- Over 4+years of IT experience in Quality Assurance and Data Analysis of various business applications in Client/Server environments, Web - based applications, Data Warehousing solutions, ETL and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Experienced in defining Testing methodologies, Designing Test Plans and Test Cases, Verifying and Validating Data for several ETL and BI applications and documentation based on standards for Software Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Migration, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification.
- Experience in Functional testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Integration testing, GUI Testing, Security testing, Smoke testing, System Integration Testing SIT, Software Validation testing, Configuration testing, Interface testing, Stress and Performance Testing.
- Experience with Automating test scripts using Selenium IDE
- Creating Scripts for Regression testing using Selenium web driver in Java environment.
- Strong experience in UNIX shell scripting, writing UNIX wrapper scripts and monitoring the UNIX logs to check for any errors.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL SERVER 2005 &2008 and experience working within agile development team.
- Extensive testing ETL experience using Informatica 9.1 (Power Center/ Power Mart) (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Server Manager)
- Expertise on VSTS suite for functional automation testing and performance testing.
- Hands on experience on SOAP UI, HP ALM, coded UI and selenium functional testing tool.
- Experience in Functionality Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Exploratory Testing, Adhoc testing, UI testing, Localization Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Ability to take responsibility on individual tasks. Excellent quick learner and team player.
- Experienced in all testing phases like BDR walkthrough, Test Plan development, Test Scenario preparation, Test case development, Reviews, Test Case Execution, Defect reporting, Defect tracking.
- Possess a good knowledge of various testing concepts in the user environment along with the ability to understand Functional Requirements.
- Experienced in executing test cases effectively and efficiently to test the application functionality against the requirements manually.
- Analyzing the bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects.
Automation Testing Tools and Technology: HP Quality Center, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, C, C++, Java, JUnit, SOAP UI
Testing methods: Automation Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing,, Smoke Testing, Build Verification Testing, Software Compatibility Testing, Performance Testing
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.x/9.x, Ab Initio and Datastage
BI/ Reporting Tools: IBM Cognos 8.0
Technologies & Platforms: SharePoint, VMWare WorkStation, SQL, XML, HTML
ETL/BI Test Engineer
- Involved in ETL process testing using Informatica ETL tool.
- Performed Integration, End-to-End, system testing
- Involving in Functional Testing & Regression Testing
- Worked with Business Analysts to define testing requirements to satisfy the business objectives.
- Developing Automated Test Scripts to perform Functional Testing, Performance Testing, Integration Testing, Stress Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing and Volume testing of the application using LoadRunner
- Involving in writing SQL queries and Database Checkpoints to verify data quality and calculations, reviews
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language
- Extensively worked with backend activities for testing several reports developed by IBM Cognos tool. Written several complex SQL queries.
- Performed data validation testing writing SQL queries.
- Wrote complex queries in Teradata SQL assistant to check the data from Source and Target.
- Used Performed Database metadata validation before loading the data into the target tables.
- Performed Data Validation by testing the delta/daily and reconcile/data loads.
- Supported the extraction, transformation and load process (ETL) for a Data Warehouse from their legacy systems using Informatica.
- Working on Quality Center for creating and documenting Test Plans and Test Cases and register the expected results
- Experience assessing testing processes, creating and implementing testing strategies in UAT phase.
- Preparing documentation for some of the recurring defects and resolutions and business comments for those defects
- Developed UNIX scripts to validate the flat files and to automate the manual test cases.
- Developing Test Matrix to give a better view of testing effort
Environment: Informatica 9.1, Informatica Data Validation Option DVO, SQL, PL/SQL, Remedy, DB2, Selenium 2.4, Oracle 11g, TOAD, XML, PuTTy, Quality Center 10, TFS Team Foundation Server, MS Visual Studio, Cognos 10, Autosys, SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Windows XP, UNIX.
ETL Test Engineer
- Involved in developing Test Strategy and Test scenarios
- Actively interacted with Business Analyst and developers in clarifying the requirements
- Involved in writing and reviewing Test Scenarios, test cases and reports
- Involved in web service testing using SOAP UI
- Tested ETL jobs as per business rules using ETLdesign document
- Created SQL compare statements to validate Actual results with the Expected Results and written complex SQL queries for validating Cognos Reports.
- Involved Executed test cases, and test scenarios for User Acceptance UAT, Functional and Regression test cases.
- Extensively used Informatica Power Center for Extraction, Transformation and Loading process.
- Extensively tested several ETL Mappings developed using Informatica.
- Worked with Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
- Created and executed both load and functional tests for web services
- Analyzed recorded and modified client-server traffic using an HTTP monitor
- Tested the application in different Web Browser and on Multiple platforms-UNIX, Linux And windows
- Involved Worked on Informatica Workflow Manager to run the workflows and monitored the status and logs in Workflow Monitor.
- Involved in Unit testing using C#
- Created Feature files and Step definitions by writing automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver, Java, Junit in Eclipse IDE
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
- Used Tested the functionality of Ab Initio graphs.
- Tested the ETL graphs and other ETL Processes DW Testing .
- Prepared Test Scenarios by creating Mock data based on the different test cases.
- Implemented Cross Browser testing using Selenium API for Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE
- Performed Build Verification testing, Functional testing and Regression testing
- Actively participated in daily scrum standup meetings and reviews
Environment: Informatica 9.1, QualityCenter 9.0,Ab Initio 2.12, Oracle 10g, MS Office, .Net, Visual Studio, C#, Watin, UnitTesting, Performance Testing using Visual Studio Team System, HP QTP 10.0, HP Quality Center 10, Selenium, Eclipse, Unix, Linux
- Participated in business requirement walk through, design walk through and analyzed Business requirements.
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using Test Director for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Involved in Data mapping specifications to create and execute detailed system test plans. The data mapping specifies what data will be extracted from an internal data warehouse, transformed and sent to an external entity.
- Created Test plan, Test Design, Test scripts and responsible for implementation of Test cases as Manual test scripts.
- Involved in Teradata SQL Development, Unit Testing and Performance Tuning
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Created the test environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources.
- Extraction of test data from tables and loading of data into SQL tables.
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the Informatica Mapping
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Cognos Reports.
- Written customized SQL queries for business needs.
- Did automation using PERL and UNIX Shell scripting.
- Reviewed system use cases and functional specs with business and System Analysts.
- Tested the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process. Tested the messages published by ETL tool and data loaded into various databases
- Responsible for Data mapping testing by writing complex SQL Queries using WINSQL
- Experience in creating UNIX scripts for file transfer and file manipulation.
- Validating the data passed to downstream systems.
- Involved in testing data mapping and conversion in a server based data warehouse.
- Involved in testing the UI applications
- Involved in Security testing for different LDAP roles.
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos
- Tested whether the reports developed in Cognos are as per company standards.
- Used Quality Center to track and report system defects
- Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
ENVIRONMENT: Informix, DB2, Java, Cognos, SQL, Teradata V2R4 (MLOAD, FLOAD, FAST EXPORT, BTEQ), XML, IBM AIX 5.3, UNIX, Shell Scripting, WINSQL, Ultra editor, Oracle 8i/9i, DB2, SQL Server 2000, Mainframe, SunOS 5.8, DTS, ERWIN, Windows XP