To be involved in imperative Software Testing Techniques through various Software Testing Methodologies and to possess a challenging position utilizing my abilities of test lead experience.
- 8 years of experience as a QA Lead and Tester, this includes manual testing and automation testing...
- Good functional knowledge and extensive testing experience in Insurance, Banking, Real Time Trading, Financial and Capital Markets Service Industry.
- Good experience with working on Offshore-Onsite model and leading teams.
- Diversified experience in testing Client Server, Web based applications and financial C++, .Net and JAVA designed systems.
- Earned reputation for meeting demanding deadlines and delivering critical solutions on various levels of Quality Assurance.
- Adapted to technical skills in functional and regression testing of various organizations.
- Good experience in developing test automation scripts using Quick Test Professional (data driven) for regression and functional testing.
- Extensive experience in manual testing and Specialized in writing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scripts, Test cases, Test Designs, Test Analysis and Testing Life Cycle and creation of Test data and following SDLC.
- Well experienced in documenting and translation of Functional Specifications into Test Objectives and writing detailed Test Scripts.
- Executed test cases and document results via defect tracking system.
- Good experience in QA Methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent experience doing backend testing using SQL..
- Extensive experience in Functional Testing, Database Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Security Testing, Black box testing and creation of test cases for User Acceptance Testing(UAT) .
- Experience in database testing in SQL server
- Good Understanding of Basic UNIX.
- Very good experience in doing Manual Testing by using defect management tools like Test Director, Quality Center and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent experience in defect reporting by using Test Director, Quality Center and Clear Quest.
- A self and quick learner and can learn new technologies very fast
Testing Tools: Quality Center, SOAP UI, QTP, Load Runner, Visual Studio
Microsoft Tools: MS office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visual Studio, TFS)
Operating System: Windows XP/2000/98/95
Databases: MS SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle 10g/9i/8i
Programming: C, C++, Java, SQL
Languages: HTML, XML, SQL, Visual Basic
Bug Tracking Tool: Test Director/ Mercury Quality Center 9.2, 10.0, MS-TFS
Scripts: TSL, VB script, Java Script
Browser : Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Safari, Google Chrome
Other Tool: SQL plus, QC, UNIX, SOAP UI, Selenium
Confidential,KY Aug 2011 - Present
Project: eFIT (Fulfillment Interactive Tool)
Role: QA Team Lead
eFIT is an Intuitive, out bound email Tool to enable timely, Dynamic, Representative- Initiated Communication to customers and prospects. Communication will be customizable and personalized based on pre approved content and Template that can be sent in One –To-One / One to - many Format.
- Primary responsibilities as the Lead Quality Assurance Analyst (Agile methodology) for eFIT applications.
- Discussed extensively with developers, customer care in depth about the problems in design, functionality to make the application more user friendly.
- Estimation for projects, Test plan and test case preparation, Execution of test cases and logging defects.
- Coordinating between offshore and onsite for Multiple Projects
- Send Daily and weekly Project status reports and reviews.
- Created test data and performed Data base testing.
- Log, track, and verify resolution of software and specification defects along with documenting all phases of QA process using Quality Center 11.0.
- Performed Functional, Regression and End to End testing.
- Participated in UAT with editors and product teams and guided, supported them in testing.
Confidential,June 2010- August 2011
Project: Oracle Enterprise Taxation Management
Role: QA Lead
Oracle Enterprise Taxation Management is specifically designed to support the challenges of tax and revenue agencies worldwide, expanding Oracle\'s commitment to the public sector industry. It is a secure, tax-specific, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software solution that enables tax and revenue authorities to optimize all aspects of the revenue collection and billing processes and quickly respond to tax law and regulatory changes.
- Leading the Tax Team
- Participate in the creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews.
- Send Daily Project status reports
- Delegating work on daily basis and review
- Development and execution of test plans and test scripts.
- Attend weekly status meetings.
- Functional and Regression testing.
- Documented test cases using Quality Center and logged the defects in the Defects Module of Quality Center.
- Performed system testing and adhoc testing.
- Performed Soup UI Testing.
- Assist in User Acceptance testing for knowledge transfer and bug fixing.
- Managed project documents centrally and defined action items and project issues using SharePoint.
Confidential,TX Mar 08 –Jun2010 Project: Online Shopping
Role: Sr. QA Analyst
Cricket Wireless is the mobile phone carrier and this project is for Cricket website i.e. testing the functionality of the Online Shopping Module. It involved searching for mobile phones and its related accessories. Add the product to shopping cart, create the purchase order and send it to the warehousing department.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycle.
- Analyzed the user requirements and interacted with system architects, developers and business users.
- Reviewed Business Requirements Documents and the Technical Specifications Documents and developed test plans and executed test cases, test scenarios to test the functionality using the Quality Center.
- Recorded, maintained & tracked defects, assigned type & priority/severity level.
- Converted manual test scripts to automated test scripts in Quick Test Professional.
- Executed test scripts using QTP for Regression testing.
- Detected Defects, communicated to the developers using Bug Reporting Tool and tracking the Defects using Quality Center.
- Developed cases to test the backend Database by retrieving the data for the tables using SQL queries.
- Discussed extensively with developers, customer care in depth about the problems in design, functionality to make the application more user friendly
- Participated in Walkthroughs and Defect report meetings periodically.
Confidential,May 06 – Feb 08 Project: ATM Deposit Image
Role: QA Analyst
Bank of America is one of the world\'s largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. Cash back for check deposit, new features in all languages, cash deposit (no envelops), voice guidance support for blind people etc.
- Analyzed and reviewed the Requirements and Design documents and understood the system implementation.
- Involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Prepared Test Cases and developed Test Matrix for various scenarios.
- Executed test cases manually and verified actual results against expected results.
- Involved in Test case design.
- Performed Smoke testing and adhoc testing of the applications.
- Performed Stress Testing.
- Performed Regression testing, Functional testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Executed scripts to load the source files into the system using UNIX.
- Validated the data in the system & the source files using SQL queries.
- Attended daily status meetings, go no-go meetings.
- Created status reports.
- Identified defects and logged defect using Test Director/Quality Center.
- Attended defect meetings and tested production defects.
Confidential,AZ May 05– Apr 06
Project: Tam System
Role: QA Analyst
GE Capital is a leading financial corporate providing various financial products to some millions of people across world. TAM (Time and Attendance Management System) is an ERP module which tracks their Employees/Contractors & Consultants on the following features 1) Working Hours & Over Time 2) Daily Attendance and 3) Leave System synchronized for their Payroll system. This system gives the HR Department the administrator right to manipulate the existing data and introduce new data to execute their new policies.
- Analyzed user and business requirements for the new build and compared those with the old build to modify test plans for positive and negative scenarios for functional and performance testing.
- Prepared Test Plan and templates to create test cases, test scripts.
- The whole application was manually tested before going for the automated testing.
- Performed the Positive and Negative Testing, User Interface Testing on the application.
- Performed Manual and Automated Regression testing after every build Installation.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and test management.
- Executed the Performance testing Using Load Runner to analyze the behavior of the application under different load conditions.
- Kept track of the bugs, decided their priority and then assigned them to different developers.
- Attended status review meetings, interacted with developers, Architects to resolve the issues.