- 4 years of experience in Manual & Automation Testing.
- Good expertise in Testing windows and web applications.
- Fully conversant with Software Development and Software Testing Life cycles.
- Proficient in using Quality Center for Specifying Requirements, Planning Tests, Executing Tests, Track and Maintain Defects.
- Strong skills in Designing Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Experience in analyzing Functional Specifications and writing Test Cases, creation of Test Data and Automation Scripts.
- Good expertise in VB script for automation
- Experience in using Traceability Matrix to trace the requirements at different stages of Software Development Life cycle.
- Good hands on experience with QTP and QC, extensively worked on Descriptive Programming and Object Repositories to develop test scripts.
- Extensive experience in Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Usability Testing, System Testing and Database Testing .
- Experience in Black Box Testing.
- Hands on experience in Waterfall and Agile software development methodology and techniques.
- Good analytical, presentation, documentation, communication and inter personal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environments.
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science.
Automation Tools : Quick test professional
Test Management Tool : Quality Center ,Bugzilla
Scripting Language : VB Script
Databases : SQL-Server, Oracle
Languages : SQL, C
Operating systems : Windows 98/NT/2000/XP
Tools : MS VSS
Confidential,Role : Software QA Engineer
Period : January 2012 -Present
- Executed Test Cases and analyzed the Test Results manually in Quality Center.
- Analyzing Manual test cases.
- Identifying automated Test scenarios.
- Automated Smoke and Functional Test Cases in QTP and running them with Quality Center.
- Developed VB scripts for Automation of Functional Test cases .
- Performed end-to-end Manual Testing.
- Performed Regression Testing.
- Executed tests in test lab.
- Logged and tracked the defects using Test management tool Quality center.
- Monitored Defect status using Quality Center to close defects as and when fixed.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, pass and fail Test Cases.
- Involved in Review meetings.
- Involved in Daily Scrum meetings.
Role : QA Engineer
Period : January 2011-December 2011
- Designed, Executed, and Maintained Test Scenarios and Test Cases manually.
- Involved in Automating Smoke Testing Test Cases.
- Extensively performed end-to-end manual testing
- Involved in Peer Review meeting.
- Created Test data based on Test cases.
- Performed Functionality Testing ,Smoke Testing Usability Testing, Database Testing, UI Testing, Security Testing, Regression Testing.
- Logged and Tracked defects using Defect management tool Bugzilla.
- Used MS VSS as central repository to save all test cases and reports.
- Developed SQL Queries to perform data Validations.
Role : QA automation Engineer
Period : March 2007 –May 2008
- Analyzed the requirement and specifications.
- Analyzed manual test cases.
- Identified automated Test Scenarios.
- Prepared automated scripts using QTP
- Enhanced the Automated test scripts.
- Executed and debugged the Test scripts.
- Prepared Test results Document.
- Cross verification of test results by querying back end database.
- Logged and tracked the defects in Defect management tool Bugzilla.
Role : Test engineer
Period : January 2006-March 2007
- Analyzed requirements.
- Prepare test cases and test data.
- Functional logic validation using pathways.
- Conducting QA testing.
- Prepared Test result documents.
- Involved in defect coordination
- Reporting and documenting the defects using defect track
Title: Database Engine
Environment: C, Windows XP
Description: This project was done as part of course curriculum, involves designing and developing a Database Engine that can support some basic DDL, DML and DBA functions.
- Designed and developed a user friendly Database engine using ‘C’.
- Implemented DDL and DML level functionalities; Create, Alter, Truncate, Drop, Insert, Select, Update, Delete functions on tables.
- Implemented DBA functions; Show user, Create user, Delete user functions.