- 7+ years of industry experience in Software Quality Testing of Web Client and Web Services applications using Manual and Automation Test Tools
- Strong expertise in SDLC, Project Management and testing lifecycle methodologies like Waterfalland Agile methodologies.
- Extensively Proficient in Black Box, White Box, Functional, Integration, System, Usability, Regression, Security, reliability, Stability, manual and automation testing.
- Experience in performing System Integration testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Load testing and coordinating User Acceptance Testing
- Experienced in analysis, requirements gathering, strategy, plans, test scripts, defect tracking based on QA methodologies.
- Involved in testing web services and API testing using SOAP UI.
- Experienced in using Quality Center/ALM for maintaining the Test Plans, Test Cases,Test scripts, Test Execution, Defect management, Bug Reporting.
- Worked in building automation scripts and frameworks using Selenium Web driver with Java.
- Experienced in performing Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Experienced in analysis, requirements gathering, strategy, plans, test scripts, exit reports, defect tracking based on QA methodologies.
- Comfortable in building and configuring maven and Jenkins.
- Experience in the development of TestNG framework in Selenium.
- QA Automation with Java experience to write automation scripts for selenium using Web driver.
- Experience in data driven testing and cross browser testing using selenium web driver and TestNG.
- Good judgment skills while reporting and prioritizing software bugs in conjugation with the development and QA managers.
- Experienced in various platforms like UNIX/Linux and windows
- Designed and Developed Automation test scripts in Java implementing test in selenium Web Driver.
- Experience with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Web Driver)
- Designed and Developed Automation frameworks in JUnit and TestNG. Implemented frameworks like POM, POM using Page Factory and Data Driven.
- Experienced in MobileApplication Testing with Appium based user interface web framework to design and develop responsive websites and apps accessible on all smart phones, tablets and desktop devices.
- Exposure in running SQL queries to manipulate database tables to check data integrity.
- Strong exposure testing applications on different browsers like IE, Firefox, and Chrome.
- Good experience in testing web applications using Soap UI.
- Good at defect - reporting and defect-tracking using tool like JIRA, Quality center/Test Director.
- Create complete solution for continuous integration tool such as Jenkins from code checkout from GitHub to regression report generation.
- Excellent analytical and programming abilities in using technology to create elegant, flexible and maintainable solutions for complex testing problem.
- Experience understanding the code written in different programming languages Java, HTML, CSS, Java Script and databases like Oracle, SQLServer.
- Good experience in OOPs using Core Java and extensively used classes, objects, data structures, inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling, packages, collection, reflection and many more.
- Good understanding of Quick Test Professional features like Object Repository, Checkpoints, Object identification, Descriptive Programming, Exception Handling, Regular expression and Object Spy.
- Team Player and self-starter with excellent communication, motivation and organizational skills combined with attention to details and business process improvements.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Quick Test Professional (11.5), JIRA, HP-ALM 11.0, Appium, Jmeter, Cucumber, SOAP UI
Scripting Languages: Java Script, Shell Script.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Core Java.
Platforms: Windows, Mac.
Other Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat.
Databases: Sql Server
Web Services/Methodologies: SOAP/Agile Scrum, Waterfall& V-Model.
Frameworks: JUnit, TestNG.
Webdebugging tool: XPATH, Firebug, Firepath.
Build/CI Tools: Maven, ANT / Jenkins.
Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla,JIRA, HP Quality Center
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Selenium/Mobile Test Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyzed business requirements, Functional Specifications and Use Cases, prepared Test Strategy and Test plan.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium Web driver and Java using Hybrid Driven Framework.
- Created automated scenarios, framework using Selenium for regression testing.
- Interacted with designers and developers to understand the application functionality and navigational flow.
- Prepared Test cases to meet the requirements and its traceability matrix.
- Performed Positive and Negative, security testing to make sure application is according to requirements.
- Validated data and performed backend/database testing using SQL queries, Joins and Functions.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing in the final phase of software development process to check the functionality of the software.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG .
- Experience with performance testing using JMETER
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML and Xpath in Selenium.
- Implemented scripts to test IOS and Android platforms also using Appium.
- Documented and tracked test scripts, test results and reported test defects using ALM .
- Validating website Mobile version on different types of devices(iPhone, Android)
- Conducted daily defect review meetings and prepared test results reports.
- Used Firebug/IE Developer Toolkit and Selenium to capture and validate CSS Locators, HTML to identify elements.
- Provide daily and weekly status reports on all work performed.
- Worked closely with the Designers and developers to get the immediate resolution to the defects.
- This project involved doing Black box testing including functional, Exploratory, GUI, System testing, Integration, Compatibility testing, across platforms on Windows, Mac, Linux.
Environment: Java, JSP, JavaBeans, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Oracle 9i, XML, Quality Center/ALM, Selenium Web Driver, Firebug, Firepath, EclipseConfidential, Atlanta, GA
Roles and Responsibilities
- Involved in preparing the Test plan based onBRD and User Stories.
- As Test Engineer, involved in plan & perform testing, verification & validation, and quality assurance.
