- 12+ years’ experience in Information Technology. Experience in Business Analysis, Testing, Test Analysis, and Test Management.Extensisive knowledge and experience of Banking and Banking systems totalling 32 years.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Financial Backend systems.
- Extensive experience and understanding of the Design and configuration of the General Ledger Systems.
- Extensive experience in gathering, documenting financial flows and testing of General Ledger Requirements for Card and Merchant Systems ( Confidential / Confidential / Confidential)
- Experience in facilitating JAD sessions/Requirements gathering
- Effective gathering of Business Requirements and documenting BRD/FSD
- Excellent Requirements analysis and value add on peer reviews on Requirements
- Extensive experience in facilitating and conducting UAT for projects across the Bank.
- Excellent Test Management and Leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams
- In depth understanding of SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, understanding of Agile (Scrum)
- Excellent Test Planning, Estimation, and Test Project Management skills
- Experience working with the different types of testing that includes System testing, Integration testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Excellent problem solving skills, experience in working group projects, desire, and ability to learn new technologies and quickly adapt to different work environments.
- Well versed in Change Management, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Project Planning.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well versed in interpreting, testing and validating Data Migrations for Financial Banking Systems (As is and to be analysis)
Software Languages: SQL
Software Methodology: Waterfall, Agile/Lean Principles/RFP/Vendor Evaluation Process
Tools: MS Visio, MS SharePoint., RFT, Service Manager
Project Management Tools: MS Project, RASCI Matrix
Data Analytics: SAS, Excel/Access/Word/Power Point
Systems: Hogan CSC, GL Configurations
Software Test Management
- Effectively completed all Testing Documentation: Test Plans; Test Cases; Test Scripts/Traceability Matrix/Lessons Learnt
- Metric reporting Testing progress to all Stakeholders
- Defect Management - logging; reporting; updating defects
Automation Test Manager
- Planned, directed, and coordinated test activities of medium to large sized projects and ensured that the project goals were accomplished within the time frames
- Ensured Financial Management for Testing Project budgets
- Consulted with Senior Management and Functional Test Managers across various functional areas to review test project proposals, to determine goals, time frames, funding limitations and procedures for accomplishing the testing of projects including staffing requirements and allotment of resources
- Discussed and determined Business Objectives with clients who required Automation of Manual Testing (Worked with a management team on RFP - Request for Proposal; Completed Vendor Evaluation with team)
- Formulated and defined Testing scope and objectives of test projects
- Directed and coordinated the activities of test project resources. Provided effective feedback on resource performance on Project which assisted in development reviews (including room for growth and excellence). Created effective Capacity Plans and Project Forecasts to assist in Resource allocation
- Established and maintained standards and procedures for test project reporting and documentation. Ensured effective implementation within the Testing team and across Functional areas
- Compiled status reports prepared by test project resources (including Defect Management) and modified schedules and plans as required
- Prepared Test Project status reports and kept Management informed of Test Project status
UAT Team Leader
- Developed a UAT team within the testing community by interviewing resources with the help of Management. Formalized UAT for the Card and Merchant Systems of the Bank.
- Effectively created and implemented the UAT Process. Presented the process to all areas of the Bank
- Created and maintained all the Artefacts necessary for UAT.
- Effectively managed the team to produce quality UAT tasks for every release (templates, test scenarios, test data, sign off)
- Created an effective Model office environment for Business Users testing activities
- Created an effective Testing Data base for all Testing Cards in the Test Environment, controlled the stock of cards, created a logging process which was adhered to by all testers in the environment which ensured data integrity and control of test cards
- Effectively communicated UAT Progress on a Daily and weekly basis to all Stakeholders (understanding and analyzing risks and changes to requirements)
- Produced Monthly Reports of UAT for each release reflecting issues that were experienced (Issues Log). Lessons Learnt documentation produced, and solutions and recommendations discussed with management, testing and Business areas to improve processes and quality of releases. (Metrics used to measure quality of Releases proved that the releases improved with quality over time)
- Achieved the success of UAT and as a result the team to expanded to conduct UAT for other areas within the Bank e.g. HR (Human Resource) System changes
Financial Systems SME Business Analyst and Test Manager
- Possessed effective domain knowledge and understanding of the Operational Business area, reconciliation and balancing processes in production and Testing environments
- Deep understanding of Financial System flows, reporting and General Ledger which assisted in making decisions and recommendations for Business and Development
- Worked with various areas within the Bank I.e. Development, Project Managers, Test Managers, and Business areas to understand Product requirements and how these would affect Financial Integrity of all projects in a Release
- Understood end to end functionality of Integrated Deposit Systems (DDA/Savings/Loans)
- Gathered and created AS IS and TO BE Financial flows, recommended changes, updated configuration items, requested General Ledger accounts to be opened or closed to suite requirements (Standard Chart of Accounts - Income/Balance Sheet/Fees)
- Completed BRS (Business Requirements Document) and FSD (Functional Systems Design) for Business Requirements
- Engaged with the Testing Teams to ensure requirements were understood for effective Test Case and Test Script development
- Conducted Team/Peer Reviews on BRS/FSD
- Directed and guided JAD sessions
- Created an effective team of Financial Integrity Testers to support all projects in the release; Line Managed staff within the team
- Analyzed outages experienced in the Production environment and undertook route course analysis and recommendations for change. Excellent problem solving skills
- Conducted Training to all areas who required General Ledger knowledge, Created Training material, obtained sign off from Financial Managers for each release
- Recommended Automation for the Reconciliation System. Completed the Balancing Requirements for the Automation of the System; then effectively tested the automated system which saved much time and manual effort, with reduction in staff and increased savings for the Bank (Enhancing Operational Processes)