Over all 8+years of IT experience including 2+ years of experience as a VB Developer and 6+years of experience in software testing for various industries.
- Strong in Software Test Development Life Cycle (STLC)and Test Methodologies.
- Hands on experience in Functional, Regression, Black-box and GUI testing methodsduringvarious stages of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge of WSDL testing through SOAPUI Pro tool.
- Extensive experience in writing test cases, developing and maintaining test scripts.
- Experience in using automation tool QTP.
- Involved in Manual and Automated testing of applications on Windows environments.
- Expertise in problem solving and tracking bug reports using bug tracking Tool QC.
- Experience with Object Oriented and Object Based applications.
- Programming experience in Java, Servlets, Jsp, Jdbc, Java Script, VB, and SQL Server.
Testing Tools: QTP, Quality Center,SoapUI
Operating Systems:Windows XP/NT/2000, MS DOS, UNIX
Languages:Java, JSP,Servlets, Java Script, SQL, PL/SQL,ABAP,C,VB
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MS Access
Web/App Servers: HTML
Reporting tool: Cognos 8.3, Cognos ReportNet1.1
Bachelor of Science
Master of Computer Applications
Confidential, USA (Mar ‘10 Present)
Environments & Tools Quality Center 10.0, Internet Explorer, MS-Excel, Windows XP, Putty, JFP, Chordiant, Tibco, Oracle 10g, Flex, QTP 10.0
Role: QA Tester
Symphony is a three tier multi-generational project that provides customer service and loan origination functionality through different channels. Symphony Gen2 project is to replace Maestro, which is a standalone application used within a CitiFinancial branches for taking a loan application, finding the credit worthiness of the applicant, displaying the various products the customer qualifies and booking a loan for a customer in a systematic manner using agile methodology.
- As a team member working simultaneously in all the teams i.e. CRP and Rules.
- Worked closely with Tibco team and development team to resolve issues.
- Document defects in the defect tracking system and re-test corrected defects.
- Functional, Regression and Negative Testing of Application.
- Analyzing Test Results and defect Reporting.
- Executed the test cases, defect reports and tracked using Quality Center.
- Performed Interface Testing to verify the details of various services(Retrieve customer summary, RetrieveCredit Bureau Report, Apply payment, Verify debit card, Manage Bankruptcy, etc..).
- Performed Regression test on every new builds. Interacted with the developers regarding bug fixes and problem resolution.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings and regular project status meetings related to testing.
- Reported daily status to the relevant leadership and management teams.
Harrisburg PA (Jan ‘08 Feb ’10)
Environment: VS 2008, ASP.Net, Ms-Office, Oracle 10g,PL/SQL, COM+ , HTML, Crystal Reports 11, QTP, Quality Center.
Role: QA Tester
The CHIP and adultBasic Processing System (CAPS) integrates application processing and maintenance for the CHIP and adultBasic programs under a single management environment. The Pennsylvania Insurance Department (PID) has contracts with a variety of insurance companies for providing CHIP and adultBasic coverage. The implementation of CAPS is the result of PID’s initiative to design and develop an integrated system that can be used by all contracted CHIP and adultBasic insurance providers.
- Created test data and test cases for testing.
- Loaded test cases in to Quality Center.
- Written and modified required SQL validation scripts to validate the outputs.
- Executed the test cases, defect reporting and tracked using Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, Regression and GUI testing.
- Performed smoke testing and sanity testing for all the new builds.
- Involved in reviews ofmanual test cases.
- Analyzed the test results and updated the status.
- Conducted regression testing on various builds of the application and reported the defects to the developers using Quality Center for the bug reporting and tracking.
Confidential,,Turlock, CA(June ‘06 Jan’08)
Environment: MSFT Visual Studio 2003,Visio, SharePoint Portal, SQL Server 2000,QTP, QC, Ms-Office, Microsoft BizTalk Server 2004
Role: QA Tester
Non-profit healthcare leader MedicAlert has introduced a new offering, E-HealthKEY, which enables customers to keep an up-to-date record of their medicines and doctors by storing them in an online repository and making the information available to customers at all times.
- Interacted with the developers on a daily basis to discuss the requirement specifications.
- Developed test cases for testing the application.
- Performed smoke testing and sanity testing for the new builds.
- Performed Functional, and Regression tests
- Involved in preparing System Test plans based on user requirements document (URD).
- Preparation of Traceability Matrix for Test Scenarios.
- Tested the application manually by executing test cases prior to automation
- Prepared test data for positive and negative testing used in Data Driven Testing
Client: Confidential,India (Aug‘03 Jan’04)
Environment: Visual Basic 6.0 , Forms 4.5 , Reports 2.5 and Backend SQL Server6.5
Role: VB Developer
This Project was developed for customizing the hired employees
status for every month at the work environment. ETPL was involved in constancy from the past few years so it is 10 billion dollar’s turnover and more than 100 employees are working under ETPL. At this movement it is unable to maintain the status of each employee manually. The status will be calculated based on the ranks given by the different departments of the current working organization of the employee.
- Created forms to enter the details of hired employee
- Created list and combo boxes to select the organizations and employee names and ranks
- Calculated the status of the employee based on the ranks given by the different departments of the current working organizations.
- Created tables in SQL Server
- Established database connections to get the information from and store the information to the database.