- With more than 5 years of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience, I was involved in requirement analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support in the areas of both Manual and Automation testing; I am currently in search of a challenging position to highlight my credibility as a Software Test Analyst/Test Engineer/Software Tester.
- Comprehensive knowledge in all phases of SDLC (Software development Life Cycle) and its methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile.
- Proficient in writing and executing Test plans and Test Cases in highly structured environments and performing all types of testing.
- Solid hands - on experience in Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing and Regression Testing.
- PerformedManual and Automated testing on both Client-Server and Web-based applications.
- Experienced using Quality centerto maintain the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect management, Bug Reporting and Creating Graphs.
- Reported Bugs, sent Email notifications to the developers using Quality Center and JIRA.
- Experienced in automating test case execution in HP ALM using Automation tool HP Unified Functional Testing (previous Quick Test Pro)
- Proficient in applying quality assurance on multi-platform applications including Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Have strong knowledge of PL/SQL, developing database queries for Backend Testing, in-depth knowledge of Oracleand SQL Server.
- Have strong analytical problem-solving, written communication, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work as part of a team and on own.
Technologies/Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Iterative
RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL Software, MS Access
Testing Tools: Quality Center and Quick Test Pro.
Bug Tracking Systems: JIRA, Quality Center, Clear Quest, PVCS Tracker.
Languages: XML, VB Script, SQL, PL/SQL
Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Fire Fox and Netscape.
Operating System: Windows X, UNIX and DOS
Software Applications: MS Office, MS Project, MS Sharepoint, MS Visio and Adobe Acrobat
Software Test Engineer
- Verify business requirements and use cases are working in completed product through QA process.
- Tests include but not limited to data-migrations test, system test, volume test, regression test, functionality test, etc.
- Involved in the development of system testing strategies, plan, cases and conditions to ensure processes and products meet standards.
- Developed system test plans, test scripts and test cases using software requirements specifications (SRS) document.
- Analyzed the product requirement documents, detailed design and functional documents while developing system test plans.
- Most of the test cases/scripts were split into reusable actions within scripts.
- Maintained and updated scripts for every release either by updating the object property value for a specific object or by adding new objects to object repository.Customizing UFT using VBScripts.
- Involved in testing web service.
- Interacted with developers in resolving conflicting issues.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Utility functions were written as part of external library.
- Prepared test data and test results (input/output files) for data driven method.
- Executed the action-based scripts from Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Prepared both action based and component based scripts using UFT. Component based scripts were stored in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Required to use descriptive language at certain situations to complete the scripts.
- Reported defects using Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) to the development team and followed up for defects.
- Used checkpoints and output value to check and retrieve values respectively.
- Experienced in troubleshooting various problems during design and developed phase of automation scripts.
- Prepared user manual for test automation suite and enhanced the scripts for next three release.
- Participated in team meetings to discuss the issues arising out of testing.
- Involved in user acceptance testing, maintaining quality procedures and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Worked in the System (SIT), UAT and Regression testing in the provisioning of HSD, Land Line DV, Cable-Video and Internet customers.
- Tested all TVE partners - HBO, TNT, CNN, TRUE TV, DISNEY, WATCH ESPN and etc.
- Experienced in both manual and automated functional testing of Web and Client/Server applications using automated tools such as HP/QTP and Leading projects of a strategic nature which are business critical.
- Used HP Quality Center v10.x, created and executed test cases for particular features and Integration testing.
- Increased QA team productivity through creation of robust and reusable test scripts utilizing HP Quality Center.
- Profound knowledge of web services testing using Service Oriented Architecture tools SOAP UI.
Environment: UFT, ALM, UNIX, SQL, Oracle, MS Office and Windows.Confidential, PA
- Analyze requirements, design documents and develop detailed test plan, test cases, test scenarios, test scripts, and prepare necessary test data for test execution in Agile Environment.
- Performed Functionality, GUI and Security Testing for e-commerce.
- Performed Manually GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, UAT, and System, Transactions and Regression testing, Positive and Negative testing
- Worked on writing test plan for graphics user interface of Android and IOS phones User Acceptance Testing, working alongside a focus group to ensure the Mobile platform has provided a user friendly interface, maximum exposure to content.
- Involved in different Mobile generations, from 2G to LTE and install uninstall Native Apps.
- Performed compatibility testing on Browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) where Platform (Windows 7,8/10 Vista/XP/Mac OS)
- Used Descriptive, Synchronization, Call function, Parameterization, Checkpoints, Error Handling, Recovery Scenarios, Regular Expressions to enhance test affectivity also created reusable actions by using UFT.
- Maintained and updated the scripts for every release either by updating the object property value for a specific object or by adding new objects to Object Repository
- Prepared test data and test results (input / output files) for data driven method by using Global and Local spreadsheets in UFT for multiple testing.
- Prepared both action based and component based scripts using UFT. Component based scripts were stored in Quality Centre. Executed the action-based scripts from ALM.
- Parameterized the tests by entering different sets of data using UFT.
- Reported defects using APPLICATION LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT (ALM) to the development team and followed up for the defects.
- Used Checkpoints for objects, Text, Table and pages and output value to check and retrieve values respectively
- Involved in the Database Testing using SQL queries of the application like checking all the tables in the Database and checking whether the data is moving in the respective tables.
- Experienced in troubleshooting various problems during design & development phase of automation scripts.
- Created test case scenarios for shipping of placed order, the sales tax and shipping charges. Hands on experienced in online payment processing through.
- Quality Center was used for tracking and bug reporting and documentation of the whole QA process. Coordinate with UAT, BETA and project management teams performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the users.
- Attend in daily Standup Status Meetings for outlining goals for the day and discussion of current or potential blockers, Enhancement and Modification.
Environment: UFT, Windows, Mac OS, Quality Center, ALM, Oracle, MS Office, SQL, VB Script.Confidential, Boston, MA
- Interact with end users to obtain specific system requirements and developed test plans, test cases, and test scenarios.
- Performed Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, UAT, and System, Integration and Regression testing.
- Involved in end-to-end manual and automated testing of the application.
- Prepared test methodology and developed mast test plan after analyzing SRS documents.
- Export requirements, test cases into the UFT and run manual and automation from test lab and log defects.
- Developed test cases, scenarios and organized them using ALM.
- Automated the functionality of the web application and recorded the actions on the web application using UFT.
- Used Application Quality Center for analyzing test results and bug tracking.
- Extensively worked on handling the application response for positive and negative sets of data using data driven testing.
- Attend weekly defect review meeting to discuss the various defects with developers and BA's.
- Report and verify bugs in ALM.
- Participate in various meetings and discuss Enhancement and Modification requests.
- Coordinate with end-users to schedule and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Involved in writing SQL queries to test data integrity of the backend database.
- Wrote user defined functions in the test scripts.
- Executing the test cases and creating test scripts for ad hoc bugs that are encountered.
- Coordinated with QA team members in resolving critical issues with the development team.
- Reviewed project deliverables for completeness and quality in compliance with project standards and specifications.
- Presented daily and weekly status report updates to team lead, test group and managers.
- Performed compatibility testing on Browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) where Platform (Windows 7,8/ Vista/XP/Mac OS)
Environment: ALM, Oracle, SQL, PVCS Tracker, Windows, Mac OS and UFT