- Over 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing of Stand Alone, Client Server, Web Based applications, Data Warehousing, BI and ETL Testing.
- Expertise in Business Requirement gathering through JAD sessions, interviews, workshops and walkthroughs, and main concentration in Business Process Flow and Business modeling tools as a Business analyst
- In depth technical knowledge and understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Validations, OLAP, SQL Server, Oracle and ETL.
- Well versed with various types Software Development methodologies - Water fall, Agile, RUP, Iterative and extreme Programming.
- Experience in Software QA and Testing Methodologies, verification and validations in all phases of the SDLC.
- Expert in review and analyze requirements, use cases, technical specifications and database designs.
- Expert in Develop Test Plans, Test Designs, Specifications, Test Cases and Scenarios.
- Experienced in DW projects ETL testing against DW testing with Informatica, Ab Initio and data stage tools.
- Experienced in documenting defects, generate defect and test progress graphs with overall test summary.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply a wide range of software test engineering concepts: testing principles (Testing Methodology) and concepts, building a test environment, tracking defects n Quality Center
- Strong technical Knowledge of UNIX Utilities, shell Script to automate process.
- Ability to manage multiple project in testing by managing team, automate process and delivered all task.
- Ability to develop complicated SQL script for Data validation testing by running SQL script, procedures.
- Extensively involved in SIT and UAT by supporting Testing and implement QA Process.
- Extensively Used Quality Center, PVCS Tracker, Rational Clear Quest for Test Case and defect tracking management.
- Experience in scheduling the Informatica, Ab Initio, Data Stage jobs using Approx., Ctrl-M & Autosys.
- Extensive experience in writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database testing
- Expert in working with various cross geo teams across the world with various time zones.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good learning curve in short span of time.
- Ability to work in a Team or individually and very flexible to work in complex environment with tight schedules
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, MVS
Languages: PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, PERL, Java, SQL
Database: ORACLE, SQL Server, Teradata, Sybase, DB2 and MS Access, OLTP, OLAP
Application Servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere
Testing Tools: PVCS, Rational Clear Quest, Test Director, Quality Center
Test Automation: Quick Test Professional, Load Runner
ETL Tools: Informatica, Data Stage, SSIS, Ab Initio
BI Tools: Business Objects, Cognos Series, Crystal Reports
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirements and clarified with Business Analyst.
- Written several UNIX scripts for invoking data reconciliation.
- Reviewed High Level and Lows level Design docs and clarified design solutions with Developers
- Worked as ETL Tester responsible for the requirements / ETL Analysis, ETL Testing.
- Developed the ETL and BI testing strategy
- Extensively executed SQL queries in order to view successful transactions of data
- TOAD is used to perform manual test in regular basis.
- UNIX and Oracle are using in this project to write Shell Scripts and SQL queries.
- Wrote SQL queries to validate source data versus data in the data warehouse
- Identified duplicate records in target tables.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries for extracting data from multiple tables.
- Assisted in promotion of Informatica code and Unix Shell scripts from UAT to Production
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata
- Involved in all walk throws for test designs, data designs and code reviews.
- Developed Test Plan, Test cases & Test Scenarios for new features.
- Updated existing Regression Test cases for impacted features due to new features.
- Tested the Application in UNIX Environment and collecting the Test data from the Business Team
- Identified the Test Environment for Database Testing.
- Prepared Test status reports for each stage and logged any unresolved issues into Issues log.
- Prepared Test Cases for the mappings developed through the ETL Informatica tool and executed those Test Cases.
- Used T-SQL for Querying the SQL Server database for data validation.
- Writing the test scripts for manual testing.
- Preparation of various test documents for ETL process in Quality Center.
- Understand the database development for this project.
- Reviewing the database Test cases and performs the Database Testing when writing the SQL queries.
- Executed the Stored procedure when passing the valid/Invalid Parameters.
- Involved in Data migration and Data distribution testing.
- Execute the database Test cases according to release.
- Testing of Business Objects and Reports which Includes, Database Connectivity, Tested objects in the Universe to ensure the correct mapping of the objects.