- Attend daily scrum meetings, reviewed user stories.
- Developed Test Cases to automateusing Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Created Test Data for QA and UAT.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and Web Driver to test the web applications
- Automated test cases to perform regression testing using Java, selenium web driver and eclipse IDE.
- Used Bugzilla to document issues found during the test automation process
- Used Selenium Web driver to run test cases in multiple browsers.
- Work with soap UI for generating API request and analyze the response success and failures of interfaces.
- Written and executed SQL queries and Joins, Group By clause, having clause etc. to validate the data.
- Designed, Executed and maintained automation test scripts in selenium WebDriver using Java, TestNG and Maven.
- Updated WSDL file as needed for Endpoint, Tested request and response XML. Added Assertions to validate the response xml with database.
- Involved in designing and implementing automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepared daily/ weekly status reports on Test case execution, defects, RTM etc.
- Involved in planning test execution activities, defect reporting and analyzing test metrics.
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripheral tools to perform Selenium test.
Environment: Oracle, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SQL Server, QC/ALM, XML, MySQL, Bugzilla, Windows.Confidential, NYC, NY
QA Test Analyst
Roles & responsibilities
- Created test scripts using Selenium Web driver prepared Test data.
- Developed the application using Eclipse as the IDE and used the standard features for editing, debugging, running etc.
- Created test scenarios and test cases based on functional documents and User stories.
- Developed new/modified scripts for the regression and sanity testing.
- Executed and Run the scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid.
- Prepared and executed batch test suite through TestNG via Ant.
- Verify the Automated Test Result, and Logging the Defect in JIRA and updating status to the higher management.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse, Junit, Selenium RC and Selenium Java client driver.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to write automated test scripts using XPATH.
- Involved in test scripts review.
- Responsible for performing System Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Prepared Test Report based on the Test results.
- Identified the test cases to be automated and performed data driven testing and GUI Check Points using Selenium and enhanced the overall functionality of the application.
- Performed Smoke, sanity and Functional testing on every build of the application.
- Automated Web Services Using Java customized framework and written proper Logs for each step inthe test process.
- Coordinate with Performance and Scalability testing.
- Maintained effective daily communication with team members via stand-up meetings, documentation, and status reports.
- Responsible for software QA and analysis, with emphasis on performance testing and functional decomposition of web-based (SOA) and legacy systems architecture.
- Worked within Agile project teams, continuously releasing application software.
- Involved in SOAP and REST based web services testing using Web services testing tool.
- Coordinated with the application, infrastructure and Interface teams to address defects and ensure proper resources are in place to provide effective support during testing.
Environment: Java, SQL, TestNG, Selenium Web driver, JIRA, XML and HTML, GUI, SOAP, REST.Confidential
QA Test Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Played the role of QA Analyst to analyze business requirements, understanding design specifications to understand application functionality.
- Prepareddetailed test cases, test scenarios, and schedules based on Requirements and Design documents and executed according to the test plan.
- Executed and maintained manual test cases, Performed Functional, System, and Regression Testing .
- Prepared detailed status reports and update the status to the business and technical teams during weekly review meetings.
- Involved in manually testing of various modules of the application to ensure application stability and functionality.
- Conversant with analyzing requirements and defining high level and low-level test requirements and detail test cases.
- Performed System, Regression, Functional and User Acceptance testing .
- Conducted functionality, interface and integration testing during the various phases of the project.
- Involved in the project Kickoff meetings, Verification and Walk through meetings with team.
- Performed Defect tracking in Quality Center . Designed scripts in Test Plan, and performed execution in Test Lab. Generated daily execution reports from Report Module in QC.
- Assisted developers with reproducing defects and providing additional information as needed.
Environment: Quality Center, HTML, Java Script, CSS, Eclipse, Oracle, Windows, UNIX/LINUX, MS WordConfidential
QTP/Manual Test Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performed testing activities inclusive of Functional, Integration testing, System, GUI and regression testing and executing automation test scripts using QTP.
- Extensively used Shared Object Repository in QTP.
- Enhancing the QTP scripts with Conditional Statements and Functions.
- Developed VB Scripts for System testing, Regression Testing and Functional Testing.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed and analyzed using Test Director and Quick Test Professional respectively.
- Preparation of validation summary reports (including deviation investigation and resolution) and standard Operating procedures (operation and maintenance) for computer systems.
- Connected the Database and Wrote SQL queries for Data Retrieving from Database.
- Analyzed Test Planand Test Cases based on Requirements and General Design Documents involved in both Manual and Automation Testing for Personal accounts module.
- Created User Defined Functions in QTP Function Library to re-use them in different tests.
- Documented problems found during test on the Test Director system and communicated recorded problem to the responsible QA Manager.
- Responsible for weekly status meetings showing progress and future testing efforts.
- Interface with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Detect defects, communicate to the developers using bug reporting tools and tracking the defects.
- Played stellar role in test case review meetings and requirements walkthroughs.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, MYSQL, Java Script, Quality Center, Soap UI, Web Services, Eclipse, LINUX, UFT, Bugzilla.