and execution of the entire QA Process and documentation of Test plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Scripts for the Relational Database, Web and Client/Server applications.
- Experience in Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Back-end Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Sanity testing, User Acceptance Testing ( UAT), System Under Test (SIT), Security testing, Performance Testing, Validation Testing, Localization Testing, Client Side Testing and Server side testing.
- Familiar with WinRunner, Test Director and QuickTest Pro.
- Ability to work as an individual or as an active team player with positive and forward-looking attitude.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal Communication.
Related Coursework done :
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX/Red Hat Linux, Fedora Core, Mac (Intel and PPC), Ubuntu.
Languages: HTML, C/C++, JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL, VB, SenseTalk, XML
Database: ORACLE, SQL Server, MS ACCESS
Testing Tools: SOAP UI, WinRunner, Rational Robot, Eggplant
Web Browser: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Safari
Defect Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, Buganizer, MS-Outlook, ClearQuest, Test Director
Automation Tool(s) : Test Complete, HP QuickTest Pro
Data Communication Protocols : SFTP, FTPS, HTTPS, AS2
Client Tools : IPSwitch, Secure Client
Network Analyzers : Fiddler, Live HTTP header, Ethereal
Source control systems : CVS, Visual Source Safe, Perforce.
Graphic Design applications : Macromedia Flash, Adobe Photoshop, PaintShop Pro.
Other Tools & Technologies: MS Office, MS Project, Visio,VMWare workstation, Proxomitron, ClearCase, Validation Environment
San Francisco, CA
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst/ Lead Apr 07- till date
- Worked in a fast-paced environment in actively following the defined QA processes that adhered to the scrum/Agile methodologies, guided team towards detailed test plans and clear executions with emphasis on working closely with development teams, Analysts, QA ( onsite and offshore)
- Work closely with various leads/managers and individual team member across multiple cross-functional teams, including development, architecture, Production Support, QA, IT-OPS, product management and customer support to support our company, department and team goals.
- Performed daily testing in the User Acceptance (UAT) and System Under Test (SIT) environments involving thorough end-to-end and regression testing.
- Worked with Product development and Project Managers to drive quality upstream and to improve system stability in test.
- Responsible to write and document detailed end-to-end test creation including Test Plans , Test Scripts, Test data and Test cases based on the agreed upon and approved requirements.
- Actively train and mentor direct reports to develop their skills and careers and to achieve a high-level of success in their roles while at the same time ensuring a healthy work-life balance.
- Led a team of testers working onsite, offsite and offshore.
- Regularly keep senior management abreast of risks and quality issues and how they will impact the business.
oInterface with 3rd parties on requirements, testing, and problem troubleshooting, as needed.
- Was given the sole responsibility to oversee several milestones and sign off from the entire SQA team after being responsible for team members\' validation completion of the assigned tasks.
- Played a very active QA role in testing brand new secure file transmission application against multiple environments used for internal and external usage. Was part of the product since the pilot release milestone.
- Was actively involved in all of the software design reviews and FSD walk-throughs and provided valuable inputs and design changes required from a testing/user perspective.
- Tested migration scenarios for customers who were to get migrated from older (SFT) to the newer product ( SAFE-Transmission)
- Was given the responsibility to test, validate and make sure the expected functionality is achieved that would be used by the customer on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for production validation and production support of the commercial bank application to ensure quality and expected functionality.
- Worked closely with developers and analysts to perform root cause analysis and risk factors involved with the issues identified.
- Logged critical number of defects in HP Quality Center ( QC) for defect tracking within the team, and was appreciated by the development team and peers for having made the product much stronger as an individual and as a team.
- Actively involved in troubleshooting and investigating issues with the development team with a go-getter attitude that saved developers time which helped them act faster to resolve the issues.
- Performed Fail over testing of bringing Weblogic Instances Down.
- Conducted and actively participated in daily defect calls that involved discussing the defects, demonstrating them via.netmeeting if required and assigning the defects to the dev team.
- Planned and oversaw the full lifecycle testing of multi-tier Java and Oracle based applications on Windows, UNIX/LINUX as required
- Involved in using digital certificates to authenticate secure file tranfers such as .P12, .cer etc. Over various protocols such as SFTP, FTPS, HTTP, FTPwithPGP.
- Actively involved in planning, guiding and team execution of existing test scripts to automated test sets using Quick Test Pro.
- Required to run SQL queries to verify data entered and validate values in the database.
- Familiar with using SOAP UI to perform Web Services testing/Web API.
- Some experience with Mobile device testing.
- Collaborated with business users to test applications and implement workaround to feature issues.
- Designed and delivered status reports to executive management. Managed, scheduled and monitored efforts of multiple resources, utilizing blended onshore/offshore delivery model.
Environment: Windows, IE & Firefox Defect Tracking tools : Mantis, Clear Quest, HP Quality Center., JIRA
Automation tools( and open source) : Test Complete ,HP Quick Test Pro ( QTP) WEbServices Testing Tool : SOAP UI Platform : Windows, Linux/Unix, Macintosh
Accolades and special achievements at Confidential:
Have been the recipient of multiple \'on the spot\' award for managing the critical customer facing issues from start to end.
Have been the recipient of multiple \'Award of excellence\' for going above and beyond the management\'s expectations.
Appreciated on several occassions for my strong leadership, with the ability to motivate and challenge staff
Confidential Apr06 - Apr07
Mountain View, CA
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
- Involved in testing Google toolbar for Firefox and it's features on different platforms including Windows, Mac
- and Linux.
- Designed and developed test plans, test cases, test data of my assigned features of the toolbar.
