- Test engineer with over eight years of diverse experience with testing web - based, e-Commerce, GUI based client/server and mobile applications.
- Vast experience supporting QA project management methodologies including Waterfall, Iterative, Agile/Scrum, CLM, SDLC, and STLC.
- Ability to excel within an agile environment (i.e., user stories, iterative development, continuous integration, shared ownership, test-driven development, etc.)
- Experience with gathering business requirement, studying applications, collecting information from developers and writing test plans.
- Experience with working with business analysts to help understand requirements and to develop test strategies.
- Attended peer review, daily standup, sprint planning, sprint kickoff and defect review meetings where status updates are received and confirmed for current releases.
- Expert in writing and reviewing test plans, test cases, use case, test scripts and test scenarios.
- Expert in writing manual and automated test scripts for functional, regression, system, usability, UAT and mobile testing.
- Well versed in conducting System Integration Testing (SIT), functional testing, regression testing, boundary, black box, white box testing, positive and negative testing, UAT testing, smoke testing and ad hoc testing.
- Used manual and automated testing tools such as HP Quality Center (ALM), Unified Functional Test (UFT), Selenium, SOAP, Ruby Mine, Clear Quest, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Quality Manager (RQM) and Rational Functional Tester (RFT).
- Worked closely with development teams, professional services teams and product managers to define automated components which will be used to validate requirements against the developed software.
- Strong programming skills using C, C++, Java.
- Worked extensively on Java and J2EE Applications and built Java-based automation framework.
- Hands-on experience working with automated regression testing, including UFT, RFT, and Selenium, depending on the client's request.
- Well versed with Section 508 regulations and utilized JAWS for testing.
- Expert in testing applications which have been developed using various mobile technologies which include: J2ME, Android, Net and C# technology, etc.
- Worked closely with developers and other testers to solve technical and end-user issues in UAT environment.
- Experienced with back-end testing using SQL queries on Oracle and SQL Server.
- Worked with multiple databases such as Oracle, SQL server, and MS Access.
- Strong verbal/written communication, presentation, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent technical, analytical, logical and reporting skills.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team while adapting quickly as priorities change.
Operating systems: Windows 2000/XP/Win 7/ Win 10/Unix and Linux.
Programming Languages: C++, C, C#, VB6, VB, .Net, Java
RDBMS: Oracle, MS Access, SQL 2000, My SQL
Test Suites: RQM, ALM, UFT, Selenium, Ruby Mine, SOAP, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Test Manager, Rational Quality Manager (RQM), Requisite Pro, Rational Functional Tester (RFT).
Application Tools: MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, System Architect, Visual Studio .Net.
Web Technologies: HTML, XHTML, VB Script, Jscript, asp, asp.net, ado.net
Other Skills: XML, SDLC, Object Oriented Methodology, Data Modeling, J2EE, .Net Framework
Sr. System Acceptance Tester
Confidential, Washington DC
- Worked within an Agile (CLM) environment and supported software development teams.
- Supported the following Confidential Chief Counsel applications: CASE, eWORD, eTCS, Brief Bank, CCA Check, and Documentum.
- Contributed to the atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations’ Agile project lifecycle.
- Worked with management, development teams, and business analysts to help understand user stories, business requirements, use cases and design documents.
- Reviewed user stories, business requirements, technical specifications, use cases, and design documents.
- Developed test plan, test cases, and test procedures in RQM.
- Participated and facilitated daily Scrum meetings, ad hoc meetings, and retrospective meetings. Provided daily reports, and scribed meeting notes to the team.
- Provided sprint demos and assisted with scrum team estimation of stories while prioritizing work activities according to application needs and customer demand.
- Participated in development and testing peer reviews for test cases and test scenarios which included providing feedback to close gaps.
- Written manual and automated test cases using MS Excel and RQM.
- Performed System Integration Testing (SIT), functional testing, positive and negative testing, GUI testing and regression testing using both manual and automated techniques.
- Utilizing JAWS tool for 508 compliance testing, and responsible for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Logged defects in Clear Quest to track issues found in SAT and from regression testing.
- Worked with testing automation tools such as Selenium Web Driver, J Unit, RFT, and other such tools.