- Tested the Universe Structure to ensure that tables are properly uploaded., Tested the aggregate Universe to ensure the query is pulling correct level of Aggregation
- Tested several reports developed using Business Objects.
- Scheduled the ETL jobs and ran jobs using Auto sys and automated the reports
- Analyze the results and log the defects in bug tracking tool
- Retested resolved bugs on each build release.
Environment:: ALM/HP Quality Center, PVCS, SQL, PL/SQL, Informatica, Oracle, Teradata, Business Objects, TOAD, XML, XSD, XML Spy, Flat Files, Excel, Ms PowerPoint, AutoSys, UNIX, Shell ScriptingConfidential, MN
- Interacting with Business Analysts and Development teams to understand the business requirements and giving the estimates from testing prospective.
- Excellent knowledge on Agile Methodology.
- Test plan preparation, preparing daily status reports and defect reports.
- Involved in prioritizing the requirements according to business needs and putting all the requirements in QC.
- Extensively used Ab Initio for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Observed the Extract, Transform, Load process with Ab Initio and tested the data load process using the Ab Initio ETL tool.
- Validated the ETL Scripts in the Target Database (Oracle) for creating the cube before migrating it to SQL Server.
- Involved in developing test cases to test Teradata scripts (Bteq, multiload, fastload).Updated the status of the testing to the QA team, and accomplished tasked for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly
- Extracted data from Oracle and upload to Teradata tables using Teradata utilities FASTLOAD. Extensively written Teradata SQL Queries, creating Tables and Views by following Teradata Best Practices.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL and Ab Initio on various sources systems including Oracle and Teradata.
- Tested several data validation graphs developed in Ab Initio environment
- Involved in writing and executing the test cases.
- Involved in Defect reporting and verification.
- Involved in identifying the cause of Defect and reporting the same to developers.
- Involved in Data Validation, Data Conversion and Data Reconciliation Testing.
- Involved in testing the Business Objects reports by writing complex SQL queries
- Tested Canned/Ad-hoc reports using Business Objects Reporter functionalities like Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulas, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, variables, filters, conditions, breaks, sorting, @Functions, Alerts, Cascading Prompts and User Defined Objects.
- Attending defect triage meetings.
- Involved in Defect prevention, productivity improvement and knowledge management activities
- Preparing metrics and reports.
- Documenting test procedures, test plans, test cases and test results.
- Wrote complex SQL syntax using case, having, Group by etc
Environment: Ab Initio, EME, SQL Navigator, Teradata, SQL Assistant, Business Objects, Quality Center, Oracle, UNIX1, XML, XSD, XML SpyConfidential
- Reviewed Client Requirements, Use Cases, and High Level and Low level Design documents for the changes in each release.
- Reviewed Mock Ups, Technical specifications, and Data design documents for data changes.
- Developed Test Plans, and Test cases based on requirements, and technical and design specifications
- Wrote and ran UNIX Scripts for batch jobs.
- Ran UNIX shell scripts to count the records for EDW source to staging tables.
- Ran SQL queries to verify the number of records and validated the referential integrity rules as per the design specifications.
- Developed Test data requirements and data dependencies, and conditions for all test cases.
- Performed Functional, Integration, and Regression testing
- Testing ETL sessions and PL/SQL scripts for multiple feeds and multiple LOBS’.
- Identified Test scenarios for Automation for critical functionality.
- Developed Automation test scripts, and run the scripts as part of regression testing.
- Quality Center used for Test Cases development and test execution status tracking.
- Testing the data present in fact tables and dimensions tables.
- Performed Data Validation, Data Conversion and Data Reconciliation Testing.
- Performed HUT (Hard unit testing), SIT (System Integration Testing) and WIL (Week in Live Testing) Testing.
- Defects found tracked and managed in Quality Center and disposition in defect scrub meetings.
- Represented in Project and Defects scrub meetings, and provide status on assigned tasks.
- Testing status reported to QA Manager and project manager.
- Involved in production data validations for each change in all releases
Environment: Informatica, UNIX SQL Navigator, Oracle Web Cache server, Oracle Application Server, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports Generator, PL/SQL, XML, Teradata, Quality Center, Windows XP.