- Was given the sole responsibility and ownership of toolbar features' testing and documentation.
- Filed and maintained bug reports using Google's internal bug reporting application called Buganizer.
- Provided status updates, worked closely with developers to identify and resolve issues.
- Been part of many Google's milestone releases including their Alpha, beta and Out-of-Beta releases.
- Spent considerable time on bug analysis to narrow down issues so as to save time for the development team.
- Worked with inter-department teams like G-mail, Writely etc. to test issues related to the toolbar for Firefox.
- Have considerable experience in testing and monitoring network traffic by using Fiddler and HTTP Live headers to
- test the GET and POST request captures.
- Tested Autoupdate of the Release Candidate(RC) build on the QA, Staging and Development server to ensure accuracy
- and quality prior to live-site deployment.
- Have been assigned to work on partner bundle products.
- Actively involved in automating test cases using Eggplant for every feature assigned.
- Worked closely with the core development teams during all phases of the automated framework development and support.
- Created XML files to parse data to the related scripts.
- Used Perforce to maintain source code and for code review etc.
- Wrote code using SenseTalk language to perform tests on the 'SUT', requiring repetitive computations, such as acceptance testing.
Special Responsibilities :
- Due to my outstanding skills in written and oral communication as well as excellent managerial capabilities, I was given the responsibility of communicating and bridging the gap with offshore work in India and the local team, sending daily updates of the local team, making sure the India team was up to speed and had given valuable suggestions and direction to the lead to make this happen effectively.
- Responsible for training the new Engineers onsite and offshore and bringing them up to speed within a short span of time.
- Was also involved in maintaining documentation of the internal wiki pages for the toolbar.
Accolades and special achievements at Google:
- Have been given "Award of excellence" by Google Inc, Director and Team Lead for exceeding their expectations and improving the performance of their product within a given time.
- Had been invited to attend tech talks on "How to become an expert software tester" by renowned Quality Assurance specialists.
- Have got special recognition for reporting several high priority bugs (P1s) and having a keen eye for details during bug analysis.
Confidential. Jan 03 - Apr06
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
- Designed and developed test plans and tests scripts for Black Box testing of all the modules.
- Developed test cases after analyzing the specifications document.
- Performed extensive Regression Testing for subsequent versions of the application using WinRunner.
- Divided test into logical steps and sent output to WinRunner test result report.
- Performed end-to-end testing on the release version of the software application and detected GUI bugs.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared.
- Actively involved for creation of data base design.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation as per the requirements.
- Was part of the customer meetings to get a complete feel for their expectations and to be able to test from a user perspective and perform enhanced UAT ( User Acceptance Testing).
- Used Winrunner on a need basis for repetitive testing.
Environment: HTML, WinRunner, Test Director, VisualBasic6.0, Crystal Reports.
Oct' 01 - Dec' 02
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Reviewing, Identifying and documenting the System and Functional requirements for the software application for an online retail supermarket.
- Writing Requirements for the features to be tested based on the design documents and business analysis.
- Creating the Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Sets accordingly associated with each requirement for acceptance, functional and integration testing.
- Involved in all phases of testing like Smoke, Functional, User interface, and System testing, Regression, Performance, Volume, and Stress testing.
- Verification and validation of the application to ensure that it meets all defined business requirements and associated functionality.
- Extensively involved in web testing application.
- Performed Black box, Unit, Integration, End-to-End, and Regression tests phases.
- Utilized HTML validation tools to check the documents for conformance to W3C standards.
- Performed manual testing for web functionalities.
Environment: HTML, SQL, API, Win Runner, Visual Basic, MS-Access and Windows NT
Confidential Nov' 99 - Jul 2000
Quality Assurance Engineer / Computer Programmer
- Involved in design, analyses and maintenance of pages in the channels.
- Designed user interface experiences based on target audience.
- Developed test strategies, scripts, cases and plans for Client Server application testing.
- Automated the Test cases using WinRunner for Regression testing.
- Automation includes writing Test scripts in TSL.
- Created GUI, Bitmap Verification points in Test scripts.
- Used database checkpoints for checking the number of rows, number of columns and to edit the expected results of a database.
- Performed data validation testing.
- Performed Data-driven testing using data tables in WinRunner.
- Created Synchronization points to synchronize the Test script to the application speed.
- Used GUI map configuration, Virtual Object wizards to map a custom.
- GUI object class to a standard WinRunner GUI object class.
- Created user defined functions to enhance the maintainability of test scripts.
- Executed test cases and analyzed results.
- Supported defect management process and reported defects to external teams using quality methodologies.
Environment: Windows 2000, Oracle 8i RDBMS, SQL, WinRunner, Test Director.
Confidential Apr' 96 - Nov' 99
Software Developer and Quality Assurance Engineer
- Worked as a programmer in developing Invoice Management Application for the company
- Was involved in collecting and sorting data.
- Worked with product management team to understand product requirements, performance limitations and functionality.
- Developed and maintained test case documentation to validate product requirements.
- Worked in a fast paced, schedule-driven environment.
- Ensured all products released meet or exceed defined quality goals.
- Targeted and identified problem areas and investigated potential causes and fixes.
- Wrote Visual Basic script functions to validate form data.
- Tested the application both manually and by using automation tools.
- Developed front end GUI.
- Formatted the web pages using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Involved in handling, testing and maintenance of a complete module.
- Involved in developing crystal reports of the invoice.
Adobe Photoshop, MS FrontPage, MS PowerPoint
- BS in Engineering, India
Relocation: Bay Area, CA ONLY