- IT Professional with 29 years of experience transforming complex business processes into cost - reducing, efficient, scalable, easily maintainable computer systems.
- I have 25 years of experience leading small and large-scale application development teams.
- My technical expertise, experience and passion for cost effective, process driven, efficient systems result in a high-quality product that meets or exceeds business expectations.
Systems: Microsoft, MVS, Linux (Ubuntu), Unix, OS/2
Databases: DB2, Informix, Oracle, MySql
Additional: Eclipse IDE, VMWare, Stored Procedures and Triggers, REXX, Shell Script, Perl, JSON, XML, CICS, TCP/IP, MQ Series, Sockets, HTML
Lead Systems Engineer, Software Engineer III
- Managed a team of 30 developers, replacing manual store hub processing with systems solutions resulting in significant cost reductions.
- Enhance and maintain PosServices Framework providing real time POS Services integration with in-store and external system services.
- In corporate TLS / SSL encryption and authentication coding for secure processing of sensitive customer data.
Lead Systems Engineer
- Managed a team of 25 developers, coding approximately 1 million lines of code for this Java based application.
- Review and signoff on application technical designs
- Primary point of contact for QA and business, including application issue / defect management
- Interview contractor and Sears’ team development staff
Lead Applications Developer
- Lead the Sears team, working with Peoplesoft developers to customize the PeopleSoft based application to suit Sears’ needs.
Lead Systems Engineer
- As the Development Manager I provided coordination between the business, QA and development teams resulting in a seamless flow from conception to implementation.
Programmer through Lead Applications Developer
- Lead design and development of an Informix 4GL application to run on all warehouse RF devices.
- Lead design and development of all 4 walls warehouse processing, modernizing merchandise flow processing, e.g., receiving, put away, picking and shipping; to utilize an RF directed flow rather than a paper directed flow.
- Designed and developed a Unix-based X-windows application to stress test the entire warehouse application to pin point and mitigate any system inefficiencies.
- Lead team effort to create a system support manual that significantly reduced issue diagnosis and resolution times, even for newer team members.