- Over seven (7+) years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance Analyst, Manual and Automation Tester using web and client server based applications in various domains.
- Hands - on experience & active role testing throughout Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in various Software Development Methodologies - Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, Iterative and Hybrid.
- Good understanding of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), maintaining Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) & Bug Remediation Report by HP Quality Center (QC) / Application Life Cycle Management (ALM), MS Team Foundation Server, Rally, Jira, MS Test Manager.
- Performed various kinds of Black box testing such as Functional, Integration, Regression, Smoke, System, End to End, Back End Manual and Automation Testing experience on Web & Client based app.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and interacted with clients or end users to support UAT session.
- Have strong Manual Testing experience in writing detailed Test Scenarios, Test Cases, log & track Defects, generate graphs & reports in test management tool HP Quality Center (QC) / ALM.
- Expertise in implementation, develop, execute and maintenance of HP Quick Test Professional (QTP)/UFT automated tests. This includes integrating Quick Test Pro (QTP) with Quality Center for managing tests and their resources (actions, function libraries, object repositories, recovery scenarios, and data table files also expert in Descriptive programming using VB scripts and automation frameworks).
- Experienced in web service testing using SoapUI.
- Have good understanding of applications built in .NET, C++, JAVA, Web Services, HTML, XML, AJAX.
- Experienced in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Profiling, Data Verification and Data Loading.
- Have expertise in writing queries and testing RDBMS such as DB2, Oracle, SQL Server Using SQL for data integrity and data validation using various Joinings and operators.
- Experienced on Coordinating the project work estimates and fulfillments for all QA activities and tasks needed for project delivery as required.
- Have clear and concise verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work in teams and also have the ability to work independently, multitask and focus on critical path deliverables that are essential skills for this position.
Methodology: Waterfall, Agile, Iterative and Hybrid
System Platform: Windows, Unix, Linux, iOS
Application Type: Banking/Financial, Retail, Insurance, and Healthcare
Application Language: C++, C#, Java, HTML, XML, CSS, .NET, PHP, AJAX.
Browser: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
Test Management Tool: HP Quality Center (QC)/ ALM, Jira, TFS, MTM, Rally
Automation: HP Quick Test Pro (QTP)/UFT, SoupUI
RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL Server and DB2
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Software Tester
- Analyzing User stories and design documents, Test plans, Test Cases, Test Data for manual testing of the functionality, GUI, Compatibility, usability, and User Acceptance of the application.
- Coordinating with the QA Lead, Clients, Developers, Business Analysts, System Analyst and other QA staff to effectively complete the tasks on projected time and also ensuring that the business requirements are met.
- Attending weekly status meeting with developers, Poject Manger and Business Analyst to discuss the defects, Fixes and overall testing status.
- Responsible for creating Weekly & Monthly Test Status and Test summary reports and Defect reports based on the various progress level of the project.
- Working closely with the Developers, Tech Lead and Product Owners on a daily basis to groom and size stories, monitor development and test locally in Dev environment allowing early intervention of defects to ensure quality as per acceptance criteria.
- Working in Web based Testing including GUI Testing, Functional testing, Integration Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, Usability Testing and UAT Testing.
- Following Agile scrum methodologies and attending various Agile meetings such as Daily scurm meetings, Sprint grooming meetings, Sprint planning meetings and Release planning meetings for user stories, time estimations and derivering the QA tasks.
- Performing Back End testing writing various complex SQL queries and joining to validate the data integrity and accuracy on Oracle database.
- Creating and executing Test Cases for some of the modules of the Application under Test (AUT) using HP ALM.
- Using HP ALM to log defects, track defects, analyze defects and generate defect reports for release status.
- Using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) for Regression and Functional testing purposes. Working with Automation team to develop VB scripts, Dynamic functions. Created Descriptive Programming scripts and objects, also enhanced others scripts by creating Actions, using check points, Synchoronization points, dynamic wait statements, etc.
Senior Software Tester
- Attaining various requirements gathering meetings, analyzing user stories/ use cases for better understanding.
- Involved in Developing Test Plans, Test Cases with input from the assigned Business Analysts.
- Developing Test Scripts based upon business requirements and processes. Processing transactions from the system entry to exit. Testing functionality across the applications and workflows.
- Worked with appropriate business and technology leads to determine the acceptable ranges for test results and performance.
- Having good communication with developers and documenting the test results and defect resolutions during all phases of testing.
- Stimulating several production cycles. Working with data validation, constraints, Record Counts, and source to target, Row Counts, random sampling and error processing.
- Performed Black-box testing such as System Testing, Data Integrity Testing and End to End Testing.
- Co-ordinate Component, System testing with the appropriate technical groups and Release Management and document test procedures and findings.
- Reporting Bugs and Track Defects using Quality Center/ALM as well as JIRA.
- Integrating Quick Test Pro (QTP) /UFT with Quality Center (QC) /ALM and scheduling the execution of Quick Test Pro (QTP) /UFT scripts from the Quality Center (QC) /ALM to perform Regression Testing and Integration Testing.
