- Experienced, customer focused, and analytical IT person with 7 years of experience in Software testing and QA with web - based, and client/server applications developed in C, Java/J2EE, .Net, VB etc.
- Exposure in industry standards and best practices in all phases of SDLC including business requirements analysis, design, system environment setups, summarizing system specific business rules for completeness, accuracy, and testability.
- Expertise in developing Test plans, Test case design by following quality processes, test tool usage, test execution, defect management and defect tracking: creating defects and code coverage metrics.
- Thorough knowledge in all stages of application testing methodologies including GUI, Functional, Regression, System Usability, database, Browser compatibility, and Load testing.
- Solid understanding in RDBMS; skilled in data manipulation and back-end testing by writing SQL queries for Oracle, MS SQL Server, and DB2 databases.
- Strong skills in designing, executing and maintaining manual and automation test suits for functional regression testing across multiple environments- Web, Portal, Web Services, desktop, and backend applications.
- Expertise in automation testing using Selenium WebDriver(with Java on TestNG/JUnit library) QTP/UFT
- Designed and implemented automation framework like, Page Object Model (POM), Data Driven, and Keyword Driven framework.
- Strong work experience in Payment process, Card Services, General Banking and Financial domain, and Law Enforcement domain.
- Expertise in requirements management, bug reporting, and bug tracking using test management tools like HP ALM, Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest, Issue Tracker, and Version Manager.
- Solid experience on build management tools like Maven/ANT and continuous integration tool- Jenkins.
- Clear understanding in data warehouse and ETL processes and testing.
Operating Systems: Windows 10/7/2003/XP/2000/NT Workstation 4.0, UNIX
Languages: Core Java, HTML, XML, VBScript, Java script, Shell script
Applications/Protocols: Microsoft Office, WebLogic, IIS, WebServices, SVN, VSS, VM, HTTP, TCP/IP
Databases /backend tools: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, SQL Developer, Data studio, TOAD, SOAP UI, PL/SQL
Testing Tools: Selenium, HP ALM, QTP/UFT, LoadRunner, Clear Case, Clear Quest, WinSCP,Eclipse, Maven, JUnit, TestNG
QA Methodologies: CMMi Level 3/4, SDLC, Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM
Software Application Tester
- Working in a fast-paced dynamic environment in a law enforcement agency supporting the development and maintenance of software products and infrastructure by collaborating software engineers, product analysts, and operations teams.
- Writing comprehensive test cases, identifying user acceptance criteria, test objectives and standards; verify and validate business rules by following standard test procedures and guidelines.
- Interacting multiple systems on transporting data between systems created by different vendors.
- Testing applications using defined requirements and proposed enhancements applicable to defects.
- Documenting and maintaining various test artifacts (test cases, before test, regression test, retest defect, system test etc.) in Clear Case.
- Attending walkthroughs, artifacts peer review meetings and providing analytical inputs and corrective measures on test scenarios/cases, and defects resolutions.
- Performing testing on various stages of developments including regression, system integration, load and production verification (UAT). Verifying the developed system's data integrity, security, and usability.
- Help development team in triaging issues, reproducing defects, and to uncover the root cause of defects identified during test cycles.
- Conduct gap analysis and ensure the business requirements are addressed for full system integration test.
- Develop SQL queries, correlated queries, joins and functions for data conversion testing; verifying and validating test results by querying DB2 database tables.
- Assisting junior team members, checking test cases’ inputs/outputs for accuracy. QAing their works and provide required corrections and updates.
- Worked in a project in collaboration with CBP and FDA team to develop an Interoperability Web Services (IWS) system that allowed traders and transport to lodge standardized information and documents with a single entry point to fulfill all import, export, and transit related regulatory requirements.
- Reviewed customer requirements, functional specifications and determine test objectives, test standards and expected behavior of the system functionalities.
- Created and maintained Master Test plan, test strategy, test cases, test scenarios/scripts in compliance with defined QA standards and methodologies
- Actively participated requirements gathering meetings with stakeholders, System design, and Technical review meetings and providing important inputs and inquiries.
- Created test xml documents, verified xml data payload transportation and performed business rules validation; performed Web Services testing using SOAP UI to verify exchange event notifications and also verified the IWS system successfully interfaces with other systems.
- Worked with software engineers, analyst, and project managers to ensure the test design was fully compatible with the new design changes made to the product under development.
