- Experienced in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, training and maintenance.
- Highly knowledgeable and analytical professional with over ten years of experience in supporting the US government’s housing programs through administration and in-depth analysis of financial risks and regulatory/compliance procedures.
- Excellent at handling multiple tasks independently and in groups, as well as in developing plans and resolving project-related issues. Skilled in using self-managed team concepts and principles combined with knowledge of various investment securities and instruments.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service, with proven efficiency in dealing responsively and proactively to complex deadline-driven issues in the secondary markets.
- Articulate in both written and verbal communication with advanced administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience on Risk and Project Management(Credit Risk, Default Risk, It Risk….) process improvement, quality assurance and compliance.
- Deep knowledge of single family mortgages and securities, Government-Sponsored Entities (GSEs) that includes Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae and private label securities.
- Extensive Experience Financial Analysis, Risk Mitigation, Mortgage and Equity Procedures, Customer Needs Assessment, Negotiation and Stakeholders’ Relations, Reporting and Communication, and Process Improvement.
- Exceptional ability to manage special projects and coordinate with the regulatory entities. Strong Quantitative/qualitative analysis and problem solving skills.
- Over Eleven years of experience in the secondary market and mortgage servicing portfolio management.
- Strategic planning of technological and process-based enhancements as it relates to the secondary mortgage market in general and to Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) in particular.
- Outstanding Vendor and project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing large cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and complex projects.
- Proven track record of delivering projects timely and within or below budget.
- MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, Lotus 1-2-3, Lotus Notes, SQL, Toad, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Remedy, Business Objects XI, DOORS, and SharePoint.
Confidential, Washington DC
Project/Team: Property and Geocoding Services Team
Application Quality Analyst
April 2010-November 2011
- Performed and managed the monthly data reconciliation process to ensure concise and accurate data flow to end users and ensured meeting of all defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Addressed data reconciliations issues, mitigated risk and implemented the appropriate short and long term solutions.
- Analyzed present and desired states of all process, procedures and software/databases to identify any gaps. Updated re-engineering flowcharts, controls, narratives and risk analysis documents.
- Developed and executed test plans and scripts to determine optimal application performance in accordance with the business and stakeholders requirements.
- Conducted UAT, review and analysis of all testing, as well as created testing documents to be used for audit purposes.
- Collaborated and interfaced with software/systems personnel in application testing such as development, system and integrated user acceptance testing to build and execute the appropriate testing strategies.
- Experience with COTS (Commercial of the shelf) packages implementation.
- Elicited and documented business requirements and managed the translation process to functional requirements.
- Built and analyzed reports that are required by different Fannie Mae units utilizing SQL and Excel.
- Submitted and managed software and system defects/enhancements to resolution in Clear Quest.
- Responded to ad-hoc requests for compliance metrics and related analytics from different Fannie units.
- Managed requirements traceability matrix (RTM) and track requirements status throughout the different project lifecycle stages.
- Responsible for responding to downstream users’ ad hoc and standard reporting requests by creating and executing SQL queries.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Project/Team: Exceptions Transaction Management (ETM)
Senior Business Analyst
September 2008-April 2010
- Ensured accuracy and compliance of all servicing transfers processed in the system by servicers.
- Coordinated with the National Servicing Organization (NSO) to obtain approved servicing transfers and advised on required reversal and/or delaying approval for out of compliance transfers.
- Tracked inaccuracies and corrected all servicer transfers discrepancies in collaboration with the servicers and NSO Ensured resolution of transfer issues ahead of deadlines. Closely collaborated with other departments within and outside the company while conforming to given specifications and established policies and regulations.
- Partnered with the company’s risks management group and participated in designing and providing business requirement that resulted in generating monthly reconciliation and edit reports pertaining to different servicing functions.
- Addressed any fallouts associated with pool-level servicing transfers in close collaboration with the MBS disclosure group and securities management.
- Balanced servicing transfers on a weekly and monthly basis, and conveyed reports to stakeholders through a secured SharePoint site.
- Identified, addressed and resolved 1st and 2nd lien violations, and informed executive management of potential charter violations on a monthly basis.
- Completed and distributed reports pertinent to servicing transfers and 1st and 2nd lien violations, as well as contributed in the efficient resolution of loan modifications discrepancies.
- Enforced compliance through the implementation of a penalty program for repetitive out-of-compliance servicers to default prevention unit.
- Performed gap/risk analysis to reengineer several exception functions. And also updated current and future states flowcharts, controls and narratives.
- Improved existing operations by recommending automation, elicited and documented requirements, test scripts and cases while continuing the reengineering processes for several exception processes.
- Identified, addressed and resolved potential operational risk issues in timely and cost effective manners.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Project/Team: Investor Reporting
October 2005-September 2008
- Administered and facilitated growth of lenders’ portfolios ranging from regional to mega accounts. Forecasted servicer’s behavior and mitigated risk exposure by monitoring cash remittances, security updates, loan and pool-level reporting, MBS disclosures, lender reconciliations and data integrity
- Efficiently determined root causes of lenders’ issues through detailed analysis of information and trends. Systematized work plans and optimized customer service and influencing skills in formulating alternative strategies to effectively resolve underlying issues.
- Successfully established and maintained constructive working relationships with internal business partners and external customers while addressing data integrity, accounting and control concerns.
- Defined and addressed customer needs while ensuring mutual satisfaction by effectively integrating business needs into resolutions. Worked collaboratively with different organizations within the company, including Single Family, Disclosures, Legal and Auditors offices.
- Significantly contributed in the success of process improvement projects; these projects include but not limited to lean six sigma and Kaizen events.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Project/Team: Investor Accounting
Investor Accounting Specialist
August 2002-October 2005
- Administered all functions related to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie mae and private label investor portfolios, with emphasis on managing mortgage-backed securities.
- Created and reconciled custodial accounts and resolved financial discrepancies as specified by investor’s servicing contracts.
- Guaranteed efficiency in correcting discrepancies through detailed analysis of reports and remittances.
- Evaluated investor’s trial balances using CPI (MSP or Fidelity) system, and performed correction as needed by initiating journal vouchers ARP transactions for data control.
- Ensured the seamless set up of custodial accounts, and closely monitored reports to track P&I advances to investors.
- Monitored the settlement of monthly remittances to owners, and conformed to pro-rata share of pool in processing transfers of mortgage-backed securities.
- Verified validity of mortgage sales data and downloaded data to CPI (MSP or fidelity) mainframe; provided support to the supervisor for independent internal and investor audits.
- Maintained the integrity of in-cash management activities, and performed reconciliation of daily, weekly and monthly reports for ACH/wire transactions; investigated and resolved differences.
- Consistently conformed to investors’ strict deadlines to resolve and reconcile differences, such as resolving S/S, A/A and A/A hard and soft rejects.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Project/Team: Mortgage and Equity Counseling
Mortgage and Equity Servicing Counselor
March 2001-August 2002
- Educated and counseled members on all aspects of mortgage and equity loans. Closely assessed their queries and concerns and performed extensive research to specifically address those needs
- Ensured that all members were informed on mortgage and equity-related policies and regulations, and promptly responded to incoming members correspondence through phone or e-mail while conducting documentation of all interactions.
- Articulated and promoted the credit union’s services and policies, and forwarded member\'s additional information request to the appropriate department and/or personnel as necessary.
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture