- A dynamic QA IT professional Oracle Certified with over 6 plus years of diverse IT experience in software design, development and implementation of software projects with extensive experience in manual and automation testing.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and expertise in Quality Assurance Process, and Methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile scrum and CMMI.
- Analyzed business requirements, technical specifications and wrote test plans, defined test cases, developed and maintained test scripts.
- Performed different kind of testing such as System Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Ad hoc Testing, Sanity testing, Smoke Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, Boundary Testing, Cross Browser Testing, 508 Testing and UAT testing, COTS integration and security testing.
- Mobile Apps Testing of Native apps, Web apps, Hybrid apps with Exploratory Testing on Mobile and Tablet devices.
- Proficient in Mobile Automation Tool Appium automation framework
- Proficient in applying quality assurance on multi - platform applications including Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Expertise in software test management tools Quality Center (QC)/ALM, JIRA, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) for defect tracking, and documentation
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as a part of a team.
- Expert on Querying and Testing RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access for data integrity, ETL testing.
- In depth knowledge of statements for backend testing, skill at writing in SQL queries / sub-queries and joining multiple tables.
- Good at planning, organizing, scheduling, executing and reviewing system software testing.
- Excellent organizational, presentation skills, ability to manage and adapt to change in work priorities as requested and multi-task within projects.
- Proven ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively, execute process change.
- Expert knowledge of CM tools and processes, Experience in leading project.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, willingness to learn new concepts and accept challenges.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, Rational Suite, MTM, TFS 2012. HP Unified functional testing 11.5 (Automation) Load Runner, Selenium, Postman
Languages: VB Scripting, Visual Basic, SQL, J2EE, .Net, C#.
RDBMS: Oracle 11g, MS Access, MS SQL Server, Sybase
Operating System: Windows 7/Windows Server /NT/2000/XP/Vista/8, MAC OS, Linux, UNIX, Mainframe
Version Control Tools: MS Visual Source Safe, Star Team
Defect Tacking Tools: Quality Center, PVCS web interface tracking, Clear Quest.
Application software: MS Office, Adobe Visio, Balsamic, Flash, Crystal Report, Excel, Access, Corel Draw, Photo Paint, Photoshop, Dream weaver
Confidential, Windsor Mill, MD
- Prepared test case and developed multiple test scenarios to carry out negative and positive manual testing
- Developed automated test cases for multiple functionalities regression testing as well as created standard automation suites for smoke and sanity tests.
- Developed automated tests for cross bowsers, multiple browser testing.
- Developed test automation framework for distributed and parallel testing in selenium grid.
- Configured Selenium web driver based automated test in TestNG framework, build in Ant and Jenkins
- Created maven and ant based Jenkins jobs to execute test automation smoke and regression suites to help with releases.
- Tested rest APIs utilizing Postman, curl, SOAPUI.
- Developed automation tests for backend rest API testing.
- Actively involved with SCRUM and sprint meetings.
- Utilize JIRA for sprint progress and bug reporting.
- Utilize ALM for manual test case and requirement coverage.
Environment: Microsoft Office, Windows, Eclipse, Selenium Grid, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, Java, GitLAB, XML, IE, Agile, ALM
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Cases, and developed multiple Test Scenarios for Automated Regression Testing
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Cucumber(JVM), Maven and Git client
- Utilized Selenium IDE for test case recording, and developed custom Hybrid Automation Framework to enhance flexibility and efficiency in Automation efforts
- Implemented modular Framework for Selenium based scripts. Conducted testing in Google Chrome and Firefox
- Actively participated in Sprint Planning, Review, and Retrospective meetings in accordance with Agile methodology
- Utilized Cucumber (JVM) to develop regression suite
- Configured HTML reporting using Extent report plugin
- Configured and maintain POM.XML file for dependency handling
- Performed Data - Driven testing by developing Java based library to read test data from Excel & Properties files
- Actively involved with SCRUM and sprint meetings, managing product backlog, removing obstacles to progress, reallocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and reviewing milestones and accomplishments
- Created Test Plans, Test Designs, Test scripts in accordance with Requirements
- Designed and Implemented Test Cases according to Requirement specifications
- Initialized JDBC connection using Selenium(Java) to automate SQL queries
- Conducted regular group KT sessions with functional team
- Actively involved with SCRUM and sprint meetings, managing product backlog, removing obstacles to progress, re-allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and review milestones and accomplishments
- Introduced and implemented Open Source web test tool Selenium and WebDriver for cross browser testing
- Supported development team in finding the root cause of errors, by analyzing logs, database and source
- Configured WebDriver, Cucumber (JVM), Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using test runner class
- Supported BA and PM with html reports from automated testing suit. Provided detail breakdown of test failures.
Environment: Microsoft Office, Windows, Eclipse, Selenium, Cucumber, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, Java, TOAD, SQL Developer, Git, XML, IE, Agile
Confidential, Washington, DC
SQL QA Tester
- Analyzed Business Requirements (BRD) and Functional Design Documents (FDD) to develop Test strategy, Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- To achieve correctness and completeness of test cases conducted Test Case Walkthroughs as well as collaborated with business analysts to eliminate ambiguity and inconsistency.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to cover all aspect of the functional specifications with test cases and maintained in Quality Center and Excel.
- Utilized MS Project work with Team Manager to establish resource allocation and staffing plans including milestone dates, develop test plans, test schedules, and provide time - and-effort estimates for the system validation activities and testing components to be performed.
