Over Nine years of diverse experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Quality Assurance. Expertise in (Manual/Automation) Testing of Client/Server and Web based applications. Have experience using Mercury Tools WinRunner, QTP and Test Director/Quality Center. Experienced working as a QA Tester handling complex projects and participating in full Software Testing Life Cycle for Financials, Commissions, Telecom, Automotive, HRMS and Logistics for B2B Companies.
- Experience with QA Methodology and QA Validations Strong in Analyzing Business specs and Developed Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases and execute them.
- Extensive experience in Unit, GUI, Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance UAT, Performance, System Testing.
- Experience in using Automation Tools WinRunner, Quick Test Pro ,Quality Center, Test Director.
- Expertise in functional specs for Database & Datawarehouse testing and manual, web testing for 2-tier Client/Server based, 3 tier Web based applications.
- Implemented the software development lifecycle (SDLC) & Agile/Scrum for the testing life cycle.
- Extensive experience in White Box & Black Box Testing.
- Experienced in Testing Database Applications on Oracle(7.x, 8,0, 9i, 10g,11i), DB2, SQLServer, Teradata, TSYS and Access
- Experience in Problem solving skills and Bug Reports using Bug Tracking Tools.
- Expertise in writing, maintaining and Executing Test plans, Test procedures, Test Results and generating defect reports for the developers.
- Excellent communication skills, Documentation Skills, Team problem solving ability, analytical and programming skills in high speed, quality conscious, Multitasked environment.
- Experience as an ETL tester (Informatica), Report tester (Business Objects), Java tester ( ATG Dynamo).
- Exposure in SQL, PL/SQL, .NET, PHP, JAVA, ColdFusion, VB Script, and VB programming.
- B. S. in Computer Engineering.
Confidential,KS Sr. QA Analyst May 06 to Present
- Participated in the discussions with the Business Team on System Requirements.
- Developed and executed Detail Test Cases for System test, Integration test and Production Readiness test.
- Prepared Application test plan, Integration test plan and Production Ready test plans for various functional enhancements for Deferred Compensation Plans, Compensation Details and performance improvement projects.
- Reviewed the Performance results and assisted the development in performance tuning and guided the management in working out capacity planning and enhancements.
- Successfully performed regression testing using QTP to ensure that the new code did not affect the old functionality.
- Created Database Check points, Regular expressions etc to deliver a robust solutions.
- Developed Reusable Automation Scripts for workflows.
- Involved in recreating and converting existing test cases from spreadsheets to Quality Center.
- Successfully carried out back-end tests using SQL knowledge.
- Tested various types of reports generated using Actuate Reporting tools.
- Worked with the off-shore testing team as well after training them to use the application and verify the new functionalities from both front end and back end.
- Worked in Agile and Scrum test methodology
- Training the clients in testing and using the application. Supporting the User Acceptance Test by running various IT processes like pipelines, Imports, ETL and Reports from UNIX box working with the development team to develop scripts for kicking off.
- Analyzed the data to confirm whether the data has gone through the correct transformation after the data was subject to ETL using Informatica. Attended design and touch base meetings to review the status of Issues/bugs for corrective actions.
- Ran UNIX shell scripts for certain batch and Control-M jobs across multiple environments.
- Actively participated in scheduling and executing System Test, end to End test and supporting User Acceptance tests.
- Interaction with the code migration team and the production support teams for successful code migration after the testing.
Environment: Oracle 8.0/9i, SQL, PL/SQL , Callidus/ Informatica 7,Windows XP, , Java, Web Logic, IIS, UNIX, Benthic, TOAD, , .NET, QTP, HP Quality Center, Agile, Actuate, DOORS, MS-Office (Excel, Visio, Word), Change Synergy.
Confidential,FL Sr. QA Analyst Sep 05 to Apr 06
- Participating in the full Testing Life-Cycle from analyzing Business Requirements.
- Preparation of the Test Plans and Test cases for various components of the Rewards statement like Financial statement Summary, Pension, 401(k), Stock Purchase Plan, Stock options, Printing options, Charts etc.
- Performed web application testing, System, Functional testing, Integration testing.
- Communicating the issues with the team members time to time to keep track of an AUT.
- Actively participated in Automation test design keyword driven / Business component Tested vertex systems for account management, sales management, customer care.
- Application tested for Electronic billing, quick bill, online payment etc are tested in VB Script customer suite
- Performed Use Case Gap Analysis.Developed and executed SQL Queries for backend testing
- Reported individual and project status weekly and discussed/ shared information, open issues, risk analysis.
