- Around 9 years of experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Quality Assurance (QA) in both Manual and Automation testing as a SDET.
- Extensively automated a good number of simple to complex applications using Selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in automating test cases with using Test Complete, Text Execute for window based applications.
- Well versed with building data driven ad behavior driven automation test scripts by utilizing existing automation framework.
- Experienced in Preparing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Strategy, and Test Scenario's, Test data, Test log and Defect Reports.
- Experience Tester in Agile Development Environment Using TDD and BDD.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum/JIRA environment
- Continuous Integrations and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) process using Jenkins in combination with Maven, ant.
- Experience with logging and monitoring platforms like Splunk.
- Experience with Test Automation tools such as Selenium, TestNG, Junit, Jenkins.
- Experienced in Test Design for functional and non - functional requirements.
- Extensive experience in testing system in various phases Integration, System, User Acceptance Testing, and Regression testing.
- Experience in cross browser and multi device testing for different platforms and browsers using cloud browser stack.
- Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL databases, search/caching systems like Elasticsearch, SaaS platforms like Salesforce, etc.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in Web Services using SOAP UI, Rest API.
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies, policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Well versed in Waterfall, Agile (Scrum, RUP), and prototype methodologies as part of product development cycles, processes involved in developing and executing test scripts for all phases of multiple software deployment/releases.
- Involved in database Testing using Oracle and SQL server with Toad tool.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL Queries, extract data from SQL Server, MySQL, DB2 and Oracle.
- Handled configuration tools like GitHub, BitBucket
- Experienced in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, and Selenium Web Driver), JUnit, Eclipse, Cucumber, and preparation of automation test framework with Page Object model (POM) and Page factory using Core JAVA.
- Experienced in working with Internal/External vendors, and Custom applications
- Ability to interact with developers and product analysts regarding application analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment with resource constraints.
Automation Testing Performance Testing & Management Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/Web driver/Grid, SOUP UI, HP ALM, HP Load Runner, UFT(QTP), JIRA, Postman/Jetpacks, JUNIT, TestNG, Rational Performance Tester, Version One, Star UML, JIRA
Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012/2014, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access
Operating System: Windows 9X/ 2000/ XP, Vista, MS DOS, Linux, Mac.
IDE/SourceControl: Eclipse, Visual Studio, VSS, TFS, SVN.
Browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Confidential, Plano TX
Automation Test Analyst
- Followed agile process to achieve in sprint automation for all user stories and work closely with developers to automate user story with development.
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, and data mapping requirement specifications interacting with client, developers and QA team.
- Created Test Strategy Document outlining the scope, objectives, timeline and focus of software testing effort for functional, regression, user acceptance.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created the API test suite using Groovy Script, Nightwatch, mocha frameworks using Java Script.
- Created tests for CICD process using Jenkins jobs and setup test environment on runtime using Node JS packages in windows and Linux.
- Developed Selenium test cases using TestNG framework.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Groovy Script and TestNG.
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Modification and execution of Test Case Scripts (Java-Selenium WebDriver) in Eclipse IDE, design of automation test framework (TestNG and Maven).
- Used Cucumber automated testing to test new and existing functionality.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script and followed the CICD process (scale up & running in different salves).
- Implemented Data-Driven test to verify the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Defect testing and exploratory testing/Ad-hoc testing was performed after each build.
- Performed UI testing, Database testing after reviewing the story cards and database diagram.
- Created automation scripts in REST for web services testing.
- Defects were Tracked, Reviewed and Analyzed using JIRA.
- Created selenium based scripts using POM and TestNG.
- Worked closely with development and project management teams for effective defect management and verify resolved bugs and track enhancements made to product.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using JIRA.
- Used version control repository like GIT, BitBucket
- Involved in testing the database and data validation using RDS Postgres, Elasticsearch and AWS Dynamo DB Queries.
- Developed BDD Scripts in cucumber
- Worked with developer to reproduce the bugs and to resolve usability issues during UAT.
- Created Regression Document to track and report testing activities during each phase of testing, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, logged defects and their status, performance baselines.
Environment: s: Selenium Web Driver, Groovy Script, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, Eclipse, RDS, BDD, Core Java, JIRA, TestNG, Firebug, BitBucket, XPath, UNIX.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Automation Test lead
- Analyzed system specifications and business requirements and helped create the detailed Test Plan.
- Enhanced Selenium WebDriver automation framework according to the requirements
- Integrated Mobile components and reusable libraries to existing framework
- Monitor test execution and perform test execution scheduling using Jenkins
- Developed test scripts using Groovy Script, Executed Automated Test Scripts & Analyzed the results
- Executed SOAP based web services for API testing (Java client and SoapUI).