- Involved in Integration testing, Functional testing, System testing, Positive, Negative and E2E testing of the application.
- Worked closely with the Test Manager and internal project management to plan, schedule, risk identification and mitigation and manage the operational and system testing activities.
- Developed, capture and track Test Metrics that measure the health of the project and provide weekly status report to Senior Management and Project Executive Management.
- Managed all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Participated in Scrum meeting, Requirement review meeting, Defects status and Project status meetings.
- Conducted detailed analysis of test results found through both manual and automated testing.
- Oversees the planning of the system and acceptance tests and coordinates the execution of test cases.
- Maintained all the testing activities and logged defects using Quality Center
- Coordinated with developers and support in resolving of incident/defects arising in testing. Plan, organize and implement automated regression tests for optimum coverage for various application modules such as tasks & follow-ups, trade quote, order inquiry and management utilizing HP UFT after requirements review
- Extend an existing hybrid framework by adding static & dynamic descriptive programming to it and implementing data driven test model to create and verify automated tests. Extend library functions by adding common and application specific function for the purpose of reusability and maintainability of the automated tests.
- Execute smoke and regression test scripts from batch runner as well as HP-ALM and analyze and update test scripts after automation run. Open defects with detailed information when automated tests find regression bugs.
- Analyzed and identified the root cause of anomalies encountered by reviewing log files and database tables and created complex SQL queries.
- Wrote complex SQL joins to connect up to seven tables for data validation. Tested COTS components for security and integrity applied Black Box Functional testing method.
Environment: Toad, QC ALM, UFT Unified function testing, Altova XML Spy, Author It, MS Office, Agile Scrum Methodology, Microsoft PowerPoint, Oracle 11g, SnagIt 8
Confidential - Wall Street, NY
Sr. QA Analyst
- Analyzing the Business Requirements and understanding the high level and detail design of the application.
- Estimating QA timeframe need for the application. Documented test plan and test cases using Quality Center.
- Wrote Test plans and test cases that identify the schedules, environments, resources (personnel, toolsetc.), methodologies, cases (inputs, procedures, outputs, and expected results), documentation, and reporting Criteria.
- Defined testing entrance and exit criteria; ensured business and technology acceptance.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix.
- Executed manual and automated test cases and verified results with expected results.
- Involved extensively in conducting integration, performance and UAT testing.
- Involved in all phases of the quality testing process that was designed and developed for this project
- Managed defect management process; coordinated defect review meetings with development and business.
- Produced daily, weekly metrics and status reports for senior management. Automated test scripts for regression tests using Quick Test Pro. Enhanced scripts by extensively working on the script for performing regression testing. Also utilize Selenium Webdriver tool to test web based components for functional and GUI testing (web elements, web links).
- Involved in coordinating test case execution and defect logging using Quality Center. Identified and escalated system, business issues and risks within the project structure.
- Used the Office Suite extensively which included MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio for various documentation and reports. Involving in writing complex SQL queries to verify data from Source to Target Performed data validation testing writing SQL queries utilize tools such as Toad, MySQL. Extracted data for multiple data sources applied different type of joins.
Environment: Windows NT, Oracle, ETL, Java, client-server, Quality Center 10.0, QTP 10.0, Manual Testing, QTP, Selenium Webdriver.
Confidential - Silver Spring, MD
- Complete user story testing for EPS Pharmaceutical software in a scrum agile environment.
- Report project status, impediments, and resolve sprint issues as the Scrum Master for current sprint.
- Utilize Oracle SQL database to validate data integrity.
- Write test case for pharmaceutical application and upload test cases in Rally/QC/QTP.
- Testing request and responses sent using XML files and simulators.
- Complete demos with business group and customer after completing sprints.
- Sprint preplanning and kickoff meeting which included user story selection, software functionality and software design or each sprint iteration.
- Complete regression testing after each sprint cycle.
- View and modify files utilizing UNIX commands.
- Understanding the Requirements and Functional Specifications of the application.
- Participated in identifying the Test scenarios and designing the Test cases.
- Prepared and Executed Test cases as per System and client Requirements.
- Performed various black box testing Methodologies Like functional testing, Usability Testing and Regression testing.
- Functional and integrity testing for COTS components
- Involved in Bugs Tracking & Preparing Bug Report Document.
- Review of the test cases written for unit and integration level.
- Analyze and write detailed specifications and Test Requirements using QTP, QC/ALM and Rally.
- Writing Test scripts and functions wherever necessary for various units of the business modules.
- Handled the Sprint Team and involved in various discussions along with Team of Dev and Design.
- Delivery has been made as per the client requirements and acceptance set.
- Worked on various modules related to pharmacy IVR, POS, INSURANCE, BILLING OF RX, DRUG INVENTORY WEB SERVICES, MAIL ORDER PHARMACY, CENTRAL PRESCRIBER, CENTRAL PATIENT DATA, CENTRAL SERVICES based on WEB LOGIC SERVERS.
Environment: HP ALM/Quality Center, Java 6 and 7, Windows 7, MS SQL Server, SOAP UI, spring Framework, XML, Oracle, UNIX, AIX, WEB LOGIC, Snag IT, Text Pad, Excel Compare, Adobe Reader, MS Office, and Internet Explorer, Chrome, Putty and Rally.