- Responsible for creating new functions and updated existing functions then updated Driver Script in ALM.
- Executed and debugged test cases in RFT and UFT before adding to regression suite, multiple times on each Sprint as necessary.
- Worked with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, and infrastructure automation, such as VMware.
- Worked with Git or other source control management systems (i.e. Subversion).
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts, including ETL, testing, reports, dashboards, data modeling and relational database schemas.
- Worked one on one with customers to provide a demo before each release.
- Identified gaps between business requirements and test requirements within a UAT environment.
- Tested and validated bugs fix in a UAT environment at the customer's discretion
- Submitted testing reports for discovering software bugs and verifying bug fixes.
- Worked with development teams to ensure testing issues are resolved correctly
Environment: Java, .Net, Oracle, SQL, Windows, HTML, XML, MS Office.
Tools: ALM, RQM, UFT, Selenium, RFT, JAWS, SQL ++, Clear Quest, IBM Rational Requisite Pro.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Worked within Agile Team Rooms to support the software development team.
- Participated in peer reviews, Three Amigos, SQA, and defect review meetings for weekly QA testing review on a weekly basis.
- Reviewed requirements to complete test design, planning, executions, defect analysis, documentation, and reporting.
- Designed and created test plans/scenarios and created test data for each of the test environments.
- Validated Corporate Internet Solution (CIS) assets that may impact dependent or external applications.
- Performed cross-browser and Operating Systems standard testing for all CIS assets.
- Worked on Customer Account Management (CAM), Professional Locator (PL), Customer Online Account Support Tool (COAST), OMS, and other CIS applications.
- Validated single send and batch emails by triggering OMS email using SOAP request.
- Tested web services, XML, WSDL using SOAP UI tool.
- Executed automated cucumber scripts using Ruby Mine to automate OMS testing.
- Wrote test cases into the Quality Center (ALM) ran manual test cases from the test lab and logged defects from the defects module.
- Performed browser compatibility testing on all platforms and environments for all reports using Quick Test Pro (UFT).
- Executed automated test scripts for each release by confirming that all changes have been implemented successfully using Quick Test Pro (UFT).
- Ran automated test cases in HP UFT and HP ALM as necessary for regression suite.
- Reported & tracked bugs used quality center to report and track bugs and perform e-mail notifications for developers.
- Checked the log file for errors and verified quarries for UNIX box while testing.
- Verified delivery to the web services and the XML formatted response using SOAP UI.
- Performed data validation and data integration for back-end testing using SQL queries.
- Worked on Confidential ’s mobile project from the kick-off phase and validated their mobile app on various mobile devices, including, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Worked on production night to support the release goes live testing by providing testing support for production.
Environment: C++, Java, Oracle, JSP, SQL, Windows, HTML, XML, MS Office.
Tools: Quality Center (ALM), Quick Test Pro (UFT), Load Runner, SQL Developer, Ruby Mine, Jira, Soap UI, FileZilla, SVN, Jenkins.
Software Test Engineer
Confidential, Dulles, VA
- Worked with software development teams, operations management, and end users to test and document new products and product enhancements.
- Worked with cross-functional groups to ensure all requirements are met.
- Analyzed system design specifications, developed testing plans, test scenarios and test cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Exported requirements and test cases into the Quality Center (QC) and ran manual test cases from test lab and logged any defects.
- Responsible for integration, user acceptance, and system testing.
- Created traceability between requirements and test cases with quality center.
- Developed automation scripts in Quick Test Pro (UFT) to automate smoke and regression testing.
- Involved in testing the GUI by inserting checkpoints in Quick Test Professional scripts for both single and multiple objects.
- Experience in enhancing recorded code, dealing with object properties and dynamic objects by using descriptive programming.
- Performed back-end, regression, ad-hoc, end to end, boundary, GUI, positive and negative testing Application under Test (AUT).
- Checked databases to determine successful transaction of test data from the application established connectivity using SQL commands.
- Created traceability matrix and end of Test Analysis Report (TAR) after every Scrum.
Environment: Java, J2EE, SQL, Windows, UNIX, HTML, XML, MS Office.
Tools: Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, SQL Developer.