- Involved in meetings with Business analysts to derive detailed Cucumber feature files.
- Built & executed Smoke and Regression automation suite using Selenium and TestNG
- Ran the SQL queries for checking the data stored in the database.
- Integrated Extent reports to the existing framework
- Developed and executed various scripts using Selenium for automated testing of various functionalities.
- Involved in the UAT testing and Implementation testing and successfully rolled out multiple sub-projects.
- Created Test Suits to do Functional and Data Driven Testing on the Web Services.
- Implemented Automation using Selenium, Groovy Script, Core Java and JIRA.
- Created automation framework and test scripts in JAVA using Selenium for multiple platforms and browsers testing.
- Performed Functional testing for the applications developed in Oracle EBS.
- Followed the Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation.
- Created test cases to perform different types of testing such as positive/negative, functional/regression, interface, black box, screen navigational testing, smoke/sanity testing, exploratory testing or Backend testing.
- Automated Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium and Groovy Script.
- Wrote complex SQL scripts for Backend testing and Frontend Data validations.
- Worked in Agile Testing and participated meetings every day in iterative environment.
- Used SQL queries to validate the data between the backend and the front end.
- Implemented selenium scripts in TDD
- Coordinated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the UAT group to ensure the correct business logic.
Environment: Jira, Agile, Scrum, UAT, Oracle, EBS, Selenium, Groovy Script, Java, UNIX, SQL, J2EE, Restful Web Services, XML, MS Access, TDD,MS Office, Windows.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Soap and Restful Web Services Testing.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML , JSON files.
- Involved in testing of services using SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script .
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC and Groovy script as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Preparing the Load Runner Scenarios and Executing the Scripts in Controller machine and analyzing the results.
- Involved in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman , Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Involved in automation tools in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC to develop automation testing scripts for the applications.
- Involved in designing of Automation Test cases using Selenium WebDriver with Java on Eclipse.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Selenium Grid, JAVA, JUnit , TestNG , Maven , Jenkins
- Proven ability in developing BDD/TDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior.
- Involved in preparing the functional test cases using test design techniques data validation concepts Equivalence partitioning , boundary value analysis .
- Prepared test data document and Involved in generation of bug and test case execution reports.
- Good Experience in Agile methodology with SCRUM Process for the product development.
- Logged and managed defects using Quality Center/ALM defect management tool
- Involved in writing SQL Queries for backend testing.
- Added performance measurements for Oracle , Web Logic , and IIS in Load Runner Test Center.
- Involved in writing automated scripts for angular JS application using Protractor and Java script .
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath , Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, SOAP UI, SQL, Oracle, Junit, Eclipse, Java, BDD, TDD, Load runner, HTML, agile, GIT, HP ALM/QC .
Confidential, SFO, CA
- Analysis of functional specifications and designing Test Plans, Test cases for Functional Testing.
- Actively participation in GUI testing, Functional testing, System testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing.
- Involved in integration testing of different modules.
- Modification and execution of Test Case Scripts (Java-Selenium) in Eclipse IDE, design of automation test framework (Junit and Maven).
- Wrote test cases and performed Manual Testing like Positive Testing and Negative Testing, Regression, Integration, Unit Testing.
- Performed requirements Analysis, Risk analysis, Dependency Analysis and Issues/Problems Analysis.
- Designing and documenting the test cases in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaboration with development and QA on test execution.
- Analysis and isolation of issues reported from clients.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Used SQL Queries for backend testing to check the data integrity and data consistency.
- Interaction with developers to report software bugs and re-test the fixed issues.
- Involved in Creating check lists for testing team.
Environment: Java, Junit, Selenium, HTML, SQL, PL SQL, Unix/Linux.
- Analyzed Test specifications and converted them into Manual Test cases.
- Developed Test plan and Test cases based on system requirements and software performance standards.
- Well acquainted with Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Worked in Agile/Scrum software development testing environment.
- Performed Manual Black box, Functional, GUI, Regression, Re-testing.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing & general site validations of web page objects such as HTML links & images.
- Work with release management for regular releases, Smoke testing on each release.
- Identified the initial setup input data appropriate steps and the expected responses in the manual test cases.
- Performed positive and negative testing by valid and invalid data inputs.
- Reported the defects to Bugzilla in timely manner and followed up with the developer's team till they got closure.
- Testing in an E-commerce/SaaS environment.
- Participated in scrum meetings with project teams to ensure that the functionalities of the applications are feasible and can meet requirements.
Environment: Manual Testing, HTML, DHTML, Bugzilla, SaaS environment SQL, Oracle, Windows XP, Internet Explorer, Chrome, MS Office.