- 9+ years as Software Test Engineer with Manual & Automated Testing skills, using Selenium/Java/TestNG, HP’s QTP & Mercury QC, Jira/Stash & Bit Bucket.
- Worked with UNIX shell & Java code for Selenium automation.
- Testing domains included the Transit/Transportation Services, Banking & Financial, Mobile Apps and Healthcare Industry.
- Experience in writing and executing Test Plans, Test Protocols and Test Cases as well as solely managing functional and regression on Applications and UAT with end clients.
- Experience in testing of mobile apps, web apps, and functional, regression testing of complex systems. Familiar with PCI compliance, ADA testing and Server - side & Database testing.
- Worked on projects in the Agile/Scrum environment and through all phases of the STLC.
- Prior to QA role, worked as a Software Developer, working in C, C++, Database management & Reporting systems and helped develop diverse applications including AT&T’s Network Provisioning & Management, Financial systems and Windows 8 Mobile App development.
- I have executed projects throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC) including Requirements gathering, Design & Development, Application Testing, Deployment and Production Support as required.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and am a dedicated team player with a passion for product quality while meeting deadlines & tight schedules.
- Quick learner, hard-working, goal oriented with customer focus & respect for time constraints. Possess excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills.
Operating Systems: UNIX/C, Windows XP/7/8/10, Windows Phone 8 development in Visual Studio
Software Tools/Languages: Selenium, Java, TestNG, C, C++, C#, Unix Shell scripting, QTP (VB scripting), QC
Database Systems: MySQL, Oracle SQL Developer, Informix (SQL, ESQL/C), Microsoft SQL Server
Areas of Testing: Manual, Automated Testing, Web-based & Mobile Applications, Hardware/Software interface testing, UAT, End-to-end System Integration & Regression testing.
Version Control Tools: Stash/Bit Bucket, Tortoise SVN, SABLE, MS SharePoint 2010, GIT (Atlassian)
Defect Management: JIRA, Quality Center (ver. 9.2)
Other Tools: Eclipse IDE, TestNG, Familiar with SoapUI, Visual Studio 2012 framework, HTML, XML & JSON
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
Software Test Engineer
- Employed as a Software Test Engineer in their Ticket Sales and Fare Collection QA Team, I was responsible for Manual & Automation testing of their existing and new projects in Metro Transit Systems.
- I was the QA Lead for 4 new projects acquired by Xerox during that time and developed the QA Test plan & test cases for all including UAT documentation.
- Xerox Transit Customers included New Jersey Transit (NJT), RTD Denver Transit, LA’s Metrolink system, GCRTA Cleveland Transit, Charlotte Area Transit (CATS), and Houston Metro.
- Responsibility involved testing of proprietary software in various Fare Collection machines of the Transit systems. This included software in their Ticket Vending machines (TVM), Customer Service Operator machines (TOMs), Platform Validators, Gate controllers, Handheld Validators.
- Also performed manual & automated testing of Web-based Ticketing & Sales applications, and functional testing of Android & iOS mobile applications.
- Projects involved Client-based Smart Card testing (reusable tap-n-go tickets), Subscription-based ticketing (auto-fill program for smart cards).
- QA responsibility included verifications of all Reporting Applications within the Ticket Sales & Fare Collection System, Transit Administration, Management & Alarm Monitoring Systems for each client; upgrading & testing systems for price and tariff updates, System Configurations, bug fixes and new feature implementation.
- Was responsible for designing and developing the Automation Test framework for a Denver Metro web application using Selenium Web driver and TestNG. This was done by writing automation scripts in core Java code using Selenium. Responsible for developing and executing of these automation scripts as part of Regression and System testing.
- Automation Frameworks developed and used were: Record/Playback; Data Driven Framework; & Modular Framework for reusable components.
- Developed scripts for Data Driven frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Eclipse IDE. Test Scripts were developed with extensive parameterizations using multiple actions to categorize tests using Page Object Model POM implementation for reusability and run as Regression suites.
- Used data tables for input data verification on forms data using Apache POI plugin. Wrote framework to perform DB testing & email verification using java code for SE web driver.
- Wrote SQL queries for back end database testing and data validation, tested stored procedures & other DB cleanup tasks.
- Responsibilities also included writing/updating Test Plans, Test cases in Protocols & documenting test results for these Clients and assisting in UAT, Web Service testing using SOAPUI, and Defect Management.
