- QA Analyst / Software Test Engineer experienced in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Quality Assurance (QA), Software Testing, System Validation, Software Test Life Cycle, QA Standards, and QA Test methodologies.
- Strong Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall software development approaches.
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and developing software test plans, test strategy, test cases, and traceability matrix.
- Extensive analytical and problem - solving skills to determine appropriate testing scenarios and suites to validate the iterative development of products against functional and technical specifications.
- Solid experience in system testing, Integration testing, functional testing, positive testing, negative testing, sanity testing, load and performance testing.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries for data verification, data validation, and data integrity.
- Experience in manual and automated testing using industry standard tool suit HP ALM, Quality Center, JIRA, and Selenium.
- Experience in Software Configuration Management and Change Management.
- Experienced in tracking and logging Defects using ALM and JIRA.
- Experience in Section 508 Compliance testing.
- Experience in developing Test Analyzing Report (TAR).
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with team, initiate action.
Software Testing Tools: ALM (Application Life Cycle Management), JIRA, SOAP UI Quality Center, Selenium IDE, Selenium, WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG
Programming Languages: HTML, SQL, and JAVA
508 Compliance Testing Tools: JAWS, WAVE
RDBMS/Database: SQL server, ORACLE, and MS Access
Software Test Engineer II
- Involve in Quality Assurance (QA) reviews, identify gaps and provide recommendations to ensure that software/system comply with quality and standards.
- Facilitate resolution and communication of cross-functional team on issues and decisions.
- Prioritize the testing of critical test cases over others based on feedback from the requirements gathering meetings.
- Perform System testing, Integration testing, and Regression testing.
- Analyze user stories documents, develop test cases and identify acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Involve in the Requirements, Risk Analysis, and Design Reviews for new features of the application.
- Participate requirement review meetings to address any issues or action requires to validating requirements.
- Conduct meeting with Subject Matter Expert(SME) to discuss and understand business rules /logic of the product requirements.
- Use SQL Developer for Oracle in creating & executing SQL queries for testing process.
- Use HP ALM as test management tool to manage and organize Requirements Coverage, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Creation of defects.
- Analyze existing test cases to develop automation test scripts using Selenium
- Develop automated test script for regression testing.
- Follow Defect management life cycle and raised the defects based on priority and severity level in HP ALM.
- Develop and execute automation Regression testing script using Selenium.
- Extensively interacted with the developers and users to resolve technical issues and tracked defects.
- Use Selenium WebDriver to perform functional testing on web application and API testing.
- Use Selenium WebDriver to perform test execution in different format using TestNG and to generate detailed html report.
Environment: JAVA, Eclipse, HTML, SQL Developer, SharePoint, ALM, SVN, VSS, J2EE, JAVA, UNIX, Selenium, JIRA, TestNGConfidential, Mclean, VA
QA Test Analyst
- Participate in test plan and test case reviews, maintain testing issues lists and follow up as necessary.
- Involved in executing, and reporting tests to validate functionality of new features.
- Create Test Plans and Test Cases for all scenario types including positive, negative testing, and boundary
- Verify requirement traceability from System Requirements through test cases and defects
- Create and maintain Test cases in ALM or Quality Centre
- Participated in project sprint planning, execution, testing and releases on Scrum methodology.
- Build test scenarios and test cases to determine the system meets all approved requirements.
- Performed System Testing, Integration Testing, Functional and Regression Testing, and Security Testing.
- Worked closely with the Systems team, Business Analyst, Developers and UI team to resolve the requirement issues, deployment issues, and change management issues.
- Responsible for reporting of risks, impediments, sprint and release progress.
- Coordinate with end-users to schedule and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Interfaced with developers in resolving the defects investigated in the application during testing.
- Created Traceability Matrix to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases.
- Manually tested data from High level to detail level during verifications.
- Create and execute SQL queries to fetch data from Oracle database to validate the user interface (UI).
- Used JIRA for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
Environment: J2EE, Quality Center, Version Manager, JIRA, Microsoft Office, UNIX, ORACLE, SeleniumConfidential, MD
- Review User and System Requirement Specification and developed Test Plan and Test Cases and Procedures.
- Manually performed Back-End testing by writing SQL queries.
- Assist in writing user stories, develop test cases and identify acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Performed execution of test cases manually to verify the expected results.
- Performed Regression Testing, GUI Testing, Functionality Testing, Database testing, Performance testing etc.
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Developed Test condition & Test Data to execute the test scripts.
- Tracked defects and facilitated defect review meetings with team leads.
- Regularly interacted with Developers, Business Analyst and Users.
- Created the Regression Test Cases and automated them for the purpose of regression testing.
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts to support regression testing.
- Involved in end-to-end system testing.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members and monitored defect status.
- Wrote SQL queries to test Data Integrity and performed Database Testing for the application.
- Managed the testing process, logged and tracked defects using Quality Center.
Environment: XML, Quality Center, Oracle, SQL Server, UNIX, Windows XP