- Over 11+ years of diverse experience in the field of performance engineering, Java development, Performance Testing and Operations.
- 4+ years of Java development experience.
- Substantial experience in the design and development of enterprise applications.
- Wide knowledge of best practices regarding application coding and design.
- Ability to identify root cause of performance issues and provide corrective actions.
- Experince in creating performance test strategy, design, planning and workload modelling.
- Expert in analyzing heap dump and thread dump and provide recommendations for performance issues.
- Unix shell scripting.
- Experience in LoadRunner and StormRunner.
- Expertise in creating dashboards using Splunk.
- Expert in UI performance analysis.
- Experience in setting up WebPagetest private instance and developing tools for UI performance analysis and monitoring.
- Experience in working closely with development team during coding/development phase of project to identify performance issues.
- Proficient in APM tools like Dyantrace and wily.
- SQL tuning & Analyzing AWR reports.
- Experience in project management and offshore delivery.
- Confidential consulting.
- Experience in Capacity planning.
- Experience working in a highly agile environment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Splunk 6.5 Wily 10.3 Dynatrace 6.5. HP Load runner 12.5 Agile and Waterfall SDLC UML Data Modeling Java 1.8 JEE HTML
- CSS Jprofiler 8 Oracle 11g Redhat Linux 7.2 Eclipse
- STS Docker Graphite/Grafana Gomez VisualVM Azul Zing JVM
Performance Engineering Tech Lead / Architect
As a JEE performance engineering Tech Lead/Performance Architect at Confidential the responsibilities involves Confidential gathering, performance test strategy, workload modelling, code reviews, UI performance recommendations and performance test execution. Three different projects that are involved are Confidential, Safe and Early detection system (EDS). The responsibilities as a part of these projects involve the following activities. Confidential gathering by communicating with product owner and customers. The static code reviews and recommendations for UI tuning are shared with the development team. Based on the requirements the performance test strategy and work load modelling are derived. The depolyment of the build to the performance test environment. The performance tests are executed and the results are analyzed and shared with the team. This role also involves coordinating with the offshore team for performance test execution and giving technical inputs for performance test strategy and work load modelling. The capacity of the production servers is monitored as a part of capacity planning and the recommendations for capacity are shared on a monthly basis.
Technologies/Tools: Java/JEE, Spring batch, UNIX shell scripting, Dynatrace, Splunk, Azul zing JVM, Jboss 6.4, Load Runner 12.5, StormRunner
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
As a Performance Architect in Confidential the responsibilities include UX prototype reviews, Architecture reviews, performance test reviews, failed customer experience(FCE) analysis and production support. The UX prototype reviews decide on which contents of a web page can be loaded before the others which has an impact on performance. Architecture reviews involve reviewing system/application architecture for performance, availability and resiliency. Performance assessment during development phase of a project includes profiling and UI analysis. Performance test reviews identify performance bottle necks during performance testing and recommendation for resolving these issues. This also includes profiling the applications that do not meet SLA. Production support involves working on live production issues, analysis of the performance issues and recommendation for resolving it. As a part of UI performance analysis, a tool chain was developed for monitoring, trending, alerting and optimization. This tool chain also includes WebPagetest private instance for synthetic monitoring. This role also involves giving technical directions to the team in offshore.
Technologies/Tools: Java/JEE, Dynatrace, Splunk, Profiler, webpagetest, Gomez, AWS, Docker, Wily Introscope
Confidential, Atlanta - GA
Senior Performance Engineer
As a senior performance engineer in Xerox the responsibilities include Confidential gathering, Identifying the key business transactions and benchmarking the performance of the transactions. Profiling the transactions that do not meet SLA and providing recommendations to resolve them. Monitoring the system resources during batch volume testing and providing recommendations for the performance bottlenecks. Perform capacity planning based on performance testing results, developing Unix shell scripts for system resource monitoring etc. Perform the complete performance assessment of the application to address all the potential performance, scalability and availability issues. Coordinate with the application development team and provide recommendations to resolve issues related to performance testing. Provide a performance analysis report which has the analysis & recommendations for the performance issues during performance testing phase.
Technologies/Tools: Java/JEE, AIX, JProfiler, Oracle AWRConfidential
Senior Performance Engineer
Responsibilities include identifying production issue that caused the server to hung and not respond to client requests. Analyzing the heap dump and thread dump from the production to determine the root cause. Analyzing production logs, connection pool and thread pool usage. Providing recommendations to resolve the issues related to performance.
Technologies/Tools: Java, J2EE, Struts 1.3, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat
As a performance engineer the responsibilities includes review of the application architecture, Confidential collection and validation and Identifying the key business transactions. Static code review and dynamic profiling to identify performance bottlenecks. Measuring the response time of the transactions and provide baseline for the transaction response time. Perform the complete performance assessment of the application to address all the potential performance, scalability and availability issues. Provide recommendations to resolve issues related to performance testing.
Technologies/Tools: Java, J2EE, Spring, JPA, Apache Tomcat, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.1, jmeter
The responsibilities include identifying the key business critical transactions and bench mark the current performance of the applications. Instrumentation and deploying monitoring tools to measure the performance, resource utilization and conducting performance testing execution for the critical transactions identified. Monitoring and measuring the resource utilization and performance characteristics of application. Static code review and dynamic profiling of the application code using profiler tools for the critical transactions and identify the performance bottlenecks, analyzing hotspots and performing root cause analysis. Perform the complete performance assessment of the application to address all the potential performance, scalability and availability issues. Coordinate with the Application Development team, provide recommendations and resolve issues related to Performance Testing.
Technologies/Tools: Java, J2EE,Spring, Hibernate, jprofiler, Wily Introscope
- As a Senior Developer in the project the responsibilities include the following activities.
- Requirements gathering by interacting directly with the client.
- Designing/Creating Modules.
- Coding and unit testing.
- Code reviews.