- Performed White Box testing techniques for testing solution's internal coding and infrastructure. Code-based testing was used for bug fixes during integration and system testing. Testing focused primarily on strengthening security by testing data domains and internal boundaries, the flow of inputs and outputs through the application, and improving design and usability. Test data was designed accordingly.
- Also used Gray-box testing techniques to verify software correctness against requirements especially during web applications testing and functional or business domain testing of new enhancements. It helped to confirm that software met the requirements defined and was based on detailed functional requirements, design documents and database diagrams for test case generation.
- Project utilized Atlassian JIRA products for Defect & Agile/Scrum Project Management, and Stash/Bit Bucket for project documentation and test results.
- Performed hardware testing of new rollout machines for NJ Transit, component testing for printer hardware & coin system software, Server-side testing, Banking Interface and Server testing, ADA & PCI compliance testing & system load testing
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Mobile Tester & Windows DeveloperResponsibilities:
- As QA Test Lead for their development team, I was responsible for:
- Testing their proprietary mobile platform applications on Android, iOS, Blackberry & Windows Phone 8 platforms. Testing primarily done on devices as well as iOS Simulators, Android & Windows Phone Emulators.
- Worked as a liaison QA lead between the engineering & professional services teams for testing, reviewing system & regression test plans for various mobile applications in the all 3 OS environments.
- Manually tested various mobile apps for implementation & feature enhancements before release to further system testing. Moved between several projects fluidly as base framework remained same.
- Testing done on Mobile apps included platforms for Education, Healthcare & Insurance clients like Partners Healthcare, domestic & foreign Universities & the Chilean Government. Clients listed on www.moofwd.com.
- Also maintained project documents & defect management in Atlassian JIRA. Project utilized Atlassian JIRA products for Defect & Agile/Scrum Project Management, along with GIT Version control. Followed up with SE’s and maintained progress reports for upper management.
- As part of the team, helped debug programs that used interfaces implemented in Java & Java FX (UI) development,
Windows Phone 8 & C# environment and worked with programs and inputs involving XML and JSON parsing utilities. As part of team, I also worked on and gained experience with Network APIs and other mobile enterprise software.
Confidential, Monmouth Junction, NJ
- QA Test Lead for CHAP HealthCare system, an online healthcare marketplace that assisted customers with maintaining their health Confidential, determining the availability of medical-related services, making appointments or otherwise transacting business with in-network healthcare providers.
- Was responsible for writing and executing Manual test plan & test cases for the application and features developed in several sprints (agile/scrum methodology) as well as End-to-End (regression) testing phases of entire website.
- Reviewed Functional Requirements & met users to gather additional criteria for detailing Test Plans.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings & was the contact person for QA team between development team, business clients & graphics design team.
- Maintained records of test progress, documented test results to report results to the upper management and business clients on an as-needed basis. Maintained QA progress & defects in Microsoft Sharepoint 2010.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
Jr. QA TesterResponsibilities:
- Worked on their in-house web applications/projects for their Banking Clients (WAMU, Wachovia).
- Web Application was designed for internal bank use of their Private Banking Clients for their Checking & Savings Accounts. Systems involved managing Customer Confidential & Accounts, Master Account Confidential, Transfers, Customer Transactions, Reports & back-end Bank Administrative tools for Personal Banking.
- Responsible for writing and executing End-to-End test cases for various web pages in project.
- Responsibilities involved Manual testing of application extensively and later helped in converting cases to Automation .
- Tests were automated using Mercury’s QTP (v. 9.2) using VB scripts as well as writing and updating test cases as system requirements changed.
- Wrote test plans for all levels of testing. Maintained records of test progress, documented test results to report results to the upper management as needed. Prepared Test Plan Document & automated test scripts for User acceptance.
- Partnered with System Analysts to validate User cases and requirements & participated in various brainstorming sessions with Web Designers & Developers to derive scenarios to be transformed into test cases.
- Assisted in importing and exporting the Test Cases and results from Excel to Quality Center.
- Used Unix Shell scripts to run weekly automated scripts for performance & load testing, dumped database queries for transaction testing of application data and ran automated regression test scripts before releases.
- Worked with Quality Center for Requirements & Release Management, Test Case management, Reporting and Defect Tracking and Defect Management using QC ver. 9.0.
- Loaded Test Data as well as scheduled Test runs as part of Test Support team.