- Responsible for performing Functional testing on the application by creating Manual and Automated Test Scripts using VB Scripts in Quick Test Pro (QTP) /UFT.
- Enhancing the recorded scripts to resolve Synchronization issues.
- Created User-defined functions, functional library and maintained the initialization scripts to set-up the work environment.
- Performed Data-driven testing using data tables in Quick Test Pro (QTP) /UFT.
- Involved in DATA validation using SQL queries and Back-End Testing
- Used TOAD Software for Querying ORACLE and Used WinSQL for Querying DB2.
- Updating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and managing all components of the business requirements
- Gathered requirements from Business Analyst, analyzed the functional specifications to understand the product and created effective test scenarios, and Interacted with developers to understand the functionalities of the interfaces.
- Involved in creating QA test plan and traceability matrix in order to ensure the project's scope, requirements and made sure deliverables remain "as is" when compared to the baseline.
- Manually generated and implemented templates for Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test Scripts for the entire application. Used Quality Center (QC/ALM) for test case creation, execution, test coverage and defect tracking.
- Involved in the entire defect life cycle for every build in order to log, track and report defects using Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Regression, End-To-End, System, Ad-Hoc, UAT testing to ensure a smooth deployment of the whole application. Performed Cross Browser Testing using Google Chrome, Firefox and IE
- Performed Regression testing using Quick Test Professional (QTP) /UFT to assure that the new code had no adverse effect upon the current system and participated in document reviews and inspections
- Extensively used Checkpoints, Synchronization points, Actions and Recovery Scenario Manager feature, Error Handling, Descriptive Programming, Record and Run as well as load the object repository using object spy and run the script in Quick Test Professional (QTP) /UFT.
- Validating data connectivity with 3rd party application using XML request and response using SoapUI.
- Worked in multiple project simultaneously and followed multiple methodology such as Waterfall, Agile (scrum) for the entire testing life cycle.
- Attended all planning reviews, daily basis and walk-through meetings within a project team, and provided testing results and weekly status report to QA lead.
- Written SQL Queries to extract data from various database tables for the BackEnd Testing purpose.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in alpha and beta both environments to assist clients along with documents and performed execution process.
- Worked with developers, designers, business Analyst and Cross functional Teams involve in Software Development and testing life cycle.
- Followed Agile Methodology in Scrum Framework and attended all kinds of Project meetings with the team.
- Reviewed the application requirements specification, Use case Documents, design documents and provided feedback to the product owner
- Performed Troubleshooting in complex problems by providing customer support for software application issues.
- Created Test Documents such as Sprint Test Plans, Test scenario, Test conditions, Test Data, Test specification, Functional and Integration Test cases (High-Level), Test Scripts and Reports, Defect tracker and RTM.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional testing, System and Usability testing and used HP ALM 11.0 (Application Life cycle Management) as Test and defect management tool, prepared Test planning, Defect summary, Requirement coverage documents using the tool
- Extensively wrote SQL queries to store data, retrieve data and validate the information for Back end Integration testing to verify the data integrity and change update.
- Developed Test scripts and worked with automation teams to develop VB script, Dynamic functions and Data driven testing framework, created Descriptive scripts and objects, script enhancement using checkpoints by using HP UFT 12.0 (Unified Functional Testing) for Regression and Functional testing purpose.
- Performed Cross browser testing to check the compatibility of the application in different browsers.
- Created a great relationship with the QA team, project manager, product owner, production team and developers to help, support and solve any issues immediately.
- Performed great responsibility in creating Test Status and summary reports, Defect reports, Weekly & Monthly basis based on the various progress levels of the project.
- Have expertise in producing and maintaining project specific processes and work ethics.
Junior QA Tester
- Review Business requirement documents (BRD), Software Requirement specification (SRS), change request.
- Involved in Requirement assessment in order to prepare the requirements documents for writing test plans and test cases.
- Involved in developing test cases based on requirements specification and Design Specification (use-cases).
- Translated requirements, design documents and functional specifications into Test plans for each individual module and Test cases for the functionalities in the modules specified in the requirements documents.
- Verifing the correctness of the software calculations and created test data files to thoroughly test program logic and system flow.
- Commanding the design and development of a comprehensive Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Requirements using the conventional QA methodology and HP testing tools, such as Quality Center.
- Performed Smoke, Usability, Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Integration, UAT testing for each build of the applications.
- Managed requirements using Requirement Plan Manager of Quality Center.
- Documenting Test Cases corresponding to the business requirements in the Test Plan Manager of Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center to write test cases and execute, bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Involved in data analysis activities by using TOAD, SQL Developer
- Responsible for creating weekly status reports regarding the progress of the testing process.
- Prepared and presented progress reports and attended all meetings as required.
Projects Internal EnvoronmentAgile, Waterfall, HP QC, ALM, HP QTP, UFT, SoupUI, TFS, MS Office, VB Script, Descriptive Programming, Java, C#, C++, .NET, HTML, XML, CSS, Visual studio, SQL, Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server.