- Performed System Integration testing across multiple platforms (CBP, IWS, and FDA) to ensure all requirements were successfully implemented.
- Involved in making decision on identifying test scenarios to have been automated; designed, developed Selenium Web Driver scripts and ran Smoke regression test suit for each build and published detailed report with the bugs detected.
- Worked in a fast-paced Agile environment in which the product developed in combination of CSS, java script, java, JSF framework to construct an interface to manage the patent application.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to identify the business requirements and established acceptance criteria for the functionalities of the software under development from the end user perspective.
- Participated daily standup, sprint planning, and sprint retrospective meetings and presented probable concerns and suggestions to the team intending to help achieve project’s goal.
- Defined test methodology required for PE2E application; ensured software requirements completely identified the functionalities for the system and that all requirements have been addressed and passed.
- Carried out intensive manual testing on each build following continuous integration practice; conducting integration, cross browser, and end-to-end testing; performed regression testing and ensured the integrity of the system was not impacted by the resolution of discrepancy reports.
- Identified, analyzed, and reported defects with full evidence- such as functionality errors, inconsistencies in software program functions, file outputs, UI forms, content, and system usability issues.
- Recorded defect and requirements discrepancies and contributed to the defect management: defect status, triaging bugs, issues, defects to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Regularly communicated test progress, analyzed test results, and addressed any unresolved issues to stakeholders that have been identified during sprint cycles.
System Functional Tester
- Worked in a new project, participated in Sprint planning meetings, peer review of software design with a particular focus on matching software functionality to user requirements.
- Implemented and executed test strategies with a focus on validating complex business processes, workflow performance, migration, and regression testing to ensure product quality.
- Wrote user stories for requirements with direct collaboration to product owner and developed acceptance criteria according to the product owner’s expectation.
- Conducted smoke testing, UI functional testing on each new build. Developed and executed regression test suits, production test, and data quality test on each iteration release.
- Developed Selenium Page Object Model (POM) framework on TestNG platform.
- Created and maintained Selenium Web Driver scripts (with Java code integration) in ensuring the code changes didn't impact the application's expected behavior.
- Wrote Sql queries using joins to perform validation checks whether the submitted transactions from IDCF clients got updated in Oracle and Sybase databases.
- Created and validated test scenarios for various transaction types such as DataElement, FileUpload, Routed emails, Texts, to see if those transactions behaved according to the application specific business rules.
- Validated scenarios for unsuccessful transactions and checked log files (using UNIX commands) weblogic IDCF client, and collector to see if those were queued accordingly in the log file.
- Performed validation on completed transactions (as defined in the requirements) using RESTful web services and checked all the successful transactions logged in database.
QA Test Engineer
- Worked in a software development project and was responsible for all aspects of quality testing activities for O & M (operational and maintenance) support of the Grant Management System (GMS) application.
- Worked simultaneously with multiple projects, defined and wrote detailed test cases/scripts, scenarios by analyzing functional requirements, business rules and technical specifications for both manual and automation testing approaches.
- Worked within a fast pace Agile environment under the direct supervision of product delivery team by following strict timeframe of each sprint.
- Developed test scenarios, documented test cases, created test data/files for manual test execution on UI functionalities; wrote Sql queries to validate if the data were stored and retrieved accurately from database as per design while maintaining integrity.
- Worked with HP ALM for creating and designing test plans, test procedures and registering expected results; documented defects, created and maintained Requirement Traceability matrix (RTM).
- Designed and implemented automation test process for the Form based application and automated functionalities for validation checks.
- Analyzed SCR (Software Change Request), researched the modules affected, reproduced the defects and created test scenarios, generated expected results for the assigned SCRs and documented LOE for executing test scenarios in the IAD (Impact Analysis Document) under share drive.
- Conducted vigorous manual testing on functional behavior and WebServices (SOAP UI) testing to validating user access authentication process among the systems using standardized XML messaging system.
- Actively participated requirements review meetings, DCB meetings with vendors, stakeholders, and customers, presented detail test scenarios for System Integration (DEVSIT) test on the assigned SCRs.
- Developed and implemented Data Driven test automation framework using HP QTP/UFT; created user defined reusable functions, functions library, enhanced scripts using environmental variables, checkpoints, custom functions, regular expression, and parameterization.