- Created a detailed Test Plan using QTP and used Quality Center to keep track the defects.
- Java based test harness tool used to configure the test environment, agent monitor, and run the tests from Java test agent environment in Linux
- Quality center used to maintain test cases and track the created defects.
- Ran BPT tests and analyzed the results in Quality Center.
- Tested web programming for various HTTP, Perl, TCP/IP, DNS, and FTP platforms.
- Developed QTP based automated test cases for regression with various data sets.
Confidential,WA QA Analyst Mar 05 to Sep 05
- Participated in the full project lifecycle with particular emphasis on creation, maintenance and execution of test to ensure the capability of the systems being built.
- Interacted with off shore team to coordinate and finalize the test scripts
- Mainframe eCommerce application, web applications tested and defects reported in Quality center. System, Integration and User acceptance testing’s done.
- Analyze the Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Documents to prepare Test Cases based on Test Plan.
- Worked on TSYS main frame application screens for account transactions.
- Worked with SQL scripts/queries for data validation, verification at the backend.
- Developed Teradata and Oracle Structured Query Language (SQL) test scripts from test procedures and executed them with Oracle\'s SQLplus and Teradata\'s Queryman.
- Validated Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) processes that load Teradata test databases with data feeds from upstream applications and provided information deliveries of warehouse data to downstream users.
- Performed in Defect Report meetings with Developers, QA Management and updated them.
Confidential,MO QA Analyst Sep 04 to Feb 05
- Involved in Business requirement analysis, functional requirement preparation, initial summary, risk analysis, test plan development, test case generation, documentation and manual and automated testing.
- Wrote test cases and executed them in test lab in Quality center.
- Prepared Test Plans and Test cases based on the requirement document and Use cases. The testing involved knowledge of database and use of SQL queries using the SQL Navigator.
- Tested web based applications, Java applications. Validated data using SQL queries.
- Analysed and validated reports developed in Business Objects. Involved in testing the web reports from Business Objects web intelligence.
- Involved with development team to resolve Data Validation issues.
- Participated in the UAT discussions on the daily basis after ascertaining the status of each defect. With each build promoted to UAT, a Release Note was distributed to all concerned detailing the number of defects resolved in that build and outstanding defects yet to be resolved
- Maintained testing standards and followed the SDLC Software Development Life Cycle.
Validated the data values before and after data processing in Oracle.
Environment: Quality Center ,Oracle 9i, MS Access ,Truecomp 3.7,Business Objects 5.x, WEBI, Broad Cast Agent, BO Designer Informatica PowerCenter 6.x, PowerMart 6.x, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, ODBC, Shell Scripts.
Confidential,MI QA Analyst Feb 04 to Aug 04
- Analyzed business requirements and functional specification documents to prepare Test Cases.
- Configured and maintained Domains, projects, assigning users to projects, assigning rights to users and customizing the environment. Automated the web-based version of the application using WinRunner.
- Wrote WinRunner TSL scripts for Library functions for checking data driven and GUI objects.
- Developed and executed SQL Queries for backend testing.
- Created the test data, maintained the data and parameterized the data in WinRunner scripts.
- Responsible for testing the features of address books, calendars, pop ups and notifications of the application by using both manual and automation scripts. Executed UNIX Scripts to assist in QA Testing.
- Interacted with the Project Manager, Business Analyst’s and Development team to get the sign off for all the Test plans, test cases and the resolution for the issues that are encountered during testing period.
- Coordinated and involved each team member to get work done in efficient manner.
- Handled the error exceptions and synchronization problems in the TSL.
- Tested the application on multiple browsers for cross-browser compatibility.
Environment: UNIX, Windows XP, Windows 2000, WinRunner, LoadRunner ,Test Director ,
SQL Server, .NET, Visual Basic, TSL,VBScript
Confidential,CA Test Analyst Oct 03 To Jan 04
Responsibilities:Performed all levels of testing, including: regression, integration, functional and end-to-end. Created Test Scripts, Test Cases and testing was performed on all the modules manually and automate the process. Derived test cases from User cases. Generated automated test scripts Winrunner based on the functionality requirements for each module for testing the site. Tested different scenarios in HR like new positions, jobs, new recruits, pay run, time entry, vacation entry, travel expenses etc. Benefits and time administration has been tested for HR module. Travel and expenses including approval and settlements are tested in HR. Interacted with peoplesoft developers to report, track bugs and Track end test results.
- Identified and characterized changes in performance and scalability against functionality or architectural changes and work with developers to identify and remove critical functionality.
Environment: Win Runner, Test Director ,Oracle8, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Toad,